Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air quality certificate for France

Yes, bought one for the factory tour this spring. Bought online from Berlin. Arrived in about a week. Link on the factory tour thread.

Charles

Update : oderd the 25th august and arrived two weeks later .
Payed less than 5€ shipping to Belgium included . So one does not have to leave it for that money.
Now let's see if i ever accualy need it...
IMG_6965.JPG

Last edited:
I also have sticker for Germany - just got back from travelling in South Germany and there seems to be a large number of small towns now having "Umwelt" areas. I got mine for peace of mind.

Update on the crit' air sticker. Cut this out of an english speaking newspaper at Bergerac airport a couple of months ago

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Now with the recent high themps and air extra pollution there was a temporary rule that verhicles without a vignette where not allouwed and fined in some city's.
Thats why you do good to have one.
The French governement goes out from the fact everyone has (or should have) a vignette and on high pollution days they use the category on the vignet to determine who can enter the cityborders.
Highway/tollroads are (for now) NOT within' that rule.

CritAir certificates for vehicles in French cities required last few days. If this is happening in March in Lille, Lyon and Paris it may be a sign that French authorities are enforcing stringently; summer tourist traffic could be frustrated when routing through city areas inside ring roads. I got my CritAir certificate last year for a couple of GBP£, which came quickly through the post. Details in URL below.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...doubts-over-their-effectiveness-across-France

Now with the recent high themps and air extra pollution there was a temporary rule that verhicles without a vignette where not allouwed and fined in some city's.
Thats why you do good to have one.
The French governement goes out from the fact everyone has (or should have) a vignette and on high pollution days they use the category on the vignet to determine who can enter the cityborders.
Highway/tollroads are (for now) NOT within' that rule.
How do you find out what category is banned on any day Wim? Is it down to the individual to check on the internet, on local radio or what?

@briwy , i’ve seen signs above the road with announcements .
Also the French licenced plates also have restrictions on some days , only even numbers or certain plate combinations are allowed on high pollution days in certain zones . While the next day it’s the other way arround .
At least i have heard it on the news , don’t know the actual latest news on this doh...

Hi All apologies if this has been covered, but i could not find a reference, I have got the Crit'Air vignette, do I need to renew each year? ....I may just be being a bit thick?

Hi All apologies if this has been covered, but i could not find a reference, I have got the Crit'Air vignette, do I need to renew each year? ....I may just be being a bit thick?
Its for the life of the vehicle I believe.

Ah Brilliant. Thank you Nick

Its for the life of the vehicle I believe.
I think that you'd need to cancel it when the vehicle is sold in case of any fines coming through. Update ownership details at the very least??

Ordered one just incase i fancy a trip into one of the cities listed :embarrased

I think that you'd need to cancel it when the vehicle is sold in case of any fines coming through. Update ownership details at the very least??
Same for the German equivalent.

Just out of interest.
On our return this summer I was stopped at customs in Calais and asked by an officer (police?) which city my CritAir sticker was for? I mumbled something in my broadest welsh accent and he just shrugged.
I thought it covered a number of cities, Paris, Grenoble, etc. Is this the case?

How do you transfer to a new vehicle with the same registration number? My reg number was transferred to the new Cali. I now need to update my German and French cert.

@Azteccamper , yes the CritAir sticker cover all the area's the French law had made so far and will be ok for new zones/citys in the future.

@Jabberwocky , i'm not 100% sure but i'm guessing you need new registration and new stickers .
As far i am aware the German and the French stickers are sold as a one timer and stays with the verhicle/licence plate , so if any of this is changed i think you need to renew the sticker .
UK licence plates rules are diffrent then ours so don't know if there's exeptions .
Have you checked theire website ?

@Azteccamper , yes the CritAir sticker cover all the area's the French law had made so far and will be ok for new zones/citys in the future.

@Jabberwocky , i'm not 100% sure but i'm guessing you need new registration and new stickers .
As far i am aware the German and the French stickers are sold as a one timer and stays with the verhicle/licence plate , so if any of this is changed i think you need to renew the sticker .
UK licence plates rules are diffrent then ours so don't know if there's exeptions .
Have you checked theire website

Edit : the French website (Dutch reading version) says :
"The vignette lasts as long you don't change car OR licence plate "

The German website says about thesame , the sticker stays with the car/licence plate and need a new sticker if any details should change.

The stickers are matched with verhicle details(euro norm) and licence plates , i think if any of this changes there's a new registration needed.

Have you checked theire website

Edit : the French website (Dutch reading version) says :
"The vignette lasts as long you don't change car OR licence plate "

The German website says about thesame , the sticker stays with the car/licence plate and need a new sticker if any details should change.

The stickers are matched with verhicle details(euro norm) and licence plates , i think if any of this changes there's a new registration needed.
Thanks Wim
This will be interesting when I re-apply then, as it will mean two vehicles with the same registration will be on their database. I wonder if they can cope with this.
I will let you know how I get on.

How do you transfer to a new vehicle with the same registration number? My reg number was transferred to the new Cali. I now need to update my German and French cert.
There is no transfer as the new vehicle is likely to have a different classification.

Surely, having the critair sticker negates getting a fine in the first place?

There is no transfer as the new vehicle is likely to have a different classification.
I was just musing on the idea that two vehicles would have the same registration number and whether the German and French systems could cope with that.