Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie intro

D

DH0702

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all - time to introduce ourselves.

We've talked about owning a Cali for a few years but have only really been looking seriously since Christmas. A few weeks ago we found the perfect one via the club's classifieds. I had an AA inspection done because the Cali was about two and a half hours away from where we live. It's a 2012 with just one owner and 16,000 miles, the AA inspection came up good so I jumped on the train to fetch it.

We're now a few weeks into ownership and we're delighted with our decision. We had our first real weekend away last weekend and it was amazing.

Georgie (private plate supplied by brother-in-law George) is completely stock. I'm thinking about a few subtle mods. I fancy black side bars, black roof rails, Sportline front spoiler and maybe a 30mm drop. Any recommendations on where to get side bars from? I'll start with them first.

And on the subject of more mundane things, I'm having the cambelt and water pump done this week at my local VW main dealer based on age rather than miles completed.

DH

Cali.jpg

Welcome

I would think long & hard about roof rails unless you really need them, one of the great things about a cali is sneaking under 2m height barriers. The bars would take you over that height.

Hi all - time to introduce ourselves.

We've talked about owning a Cali for a few years but have only really been looking seriously since Christmas. A few weeks ago we found the perfect one via the club's classifieds. I had an AA inspection done because the Cali was about two and a half hours away from where we live. It's a 2012 with just one owner and 16,000 miles, the AA inspection came up good so I jumped on the train to fetch it.

We're now a few weeks into ownership and we're delighted with our decision. We had our first real weekend away last weekend and it was amazing.

Georgie (private plate supplied by brother-in-law George) is completely stock. I'm thinking about a few subtle mods. I fancy black side bars, black roof rails, Sportline front spoiler and maybe a 30mm drop. Any recommendations on where to get side bars from? I'll start with them first.

And on the subject of more mundane things, I'm having the cambelt and water pump done this week at my local VW main dealer based on age rather than miles completed.

DH

View attachment 79662
Welcome on board @DH0702 and Congratulations on your van. Yeah, it is indeed good when you get what you want and really smart looking van.

On mods, as I see you are in Lincolnshire, the nearest recommended option would be CRS Performance. They should be able to do your 35mm drop and also meet your needs for other mods. I would personally do the drop first, before doing any of the other mods https://crsperformance.co.uk/contact/

Welcome

I would think long & hard about roof rails unless you really need them, one of the great things about a cali is sneaking under 2m height barriers. The bars would take you over that height.
Good point Andy, thanks. Knowing that, I think I'll give the roof bars a miss

Welcome on board @DH0702 and Congratulations on your van. Yeah, it is indeed good when you get what you want and really smart looking van.

On mods, as I see you are in Lincolnshire, the nearest recommended option would be CRS Performance. They should be able to do your 35mm drop and also meet your needs for other mods. I would personally do the drop first, before doing any of the other mods https://crsperformance.co.uk/contact/
Cool, thanks kurien. I've also looked at Vanstyle who are in Nottingham. I think you're right though, lowering kit first.