Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

On the Breeze online portal I can now see its registration showing. That wasn’t there last week. My understanding is it’s registered once in the U.K.
I'm pretty sure if its registered its normally actually at the dealers. I'm a bit surprised as at registration I thought they had to tax it as well. It could be that the dealer had targets to meet before the end of the month.

On the Breeze online portal I can now see its registration showing. That wasn’t there last week. My understanding is it’s registered once in the U.K.
It can be assigned a registration No by the dealer. It won't be registered with DVLA until you've paid for it. You can ask for this registration with DVLA to be delayed within reason if it suits you. Once registered you currently will receive your V5 in post about five days later.

This makes me think they'd want the final payment (if not financed) prior to registration?

Breeze online portal? What’s that all about then?

It would have been assigned a reg number by the Breeze back room team but would not actually be registered with the DVLA until you sign the registration form and probably not until you have paid for it.

I had a new VW arrive for my partner in March and they actually screwed the plates on straight away but it didn’t actually get registered until I picked it up last day in April.

It would have been assigned a reg number by the Breeze back room team but would not actually be registered with the DVLA until you sign the registration form and probably not until you have paid for it.

I had a new VW arrive for my partner in March and they actually screwed the plates on straight away but it didn’t actually get registered until I picked it up last day in April.
Which would make sense as otherwise you're already eating into the 12 months VED!

Which would make sense as otherwise you're already eating into the 12 months VED!
They provide Tax for a year + 1 week so that they can supply before month end and you don’t loose any of the 1yr Tax period

Last edited:

Really!!! Screwed the plates on?

Really!!! Screwed the plates on?
Yep, which I wasn’t too happy about!
The car was delivered to the dealer and within 24hrs the plates were screwed on the car!

The car was delivered to the dealer and within 24hrs the plates were screwed on the car!
Is this not normal these days? My last few new cars have all have screwed on plates?

Breeze online portal? What’s that all about then?
It’s the portal you e-sign all the documents through. It contains details about your vehicle. Yes it’s been assigned a reg then, not registered yet.

This is exactly what I discovered when I switched out the Belgian plates for German. The latter is wider so needed a new plate holder bezel. When I removed the plate holder I discovered the dealer had used 2 self tapping screws directly into the door sheet metal creating 2 new holes without any anti corrosion treatment. Was not impressed.

Just spoke to Jamie at Breeze on another matter, it turns out our Cali arrived into the UK port today and will be with them next week. Collection should be around 19th June - a full month earlier than estimated. That‘ll be around 8.5 weeks from ordering. I’ve waited longer to see the dentist!

This is exactly what I discovered when I switched out the Belgian plates for German. The latter is wider so needed a new plate holder bezel. When I removed the plate holder I discovered the dealer had used 2 self tapping screws directly into the door sheet metal creating 2 new holes without any anti corrosion treatment. Was not impressed.
The transporter has M6 rivnuts installed on the tailgate to take number plate machine screws. Not used on yours??

The transporter has M6 rivnuts installed on the tailgate to take number plate machine screws. Not used on yours??
No and that's what p!ssed me off the most. Apparently it was the Belgian importer that did this and not the selling dealer in Amsterdam.

Just spoke to Jamie at Breeze on another matter, it turns out our Cali arrived into the UK port today and will be with them next week. Collection should be around 19th June - a full month earlier than estimated. That‘ll be around 8.5 weeks from ordering. I’ve waited longer to see the dentist!
Impressive and great news, but adds yet more confusion as to why orders with EuroVans seem to be taking so much longer. Bizarre.

Impressive and great news, but adds yet more confusion as to why orders with EuroVans seem to be taking so much longer. Bizarre.
I don’t know I think it’s just random. Ours is pretty standard spec but in the most popular colour (Indium) so maybe that makes a difference. Even Jamie was surprised it‘s in the UK - it’s even been allocated a reg number as of this morning. If Jamie wasn’t on holiday next week I think we’d be collecting even sooner.

My mother in law is coming to stay for a month from July, so the Cali will become my hidey hole :D

I don’t know I think it’s just random. Ours is pretty standard spec but in the most popular colour (Indium) so maybe that makes a difference. Even Jamie was surprised it‘s in the UK - it’s even been allocated a reg number as of this morning. If Jamie wasn’t on holiday next week I think we’d be collecting even sooner.

My mother in law is coming to stay for a month from July, so the Cali will become my hidey hole :D
Yours is an Ocean I think? I wouldn't have thought the paint colour makes that much difference, but who knows.

I guess it’s because it’s the only transporter variant currently in production. Gotta help!

I guess it’s because it’s the only transporter variant currently in production. Gotta help!
It’s the only one still ordable but I think they still have a backlog of a year plus for T6.1s, before I swapped it for my Cali order in April I had a LWB panel van on order since August 2022 and hadn’t even been allocated a build slot. Some people who have had 4Motion Sportlines on order have been waiting for them since 2021 and keep being pushed back.

Last edited:
More likely because EV have so many orders it‘a taken them longer to process them. They seem to have gone for the high volume of orders but lower profit per order model like a lot of online sales sites.

Wow, reading this thread makes me really glad I bought used. I don't think I'd have the patience to cope with such a long wait and dates being put back.

Still, without the new vans there wouldn't be any used!

Well, UK market these days at least, it's a fairly prompt turnaround. The argument of course is a slow new vehicle feed drives used prices up as demand isn't met by supply.

Well, UK market these days at least, it's a fairly prompt turnaround. The argument of course is a slow new vehicle feed drives used prices up as demand isn't met by supply.
Yes, but there are 99 used T6.1 Oceans for sale on Autotrader alone!