Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

Collected Herman today from Breeze Poole. Excellent service and handover. Met at the train station by Stuart in an ID Buzz and driven up to the showroom. Jamie is away on his holidays so our handover was done by Justin, an enthusiastic fountain of Cali knowledge who owns his own Ocean. Not rushed at all, we left just before lunch. All in all it was 8.5 weeks from order date and 4 weeks from start of build. Can’t fault Breeze at all. Superb vehicle, lovely to drive - the BMW can stay in the garage now! :D

IMG_8317.jpeg

Is it possible again to order a new 4Motion California ?
They were back on the configurator two weeks ago, gone again today ... ?

Just spoke to Jamie at Breeze on another matter, it turns out our Cali arrived into the UK port today and will be with them next week. Collection should be around 19th June - a full month earlier than estimated. That‘ll be around 8.5 weeks from ordering. I’ve waited longer to see the dentist!
Collected Herman today from Breeze Poole. Excellent service and handover. Met at the train station by Stuart in an ID Buzz and driven up to the showroom. Jamie is away on his holidays so our handover was done by Justin, an enthusiastic fountain of Cali knowledge who owns his own Ocean. Not rushed at all, we left just before lunch. All in all it was 8.5 weeks from order date and 4 weeks from start of build. Can’t fault Breeze at all. Superb vehicle, lovely to drive - the BMW can stay in the garage now! :D

View attachment 109707
Hi there Jamie is dealing with our order too and could I ask when you ordered Herman? We placed our order at the end of April and build has started this week. Jamie has said 8 weeks for build and delivery but from your experience it could be a lot quicker.

Hi there Jamie is dealing with our order too and could I ask when you ordered Herman? We placed our order at the end of April and build has started this week. Jamie has said 8 weeks for build and delivery but from your experience it could be a lot quicker.
Congratulations! What spec did you order? We ordered on 13th April and our build started 15th May.

Is it possible again to order a new 4Motion California ?
They were back on the configurator two weeks ago, gone again today ... ?
I have no inside track but going from the comments on this forum about availability of parts for 4Motions, end of Cali production soon and the length of time people have (and still are waiting) for 4Motions ordered months ago, I’d say the possibilities were slim. Seems the configurator regularly has things coming and going (and not just in this country).

I have no inside track but going from the comments on this forum about availability of parts for 4Motions, end of Cali production soon and the length of time people have (and still are waiting) for 4Motions ordered months ago, I’d say the possibilities were slim. Seems the configurator regularly has things coming and going (and not just in this country).
We have ordered a 150 in Ascot Grey with Sport Stying Pack, full spec attached. We are so excited!

IMG_5624.jpeg

I think Justinitus1972's order seems to have been particularly quick; there are several of us who ordered nearly a month earlier and haven't had ours yet (similar spec too). My guess is there was a cancelled order and either it happened to be the same spec so that one was fulfilled instead, or perhaps if an order gets cancelled pre-build the slot gets another order allocated into it? That said, Justinitus1972 had the same build start as my order and mine is still in Germany. Maybe Tom@Breeze could comment as he lurks on this forum sometimes.

Last edited:
I’ve heard there are often delays at Emden, and it doesn’t always follow the logic of first in first out there. Mine had build date of 17th April was stuck at Emden for 2 weeks before shipping. Sounds like it was delivered to Breeze at the same time as Justinitus1972’s Ocean.

I’ve heard there are often delays at Emden, and it doesn’t always follow the logic of first in first out there. Mine had build date of 17th April was stuck at Emden for 2 weeks before shipping. Sounds like it was delivered to Breeze at the same time as Justinitus1972’s Ocean.
Indeed, although my point was my order was around a month earlier than Justinitus1972's but we shared the same build week.

Aww yeah we should all be so lucky, our order for a Surf has been in for 7 weeks now and still no build date :(

Anyone else with Surf orders in fairing any better?

We placed an order right at the end of the spring sales event at the end of April. Ocean with a few options but nothing unusual. Went through drivethedeal and Euro Vans Crawley. Out of interest has anyone else ordered at the same time / dealer and had any updates on manufacture dates yet? Was originally told end of July but thought I would get a build date soon if that was the case. Feel like a total kid at the moment waiting for Santa!!! Plus I am running out of room in the spare room for all the stuff that this forum advised me to buy!!!
Haha that is me exactly, collecting in a couple of weeks and huge pile of stuff waiting. Surf from Crawley.

Aww yeah we should all be so lucky, our order for a Surf has been in for 7 weeks now and still no build date :(

Anyone else with Surf orders in fairing any better?
I bet you hear soon - I ordered Surf end March, told built end May.

How much fuel does EuroVans put in new Cali’s at collection??

I think it was 10 litres. But the garage has a petrol station onsite. So you can just fill it up

1686861801376.png

Would not both with Life shine Consider a ceramic coating, offers a lot better long term protection and easy of cleaning.
I only noticed that in the quote a week or so ago. Is it a waste of money?

Ordered for a Beach Tour went into system 1-May. Into build 5-June. Expected delivery mid-August.

Received an email today 16-Jun "Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated." no mention of when.

Received an email today 16-Jun "Your order is in progress but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated." no mention of when.
As has been remarked earlier in this thread, I'm sure you'll get it an awful lot quicker that those who ordered 18 months ago! Not that it makes the wait any easier of course . . .