Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air quality certificate for France

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
€4.80 including postage to UK, but registration Docs required to upload, but watch the size and format. Details on the link - the paper plane icon across the top.

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
What a load of pointless bollox.

DocDave

DocDave

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I applied for a crit-air certificate on 1st February uploaded the docs etc but have received no confirmation email - nor an email saying I got something wrong. However they have charged my credit card the 4.80 Euros! Can't wait to explain that to the Gendarmerie. Can I ask if anyone has received their certificate yet??

David

jts46

jts46

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
@DocDave
Remember you are dealings with French civil servants. Took us 10 months to get a car registered all because the previous owner ( car was in his name) went and died.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I applied for a crit-air certificate on 1st February uploaded the docs etc but have received no confirmation email - nor an email saying I got something wrong. However they have charged my credit card the 4.80 Euros! Can't wait to explain that to the Gendarmerie. Can I ask if anyone has received their certificate yet??

David
Received confirmation email within 30secs with order number.
Upto 30 days for delivery.
You can check its progress on-line if you have your Transaction number.

DocDave

DocDave

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Thanks - I suspect I must have made a mistake with the certificate - or possibly I was too eager trying it on day 1. I have just re-applied and the payment pages do appear slightly different - and this time I received a prompt confirmation email - with the transaction number - which I can wave at the gendarmes if needed. Perhaps we'll need to carry gas masks soon along with breathalysers etc.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Have just recieved my Invoice and Certificate - 30 days exactly and the Disc is in the post.

Typical French - have to be different. In Germany the higher the number the higher the Euro Classification, Euro 5 + you get a disc with 4 on it.
In France the higher the Euro Classification so Euro 5 and you get a disc with 2 on it.

Although I have emailed for clarification as it appears that Post 2011 Euro 5/6 should have a 1

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Typical French - have to be different. In Germany the higher the number the higher the Euro Classification, Euro 5 + you get a disc with 4 on it.
In France the higher the Euro Classification so Euro 5 and you get a disc with 2 on it.
Why haven't they got an EU wide scheme then?
And why not just display the euro values it is?

Bonkers!

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Why haven't they got an EU wide scheme then?
And why not just display the euro values it is?

Bonkers!
Money, Money, Money.

H

Hotel California

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Sorry to ask , but for the time beeing this is not a working law i belive ?
And it will only be in the city of Paris? So far , i know others will follow .

So no need to get it not that urgent.
I visit France a few times a year but not at all planning to drive in to Paris so why should i buy this vignette?

Not about the few € it costs just don't feel the need to buy it yet as it imo. useless for the time being.

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Maybe all we need is a Euro 6(5) sticker on the windscreen and be done with it... I would be surprised if the enforcers didn't think its a valid sticker from somewhere.

VW California Club