Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California Offers!!

Tomdbreeze

Tomdbreeze

Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
N/A
Morning Everybody!

I have unfortunately been a bit quiet on here recently after taking up a new position within the Van Centre but wanted to communicate the new offers that have just become available on California.

The New Finance package they have released yesterday includes £1,000 deposit contribution if funded via PCP or 5 Year HP at a lower interest rate of 7.9% a decrease of 1% from 8.9% for the last previous quarters.

Volkswagen are also offering 3x Services FOC and 1 MOT. They are also offering 1 year free insurance.

I’m sure most of you will realise these are the strongest offers they have put out in sometime in regards to California.

If anyone is of interest and looking at buying a New California. Please contact me and my team on 01202 713100 or you can reach me directly at Tom.davidson@breeze.co.uk and one of my team will be in contact!

Happy New Year everybody!

Morning Everybody!

I have unfortunately been a bit quiet on here recently after taking up a new position within the Van Centre but wanted to communicate the new offers that have just become available on California.

The New Finance package they have released yesterday includes £1,000 deposit contribution if funded via PCP or 5 Year HP at a lower interest rate of 7.9% a decrease of 1% from 8.9% for the last previous quarters.

Volkswagen are also offering 3x Services FOC and 1 MOT. They are also offering 1 year free insurance.

That’s a move in the right direction and a bit of welcome relief for prospective new buyers.
Who is the provider of the free insurance and is it available across the board ? For example, would someone with points on their license and/or a previous insurance claim be eligible ?

That’s a move in the right direction and a bit of welcome relief for prospective new buyers.
Who is the provider of the free insurance and is it available across the board ? For example, would someone with points on their license and/or a previous insurance claim be eligible ?
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

For eligibility the drivers must be between 25-75. Minimum of two years no claim discount and a full driving license for two years. Have no more than one minor driving conviction within the last five years and not been banned or disqualified from driving within 5 years.

The insurance is provided by Volkswagen themselves in the same way they offer drive away insurance.

Hope that helps.

Tom

The market has clearly collapsed.
Not quite sure how a very dealer focused offer that in reality is only worth about 1500 quid in total, 2500 with the deposit contribution contributes to a collapse. Unless it was an ironic statement.

2500 of offers on a 80K van is about 4%.

Meh. We had all these offers last year with a much better rate and a healthy discount from DTD.

Not quite sure how a very dealer focused offer that in reality is only worth about 1500 quid in total, 2500 with the deposit contribution contributes to a collapse. Unless it was an ironic statement.

2500 of offers on a 80K van is about 4%.

Meh. We had all these offers last year with a much better rate and a healthy discount from DTD.
Well we've gone (in a couple of months) from folks being told delivery will take 14 months to vans arriving in 3 months. We've gone from used vans selling at well over list to there being a record number of used Cali's for sale, with dealers leading the discounting. Discounts on new are available again at dealers where you were laughed at recently. I'll take the above as enough of a sign that the pendulum has started it's return journey.

Well we've gone (in a couple of months) from folks being told delivery will take 14 months to vans arriving in 3 months. We've gone from used vans selling at well over list to there being a record number of used Cali's for sale, with dealers leading the discounting. Discounts on new are available again at dealers where you were laughed at recently. I'll take the above as enough of a sign that the pendulum has started it's return journey.
Return journey for sure, but "collapse"?

Discounts were always there if you knew where to look - we were ignored by most dealers in 2020, a couple had hilarious 1 - 4% off, DTD as always were consistent at 8-9%. Just the market. Happens and will do again.

Every other offer came with our Cali apart from insurance. Free insurance is worth about 300 quid to me a year. A drop in the ocean for the Cali price and largely irrelevant.

Have never expected (and never cared) that our Cali to be worth more than we paid, like it was for a few months, very happy with one of the best residuals in the market, today and for the last decade.

Residuals is the mark of a strong/weak vehicle. Not discounts or offers. They are the effect. That is why all OEM's peg EVERYTHING they do off the market residuals. Inc discount levels.

Note there is no mention of a discount above from Breeze.

Last edited:
Great news Tom for new buyers. :thumb

For the naysayers,
But can you configure and purchase a 4Motion on the VW Commercial website. Nope.
So where are the 4Motion buyers going to purchase one from. Residuals will stay high.
Sometimes go a little low and pick back up. ;)

Return journey for sure, but "collapse"?

Discounts were always there if you knew where to look - we were ignored by most dealers in 2020, a couple had hilarious 1 - 4% off, DTD as always were consistent at 8-9%. Just the market. Happens and will do again.

Every other offer came with our Cali apart from insurance. Free insurance is worth about 300 quid to me a year. A drop in the ocean for the Cali price and largely irrelevant.

Have never expected (and never cared) that our Cali to be worth more than we paid, like it was for a few months, very happy with one of the best residuals in the market, today and for the last decade.

Residuals is the mark of a strong/weak vehicle. Not discounts or offers. They are the effect. That is why all OEM's peg EVERYTHING they do off the market residuals. Inc discount levels.

Note there is no mention of a discount above from Breeze.
Feel free to get in contact and I’m sure I will apply a discount purely making customers aware of the new offers available on California and that’s it.

A very competitive and sufficient discount will be applied.
That’s really refreshing to see you come on here and say that. I hope it helps you sell some new Californias.
What percentage of new Californias sold are on PCP, compared to HP or indeed cash ?

I watched a video yesterday from a Motorhome dealership who have a couple of T6 conversions in, and they say the market is absolutely saturated with them.
Although, the Cali is in a different league to most of them. The pricing is utterly bonkers...

It's winter, dealers needs to pay rent too... so some Cali needs to be sold somehow and customers need to be enticed somehow...

This is now a full-on buyer’s market.
For anyone sitting on a pile of cash, be it from a pension lump sum, downsizing a house, or just because they are plain old rich, there are bargain Californias to be had out there, new or used.
2into1’s swinging pendulum analogy is very good. It swings back and forth between sellers and buyers.

Thanks @Tomdbreeze - is the offer of 1 years' insurance and the 3 services and MOT FOC linked to/dependent on the finance offer?

This is now a full-on buyer’s market.
For anyone sitting on a pile of cash, be it from a pension lump sum, downsizing a house, or just because they are plain old rich, there are bargain Californias to be had out there, new or used.
2into1’s swinging pendulum analogy is very good. It swings back and forth between sellers and buyers.

And always overshoots at both ends.

Morning Everybody!

I’m sure most of you will realise these are the strongest offers they have put out in sometime in regards to California.

If anyone is of interest and looking at buying a New California. Please contact me and my team on 01202 713100 or you can reach me directly at Tom.davidson@breeze.co.uk and one of my team will be in contact!

Happy New Year everybody!
Hi Tom hope you John are keeping well.
Can you tel me how long the wait is now for a new ocean same spec I have now.
Kind regards
John

Hi Tom hope you John are keeping well.
Can you tel me how long the wait is now for a new ocean same spec I have now.
Kind regards
John
Hi John

I’m well thanks you?

I shall have a look and price it up and send over to you.

Tom

Back