Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air quality certificate for France

I was just musing on the idea that two vehicles would have the same registration number and whether the German and French systems could cope with that.
But different V5c's.

I was just musing on the idea that two vehicles would have the same registration number and whether the German and French systems could cope with that.
It could be you need to cancel your registration made with you old Cali , then register again with new verhicle details as @Loz mentiont above .

But different V5c's.
It could be you need to cancel your registration made with you old Cali , then register again with new verhicle details as @Loz mentiont above .
I have looked for a cancellation method on both the French and German web sites - Can't find anything. So have applied for new ones - lets see what happens.

I have looked for a cancellation method on both the French and German web sites - Can't find anything. So have applied for new ones - lets see what happens.
You could try the 'ask a question' option.

You could try the 'ask a question' option.

Thanks, but I have got to the point where I've spent enough time pfaffing. Will let you know if I get my new certs (which I will need anyway in some shape or other).

Does anyone know if you have to let them know if you change address as its on the form that comes from them ?

Does anyone know if you have to let them know if you change address as its on the form that comes from them ?

I can’t see any reason why. They only need your address to post you the sticker. I had a crit’air sticker for years and have had no follow up. I’ve now passed it on to the new owner on the basis that it belongs to the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t see any reason why. They only need your address to post you the sticker. I had a crit’air sticker for years and have had no follow up. I’ve now passed it on to the new owner on the basis that it belongs to the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibly if you misuse it they would send a penalty notice to the registered address?
Otherwise they could have got the vehicles home address from DVLA, pre 1st January 2021.

I've been unable to find any link to requirement for the vehicle owner to be updated.
It is a vehicle emission category based system indicating that it a fast and easy method to identify the vehicles emission category.

Copy from French Ministry Site

What is the lifespan of a certificate?
A vehicle maintains the same environmental classification throughout its life.
Once acquired, the certificate is valid as long as it remains legible.
The inks and materials in the certificate have been selected to last as long as possible.
During the technical control, the legibility of the certificate will be checked and a renewal may be required, if necessary.

What control?
Crit'Air certificates are intended to greatly facilitate the checks carried out by the police. They can easily identify the class of a vehicle without having to check the vehicle registration document

Has anyone managed to get one even if your V5 doesn’t show any details under section V, Exhaust Emissions?

Yes no problem. Declared at 222.

98B32F08-E9B6-4751-B325-31BBDF972F5F.jpeg

Cheers all. Will go with the info I got off the Parkers guide.
Proper excited to head back over the Channel!

Reactions: Sad
Thanks all for the info on this thread. I’ve just ordered a Crit’Air sticker, and passed the info onto two other families travelling together to France. As we are staying in Rouen, and may go into Toulouse, it’s worth the £4. Cheers :thanks

• Love
Reactions: Sad
I would not worry to much about this as your old Cali will go back to its original registration making the sticker invalid. Then when you make a new application on the French website it will be with a new V5 and Vin number. I am sure this is not the first time this has happened. Question did you remove the sticker when the van went to the dealers ????? as they could ask that it is returned to stop invalid stickers floating around??

I would not worry to much about this as your old Cali will go back to its original registration making the sticker invalid. Then when you make a new application on the French website it will be with a new V5 and Vin number. I am sure this is not the first time this has happened. Question did you remove the sticker when the van went to the dealers ????? as they could ask that it is returned to stop invalid stickers floating around??
Doubt if sticker could be removed intact.

Doubt if sticker could be removed intact.
Exactly it's a security feature. Can't remember if the CRITAIR sticker has the registration number (but 99% sure it does). The German one definitely has it.

I did not remove the CRITAIR or the German equiverlent from my old Cali as the stickers are designed to stay with the vehicle for life (they are tamper protected). When I applied for new stickers for my new Cali with the same registration number already on their system (transfered from old cali to the new one) but with differing technical, V5C details etc. they just took my money and issued a new certificate without question. So its not joined up and I'm not worried!

How long do these take to arrive please to the UK ?

Plus I notice the site drop down has the following under vehicle type : passenger car (M1) light commercial van (N1). My van is a T6 2019 that is registered as MPV M1 (one of the short lived anomalies caused by VW). What would i be better at putting it down as - will the N1 abnomaly that result in a potentail problems and do they cross reference the input with the information contained on the V5's ?

Thanks

Scoobz

How long do these take to arrive please to the UK ?

Plus I notice the site drop down has the following under vehicle type : passenger car (M1) light commercial van (N1). My van is a T6 2019 that is registered as MPV M1 (one of the short lived anomalies caused by VW). What would i be better at putting it down as - will the N1 abnomaly that result in a potentail problems and do they cross reference the input with the information contained on the V5's ?

Thanks

Scoobz
M1, as your V5c states.

Most of the information is missing/blank on my V5 so just sent in a picture of it to them as an attachment when applying. Mine has just arrived with no issues. Goes on our Drivers side I assume ??
That's where I put it...

Thanks for the above reply - as part of the process you have to upload a copy of your V5 which they probably cross-check. Don't think it will arrive in time anyway. Was hoping for something digital / temporary that i could print off.

Is there any other way of getting a quicker one when you are there ?

Thanks

Scoobz

Thanks for the above reply - as part of the process you have to upload a copy of your V5 which they probably cross-check. Don't think it will arrive in time anyway. Was hoping for something digital / temporary that i could print off.

Is there any other way of getting a quicker one when you are there ?

Thanks

Scoobz
Mine has taken just over a week to arrive by post, however you do get a digital one very quick ie within days