Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air quality certificate for France

At what point will we get that it all becomes irrelevant because we will not be able to drive anywhere because we can't see through all the stickers on our windscreens!

At what point will we get that it all becomes irrelevant because we will not be able to drive anywhere because we can't see through all the stickers on our windscreens!
Fortunately we won't as by that time the stupidity of running these departments, issuing sticky back plastic discs will have been overtaken by technology and they will disappear to join the ranks of the old tax disk.

Mike

Money, Money, Money.

Completely agree.
Clobber the motorist, or do these stickers suddenly magically reduce your vehicle emisions.
For the sake of a few quid who isn't going to get one so it's pretty unlikely these schemes will have much effect on air quality.

My sticker arrived today - don't leave it to late, I ordered it 2nd Feb, it arrived 16th March, so plan ahead.

Agree. 30 days for the email with certificate and another 10 days for Windscreen Sticker.

My sticker arrived today - don't leave it to late, I ordered it 2nd Feb, it arrived 16th March, so plan ahead.
Did you get a Class 1 or 2 sticker?

Any decent campsites within quick commute into Paris?

Pretty amazing to me that there's no Europe-wide sticker scheme - it surely wouldn't be so hard. It seems to fly in the face of the 'free movement' principle if you need country-specific special certificates to move a Euro-certified vehicle from place A to place B.

Coming up with Europe-wide standards for that kind of thing used to what Brussels was good at (whatever you may think of them otherwise). And no, I'm not trying to re-open the Brexit thread! :Nailbiting

Ours came yesterday. It is class 2.

Alan

Pretty amazing to me that there's no Europe-wide sticker scheme - it surely wouldn't be so hard. It seems to fly in the face of the 'free movement' principle if you need country-specific special certificates to move a Euro-certified vehicle from place A to place B.

Coming up with Europe-wide standards for that kind of thing used to what Brussels was good at (whatever you may think of them otherwise). And no, I'm not trying to re-open the Brexit thread! :Nailbiting

Agree. Same with the toll doofahs. PITA having different ones for different countries.

How else could they screw the motorist. Too much like Common Sense to have just one system for all.

On a different note....

No EU wide MOT either, ridiculous for the legions of retired Camper/Motor/Vans...wanting to explore year after year, but who have to return once a year to their vehicles 'home country' for an MOT.

The 183 day rule in any country is hardly a reason, as vans/people may wish to roam & roam from country to country.

Here on the Iberian peninsula we can't even hop over to Gibraltar for an MOT as it's not UK legal.

A case in point, my Cali spends most of its time in Portugal or here and there in various parts of the EU, later this month I need to go to the time and expense of returning to the UK for an MOT.

Just an idea I had and implemented. I have mounted my two stickers onto a piece of Perspex and will leave it on dashboard.
Have had 2 windscreens over the 10 years and had problems removing tax disc.

Don't think it would be ok ...most toll tags must be fitted permanent on the windscreen so they can not put from one verhicle to a other.
You could be ok until some policeman working by the book gives you a ticket.

Don't think it would be ok ...most toll tags must be fitted permanent on the windscreen so they can not put from one verhicle to a other.
You could be ok until some policeman working by the book gives you a ticket.
So what happens when you have a smashed windscreen??

So what happens when you have a smashed windscreen??
You get a new tag...
I know with the German "Umweltplakette" you need to keep the reciept to get a new tag in case the window is changed.
And when i was in Austria few years ago it stated specifice the tag needs to be ON the inside of the front window in a visible place

Ours came yesterday. It is class 2.

Alan
Hi Alan, you have obviously completed the French form. A question if I may. When they ask for 'N° de série' on the form do they mean the VIN?
Thanks

You get a new tag...
I know with the German "Umweltplakette" you need to keep the reciept to get a new tag in case the window is changed.
And when i was in Austria few years ago it stated specifice the tag needs to be ON the inside of the front window in a visible place
The SANEF tag for France comes with 2 windscreen mounts and is removable..

The SANEF tag for France comes with 2 windscreen mounts and is removable..

Ok but that is a chip-tag ....we are talking stickers here....at least i was..;)

Is the Paris tag the same as the peage tag ....or is it a sticker?

Can't seem to find my Euro engine rating on my Rego certificate but I am sure I read it somewhere :(

Can't seem to find my Euro engine rating on my Rego certificate but I am sure I read it somewhere :(
Neither can I. I was going to use what VW put on my new vehicle invoice. Euro6 for me.
What did you use for the 'N° de série' ? The VIN?