Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

Update; mine is now sat at the port in Emden "waiting for a ship" (progress is progess :cool: ). I wonder how long it will take to get from there to UK soil (where I then believe it has a 10 day KPI so likely to progress fairly quickly).

And it's still in Emden. This is actually more frustrating than waiting for it to be built as we now it's been built for weeks and just sat there not moving.

And it's still in Emden. This is actually more frustrating than waiting for it to be built as we now it's been built for weeks and just sat there not moving.
This is what happened to mine. How long has it been? Mine was there 2-3 weeks.

This is what happened to mine. How long has it been? Mine was there 2-3 weeks.
Just shy of 2 weeks now. I think it's something to do with Sheerness; I've noticed a lot of vehicle carriers between Emden and Grimsby, but comparatively few between Emden and Sheerness

Have you thought about not looking and what will be, will be? :D

Ha no, too excited!
Just one thing, not sure how far you will travel to collect, but stay very cool and calm (and unexcited) at handover and take a good checklist (PM if you want mine) and allow yourself two hours on the forecourt or nearby (I used a local park) to go through it all (unless you dealer is very local) because the chances are something will be missing. It is much easier to point this out at collection and often items can be ‘found’ ie raided from other vehicles (the dealer can then order in to reinstate).

Just one thing, not sure how far you will travel to collect, but stay very cool and calm (and unexcited) at handover and take a good checklist (PM if you want mine) and allow yourself two hours on the forecourt or nearby (I used a local park) to go through it all (unless you dealer is very local) because the chances are something will be missing. It is much easier to point this out at collection and often items can be ‘found’ ie raided from other vehicles (the dealer can then order in to reinstate).
There’s a comprehensive spreadsheet in the resources section of this forum I’m going to use. I’m tandem with the brochure.

There’s a comprehensive spreadsheet in the resources section of this forum I’m going to use. I’m tandem with the brochure.
Although I’m not entirely sure the check sheet is up to date with all accessories that should be included. I probably just need to comb through the brochure and note down every detail

So do dealerships have different views or systems to see orders? Got a brief email yesterday telling me still no build date (ordered 26th April). Then when I questioned this they said: I wouldn't of thought it will me much longer I know at one point they were delays on parking sensors and Tow bars, Rear cameras. Please hold tight, I will keep checking the status, It will just start moving all of a sudden.

Just frustrates me when I’ve counted at least 4 people on the forum who ordered around the same time and have builds starting now and mine doesn’t even have a date yet

So do dealerships have different views or systems to see orders? Got a brief email yesterday telling me still no build date (ordered 26th April). Then when I questioned this they said: I wouldn't of thought it will me much longer I know at one point they were delays on parking sensors and Tow bars, Rear cameras. Please hold tight, I will keep checking the status, It will just start moving all of a sudden.

Just frustrates me when I’ve counted at least 4 people on the forum who ordered around the same time and have builds starting now and mine doesn’t even have a date yet
AFAIK it's "the" system

It’s interesting the different experiences people are having. I expect there are various factors impacting build, model, colour, spec! I ordered a Beach Camper at the end of April from Eurovans Crawley, ascot grey so basic colour but with lots of spec. I thought the spec may impact it due to stories of delays with tow bar, camera and sensors. Called Eurovans yesterday and the van is built and at port in Germany! So a much quicker turn around than I was expecting. Now just waiting to see how long it takes to land in the UK, based on others comments could be a few weeks!

Count yourself lucky ,I reordered my ocean last October,and it been in build now for 3 weeks

Count yourself lucky ,I reordered my ocean last October,and it been in build now for 3 weeks
That makes absolutely zero sense, unless you've ordered a 4motion or some particularly diverse range of options?

Ascot grey ,with sports pack, been in structural in error status twice what ever that means,can’t complain too much breeze Poole are replacing it with my existing van which I took delivery last June ,it came with out lane assist

Might be in the UK now. Mines was at Emden but just seen on the Breeze portal it now has a registration number.

how do I get on the portal to check?
I got the link via an email they sent when I was placing the order. It enabled me to login and ‘sign’ all the necessary documents.

ok thanks I’ll have a look at my emails it’s been a while since I signed the paperwork

Hi All, just wanted to add my experience of ordering a new Cali Ocean (from Dublin). Order was placed 19th Jan...was "promised" the build was to be within 3 weeks of that...which seemed very optimistic. Finally the van arrived in Emden around mid-march and was sat there a couple of weeks and arrived in Dublin 1st April (i went to meet the car transport in the pouring rain in person), hoping it'd be soon after that. I picked up the vehicle on 6th May...it sat in Dublin port for 5 weeks! But...3 months odd from order to delivery? I was happy enough with that and am super happy with the end result. Have had a good few lovely trips and endless numbers of passers-by wanting a little tour! Many who have had custom transporter mods done have been amazed at how well the Cali configuration is done. It's an amazing vehicle! Good luck to those waiting for the order. It'll be worth it!!

Ordered my new one fully loaded in two tone without 4 motion 24th April. It's currently built and awaiting a boat to the UK - unbelievably quick! I was told to expect it around October. The first Ocean I ordered took 14 months to get here. Both were new factory orders and it seems its a complete lottery as others have said.