Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Subtle mods?

slidingaround

slidingaround

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Found 1 or two threads on mods to the cali but interested on peoples thoughts on doing exterior mods. Got my T6 Cali a couple of weeks ago, love it but i can't help but think it would look a lot better slightly lower with different wheels and some side bars.
Does this effect re-sale value on a Cali? is it best to keep standard? Also, i wouldn't want to effect my warranty.

I was thinking maybe keep relatively standard looking by doing just a 30mm drop at VW, sportline wheels, black sidebars etc, maybe black out the pillars.Think my white Cali would look good with that. Any suggestions or pics of what you've done?

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 16.45.02.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 16.44.45.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 16.44.40.png

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't worry about the resale value, more about enjoying your cali. Just keep any standard parts you change to go with the van should you sell it.
I've done a few things to my beach, but that's all down to me wanting it to look the way I want it to. I have different wheels, front grill and h&r antiroll bars. Still have others things I'd like to do but they'll have to wait for the moment.
Enjoy it and post any mods you do.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the resale value, more about enjoying your cali. Just keep any standard parts you change to go with the van should you sell it.
I've done a few things to my beach, but that's all down to me wanting it to look the way I want it to. I have different wheels, front grill and h&r antiroll bars. Still have others things I'd like to do but they'll have to wait for the moment.
Enjoy it and post any mods you do.

Any pics?

Just done a quick Photoshop mock up. Something like the below.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 16.44.45.jpg

Personal choice, we have side bars, 18" wheels, sleek Dubflectas, bonnet bra, rear Sportline spoiler, front Maxton carbon splitter, carbon rear bumper protector and lowered -30mm on VW springs, you already have the black mud flaps which look good.
Both our last vans had carbon door mirror covers, not the VW stick on ones but new dipped ones to replace the originals.

Has the OP looked at the Edition versions, with subtle use of black? (wheels, parts of the roof, and lower stripes. I think they are the best mods for white and red solid colour Calis.

Just done a quick Photoshop mock up. Something like the below.

View attachment 51114
I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of the Sportline rims. Its going to sound weird but my OCD would go nuts at the thought of directional wheels rotating in the opposite direction. I told you it was weird :eek:
The only SL rims I like are the first generation, but wont fit over the larger front callipers without spacers.

The white looks good with black wheel arch trims and side decals.
I personally think the wheel arch trims only look good on a four motion, makes them look aggressive and offroady

I don't see the point in black wheels, unless they're steel rims, the whole point of alloys is you can see the spokes and it stands out.
On my list for next year is either blistein b14s or the new eibach adjustable springs, possibly a front splitter and new headlights.

Yes, 2into1, about subtle use of black(wheels, parts of the roof, etc)

awww thanks @westfalia !
Ok, I reckon one of the most aesthetically pleasing things you can do, and it's VERY subtle, is to put the black decal on the 'B' Pillar - makes the van look lower and longer/sleeker. Here's a few of mine (came standard with black B pillars). I have Bilstein B14s (-70mm which is more than I want) and 20" Vossen CV7 wheels in Matte Graphite. 18" concave wheels with a wider offset than standard would be a cool mod - fill the arches outwardly without sacrificing ride quality etc. In danger of rambling here so:
BEFORE:
IMG_5380.jpeg
HALFWAY
IMG_5663.jpeg
AFTER
DSC_0087.jpegIMG_2371.jpeg
See what I mean about the black B pillar? IMG_3034.jpegIMG_9102.jpeg

But looks less like an Amazon delivery van..
Old-Camper2.jpg

awww thanks @westfalia !
Ok, I reckon one of the most aesthetically pleasing things you can do, and it's VERY subtle, is to put the black decal on the 'B' Pillar - makes the van look lower and longer/sleeker. Here's a few of mine (came standard with black B pillars). I have Bilstein B14s (-70mm which is more than I want) and 20" Vossen CV7 wheels in Matte Graphite. 18" concave wheels with a wider offset than standard would be a cool mod - fill the arches outwardly without sacrificing ride quality etc. In danger of rambling here so:
BEFORE:
View attachment 51126
HALFWAY
View attachment 51129
AFTER
View attachment 51127View attachment 51128
See what I mean about the black B pillar? View attachment 51125View attachment 51130
That's a nice Bus Dude, I'm not a 20" wheel man but that looks sweet.

Back