Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Subtle mods?

Posted on the what have you bought for your cali today thread but thought i would update here too. Cascavel wheels and a Maxton gloss black splitter added.

View attachment 75499View attachment 75500View attachment 75501
Took mine off and replaced with cheaper one which doesn't fill with grime. Confirmed when removing as mud packed in where you cant wash it out.
Just looked and was cheaper a few months back when first introduced,

Matt finish matches the rest of bumper area.

Hi All,

Found 1 or two threads on mods to the cali but interested on peoples thoughts on doing exterior mods. Got my T6 Cali a couple of weeks ago, love it but i can't help but think it would look a lot better slightly lower with different wheels and some side bars.
Does this effect re-sale value on a Cali? is it best to keep standard? Also, i wouldn't want to effect my warranty.

I was thinking maybe keep relatively standard looking by doing just a 30mm drop at VW, sportline wheels, black sidebars etc, maybe black out the pillars.Think my white Cali would look good with that. Any suggestions or pics of what you've done?

View attachment 51111

View attachment 51112

View attachment 51113
if i may possibly give a slightly alternative thought and say why lower it? to me lowering the van is not something i would do to enhance the vehicle , surely this doesnt help life if you go camping on dirt tracks and grass etc , although i may be wrong, and can i just say i do love looking at the vans when people have done this but its the practical side i would hate to have to worry about ? But for sure the answer is do whatever you wish to your van , part of the magic of ownership is personalising and have to say im really impressed with the white here, it looks stunning , ive gone for black and hope to goodness i have made the right choice that makes me happy lol :) :)

Took mine off and replaced with cheaper one which doesn't fill with grime. Confirmed when removing as mud packed in where you cant wash it out.
Just looked and was cheaper a few months back when first introduced,

Matt finish matches the rest of bumper area.
Looks good.
Pressure washer should get to it though shouldn't it?

if i may possibly give a slightly alternative thought and say why lower it? to me lowering the van is not something i would do to enhance the vehicle , surely this doesnt help life if you go camping on dirt tracks and grass etc , although i may be wrong, and can i just say i do love looking at the vans when people have done this but its the practical side i would hate to have to worry about ? But for sure the answer is do whatever you wish to your van , part of the magic of ownership is personalising and have to say im really impressed with the white here, it looks stunning , ive gone for black and hope to goodness i have made the right choice that makes me happy lol :) :)
I bought this in 2019 and still haven't lowered it. I kind of agree with you but i think it would look better lowered. I don't want to have issues you have raised and don't want the ride quality to change. I have heard a 30mm drop actually improves the ride/handling, not sure how true that is.

Love a black van, they look the best when clean.

I went from this: View attachment 75541
then to this:

View attachment 75542
and then to this:
View attachment 75543
Cascavel wheels, blacked out B pillars, California side and trunk decals and some led bulbs for the DRL and parking lights. Maybe the next mod are some T6.1 Led rear lights.

Greetz,
Humby
That looks great, Black pillars is definitely what I need to do next. Love that colour by the way.

I went from this: View attachment 75541
then to this:

View attachment 75542
and then to this:
View attachment 75543
Cascavel wheels, blacked out B pillars, California side and trunk decals and some led bulbs for the DRL and parking lights. Maybe the next mod are some T6.1 Led rear lights.

Greetz,
Humby
That looks awesome. We definitely want to get the B Pillars blacked out but we're also debating whether to get some side decals like that for our Bamboo Green Beach. Just not sure if the colour is too dark for it and it'll just look a bit lame...thoughts anyone?

We decided
9dd588c59f3f96685b2ac453048aab50.jpg
b9327d2a95a4939d58e971716951a52b.jpg
ded61f4195b709b12dc1ccc68826fa49.jpg
6215bbf84042804f5ee973b4c81acb33.jpg
f185794fdd8db4e166906540b719eb65.jpg
to wrap our white van first. Great thread, loads of ideas what to do next. Starting with the b pillar back out - looks fab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love what you’ve done with the red.

We went black & red with our white van.
Black B pillars, badges, door handles, bumper protector, black steps, awaiting delivery of a black rear spoiler. Red on grill, wing mirrors, bottom of tailgate.
Still looking for the right black wheels if anyone has any suggestions.

B90CE109-7FA0-444D-9753-70D21F2192DA.jpeg

Back