Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEW California Surf

Decided to dig out the VW press release to see where the confusion is and its a lot of lazy journalism. The Surf is replacing the Coast when you read the release, so Ocean with manual roof less a few of the options. The misquote is where the press release describes the "California Range" as being available with options of "4 to 7 seats" and not the Surf.

Link to press release here.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Decided to dig out the VW press release to see where the confusion is and its a lot of lazy journalism. The Surf is replacing the Coast when you read the release, so Ocean with manual roof less a few of the options. The misquote is where the press release describes the "California Range" as being available with options of "4 to 7 seats" and not the Surf.

Link to press release here.
Yes, i had it down as a rehashed Coast myself. The fridge description threw me a bit. :thumb

Yes, i had it down as a rehashed Coast myself. The fridge description threw me a bit. :thumb
The van in the photo of the press release doesn't have a wardrobe in it.
In the way that it describes it as sitting between the Beach Tour and an Ocean, my money is still on it being a beach Tour with a kitchen pod in the boot. The lack of awning also suggests it's not going to be registered as a camper.

Surf is now showing on the DtD website!

25501977-109E-46E0-BE89-C2BDF91DC629.jpeg

In the way that it describes it as sitting between the Beach Tour and an Ocean, my money is still on it being a beach Tour with a kitchen pod in the boot. The lack of awning also suggests it's not going to be registered as a camper.
Check the link to the press release. Makes it vaguely clear it’s a coast.

Having now seen the options available on the DtD website, they include "outdoor shower connection" & "Lockable storage compartment" it really does sound like a coast under another name.

Also available the 2nd draw & roof storage net option which indicates its the 2 seat bench.

There is the option for the additional rail for the 5th seat, but the seat itself isn't available.

No mention yet as to engine size - Everyone assumes its the 150 but there are a variety of smaller engines in the T6.1 range......

Having now seen the options available on the DtD website, they include "outdoor shower connection" & "Lockable storage compartment" it really does sound like a coast under another name.

Also available the 2nd draw & roof storage net option which indicates its the 2 seat bench.

There is the option for the additional rail for the 5th seat, but the seat itself isn't available.

No mention yet as to engine size - Everyone assumes its the 150 but there are a variety of smaller engines in the T6.1 range......
Still not convinced its a 'Coast', not after seeing this on the California configurator Part#7E1069630. Mobile camping BusBox. Its got the 2 burner stove, space for compressor fridge. I don't remember seeing this on the UK Cali Configurator before, but then again I'm not a UK buyer.

Really hope its not this. BusBox.jpg
And here is your shower.....

shower.jpg

Still not convinced its a 'Coast', not after seeing this on the California configurator Part#7E1069630. Mobile camping BusBox. Its got the 2 burner stove, space for compressor fridge. I don't remember seeing this on the UK Cali Configurator before, but then again I'm not a UK buyer.
I showed that in an earlier post & thought it was going to be that until I saw the available options on the DtD site.

Really hope its not this. View attachment 105901
And here is your shower.....

View attachment 105902
I believe that's been around for a while for the Beach...

@soulstyledevon

What Colour you thinking??

Another additional cost maybe the Rear Camera that is standard on the Ocean!

Fogs and Rear Cam are not listed as an option on DtD.

@soulstyledevon

What Colour you thinking??

Another additional cost maybe the Rear Camera that is standard on the Ocean!

Fogs and Rear Cam are not listed as an option on DtD.

I’m sure there was a package, might have been with the trailer assist or something odd, that included rear camera and all round parking sensors.

Colour is difficult.
Indium grey is my favourite, but our old Ocean was Indium so want a different colour.
Rosso Fortuna is probably the next best colour as I do want a metallic.

I think the red with gold wheels from Transporter HQ would look good and lots of black detailing, side bars etc

I’m sure there was a package, might have been with the trailer assist or something odd, that included rear camera and all round parking sensors.

Colour is difficult.
Indium grey is my favourite, but our old Ocean was Indium so want a different colour.
Rosso Fortuna is probably the next best colour as I do want a metallic.

I think the red with gold wheels from Transporter HQ would look good and lots of black detailing, side bars etc
My first Beach was Indium and my last Beach was Indium.

My current Kombi is Indium and I really don’t like it! I so regret going back to it but Kombi and Last Beach were ordered the same time and really wish I’d changed the colour before it went confirmed.

I really like the Fortana Red but would be concerned I’d go off it.

Shame they haven’t introduced a new Met Grey.

My first Beach was Indium and my last Beach was Indium.

My current Kombi is Indium and I really don’t like it! I so regret going back to it but Kombi and Last Beach were ordered the same time and really wish I’d changed the colour before it went confirmed.

Indium is the easiest colour to live with. Looks great when clean, hides the dirt better than most colours and blends in to surroundings really well. I was tempted to order it again, but a colour change really makes it feel like a brand new product.
It’s not really, it’s another T6 for me. So feel I need to change the colour.
Onyx white looks good, not sure how easy it would be to keep clean…

Indium is the easiest colour to live with. Looks great when clean, hides the dirt better than most colours and blends in to surroundings really well. I was tempted to order it again, but a colour change really makes it feel like a brand new product.
It’s not really, it’s another T6 for me. So feel I need to change the colour.
Onyx white looks good, not sure how easy it would be to keep clean…
Didn’t think Onyx had been available for years?

Didn’t think Onyx had been available for years?
You might be right.
It’s probably just standard panel van white.
I did that colour years back… ;)

A56421A2-D4D7-4834-9D9C-181739565760.jpeg

Hi everyone

A bit more information on the surf.

Does have a parking heater as standard.
Cupboards the same as the ocean but in bright oak.
Electric roof
Led Lights as standard
Heated seats.

Hi everyone

Electric roof
Led Lights as standard
Heated seats.
Makes the minimal price differential with the Ocean quite palatable. I think the electric roof was a faux pas. To my mind this should have been a Coast with a few useful extras like LED lights. Since its a UK only model the parking heater was obligatory.

Hi everyone

Electric roof
Led Lights as standard
Heated seats.

@Tomdbreeze, do you know if it has the following:
Fog Lights?
Awning?
Rear Camera?

Or is that all the information you have?

Fog lights aren’t available.
Awning is available but only in silver.
Rear view camera not available either.
So, if the camera and fogs are not available, could it mean that they are Standard?

So, if the camera and fogs are not available, could it mean that they are Standard?
Unfortunately not as I have checked the standard specification and isn’t available on there either.

Defo a full on quick build and deliver parts bin model then. Given what is missing, the only benefit of this is speed of delivery - the cost difference IMHO is not worth the loss of features and choice.

I'm also not a fan of the silver awnings of the wood look interiors (personal op), so had this cropped up when I was looking I'd have been well out.

Back