Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New California Offers!!

Hi Tom,

is the price agreed on the deal protected at the time of the order or are VW applying the variable / incremental increases for seasonal MRP increase written into their Order T&Cs ?
i.e. is the customer expected to pay for any difference in the order price vs the MRP when the vehicle is delivered ?
Hi

The price is variable depending on price increases but Volkswagen will have stipulations on when the vehicle will need handing over to protect that price. There are T&Cs that would be that if when the van arrives at port they normally have 30 days to have it registered or the price will go up.

With the current lead times this shouldn’t be too much of an issue as unless its two tone the lead time isn’t too bad.

Hi Tom. Any new Beach in stock or coming through? Needs to be high spec but not the £82k one!!! Thanks.

Hi Tom. Any new Beach in stock or coming through? Needs to be high spec but not the £82k one!!! Thanks.
Hi

We haven’t but the current build month for a beach is April so depending on options you would see may/June.

Tom

Well it’s almost Summer and ‘peak campervanning season’ but hey, I got a call from a dealership yesterday asking if I’ld like to upgrade our 2019 Caly Ocean to a new T 6.1.
I guess there are some sitting on the forecourts !
Anyone else had this approach !

Well it’s almost Summer and ‘peak campervanning season’ but hey, I got a call from a dealership yesterday asking if I’ld like to upgrade our 2019 Caly Ocean to a new T 6.1.
We also gave a 19 Ocean. Was the offer temping at all?

Or they want your 2019 to retail now , gives them 2 lots of decent margin compared to taking in a car as PX

The vans are pushing £70k and above.
Easier for an existing owner to trade up than someone to buy new, especially with the strong residuals.

I didn’t even ask as we are more than content with our van. May 2019 and no real issues to date so why indeed would we consider any offer to change.
That's probably my position, but I might have been curious to see what was suggested, if only because my warranty has just come to an end.

Personally would rather stick with the T6.
I’d be interested to know why you say stick with the T6. We have 2019 T6 which has been faultless but are starting to think should we go to a T6.1. The main reason would be that we are unsure of any future variants suiting our usage requirements as well as the current ones do.

I’d be interested to know why you say stick with the T6. We have 2019 T6 which has been faultless but are starting to think should we go to a T6.1. The main reason would be that we are unsure of any future variants suiting our usage requirements as well as the current ones do.
We had 4 faultless, great years with our T6, changed to T6.1 about 6 weeks ago, it drives so much more smoothly than the T6, we’re delighted with it all round.

That's probably my position, but I might have been curious to see what was suggested, if only because my warranty has just come to an end.
We have 5 year warranty so at least another year on ours.

We had 4 faultless, great years with our T6, changed to T6.1 about 6 weeks ago, it drives so much more smoothly than the T6, we’re delighted with it all round.
We find our T6 drives really well but having said that I haven’t driven the T 6.1.
On this forum you are more likely to hear of ‘fault issues’ rather than “it’s braw”, but the threads are also great for advice and solutions.
I have been surprised however by the number of ‘issues’ posted re brand new ‘just out of the box’ T 6.1 ‘s, especially as my thoughts were it wasn’t that much of a change and even more so the GC’s !

The t6 dash is way better than t6.1 and so is the stereo screen, as it doesn’t show them finger prints as much and I love my CDs :thumb
The drive is more car like in the t6.1 and electric window buttons in a nicer position.
I wouldn’t bother changing unless you are rich

That’s good to hear. Next steps would be to see if we can get a test drive of a T6.1.

I’d be interested to know why you say stick with the T6. We have 2019 T6 which has been faultless but are starting to think should we go to a T6.1.
What are you gaining with a change? It's purely a personal point of view but think the T6 with split glass hob revision is the best Cali version. I know the original control panel is not perfect but iam not keen on the 6.1 touchscreen control panel and potential issues out of warranty. I also don't care for the Ocean 6.1 kitchen colour, prefer the Coast.

We find our T6 drives really well but having said that I haven’t driven the T 6.1.
On this forum you are more likely to hear of ‘fault issues’ rather than “it’s braw”, but the threads are also great for advice and solutions.
I have been surprised however by the number of ‘issues’ posted re brand new ‘just out of the box’ T 6.1 ‘s, especially as my thoughts were it wasn’t that much of a change and even more so the GC’s !
Our T6 drove really well, having had the opportunity to try the 6.1, we personally prefer the drive on it as do we do the 6.1 dash.
As with everything in life it’s all about personal preference.

What are you gaining with a change? It's purely a personal point of view but think the T6 with split glass hob revision is the best Cali version. I know the original control panel is not perfect but iam not keen on the 6.1 touchscreen control panel and potential issues out of warranty. I also don't care for the Ocean 6.1 kitchen colour, prefer the Coast.
I’m not sure the old control panel is any easier to deal with out of warranty; they’re both highly complex and bespoke lumps of electronic trickery, but either way there will be someone who can fix or replace if/when they go wrong.

I didn’t even ask as we are more than content with our van. May 2019 and no real issues to date so why indeed would we consider any offer to change.
I like the idea the 2019 T6 is the last in the T6 so early issues likely to be ironed out after 3yrs in production and just got the van how i like it plus still more all in service snd warranty to go.

I like the idea the 2019 T6 is the last in the T6 so early issues likely to be ironed out after 3yrs in production and just got the van how i like it plus still more all in service snd warranty to go.
And there I was thinking our wee BB was just built on a good day lol

Mine was late 2019. At the time I could have waited a week to place an order for T6.1 but didn’t want an early variant just in case of any issues.

Mine was late 2019. At the time I could have waited a week to place an order for T6.1 but didn’t want an early variant just in case of any issues.
Ours is a mid 2020 T6 (Beach) which I presume is the same as a 2019 model. No major problems with it in 3 years. It just works! It’s only got the builders dash with the twin cup holders, but it’s nice to see that everyone gets a builders dash with a T6.1. Those cup holders are one of the best features for me :)

Back