Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

And even the cheapest one of those is only a few thousand less than a brand new one (discounted price, not RRP obviously).
They are still for sale though :)

So now I wonder what options on an Ocean make it more desirable on the second hand market?
Extended warranty, Pro nav, tow bar, shower connection, art velours???

They are still for sale though :)

So now I wonder what options on an Ocean make it more desirable on the second hand market?
Extended warranty, Pro nav, tow bar, shower connection, art velours???
And you get to choose the exact spec you want.
Rather than having to have it something retro fitted…

So this happened today… (FWIW, I ordered end March with DTD and this is first status related email).

“Your vehicle is built and on the way to the port of exit for shipment, Therefore, we anticipate your vehicle to arrive and delivered to us within the next 4-6 weeks APPROXIMATELY“

Starting to get excited

Did you go for a Surf, Ocean or Beach? I wonder if Surfs are coming through quicker (which some said was one of the points of a Surf).

Did you go for a Surf, Ocean or Beach? I wonder if Surfs are coming through quicker (which some said was one of the points of a Surf).
That timescale aligns with what I was told; what I was advised was circa 2nd week of July (ordered the second to last week of March), which would be similar.

Update; mine is now sat at the port in Emden "waiting for a ship" (progress is progess :cool: ). I wonder how long it will take to get from there to UK soil (where I then believe it has a 10 day KPI so likely to progress fairly quickly).

Last edited:
Update; mine is now sat at the port in Emden "waiting for a ship" (progress is progess :cool: ). I wonder how long it will take to get from there to UK soil (where I then believe it has a 10 day KPI so likely to progress fairly quickly).
That’s great news! I don’t think it will be long. Mine started build on 15th May and arrived in Sheerness on Monday - don’t know how long it was at Emden but it can’t have been long. He arrived at the dealer yesterday (Thursday) and we are collecting on Tuesday. Went down to Poole to see him today (awaiting PDI) :)

Herman:
IMG_2139.jpeg

That’s great news! I don’t think it will be long. Mine started build on 15th May and arrived in Sheerness on Monday - don’t know how long it was at Emden but it can’t have been long. He arrived at the dealer yesterday (Thursday) and we are collecting on Tuesday. Went down to Poole to see him today (awaiting PDI) :)

Herman:
View attachment 109578
My starlight blue Ocean arrived in Poole yesterday or the day before too! Collecting next Saturday.

Vehicle cargo shipScreenshot_20230610_200636_Chrome.jpg "city of rotterdam" on its way to UK from emden today

Screenshot_20230610_200636_Chrome.jpg

Interesting with the ship tracking (although how you'd even know a ship is carrying VAG vehicles, let alone anything else, is beyond me), but out of curiosity I had a look at Emden on Google Earth. That place is unbelievable!

We placed an order right at the end of the spring sales event at the end of April. Ocean with a few options but nothing unusual. Went through drivethedeal and Euro Vans Crawley. Out of interest has anyone else ordered at the same time / dealer and had any updates on manufacture dates yet? Was originally told end of July but thought I would get a build date soon if that was the case. Feel like a total kid at the moment waiting for Santa!!! Plus I am running out of room in the spare room for all the stuff that this forum advised me to buy!!!

We placed an order right at the end of the spring sales event at the end of April. Ocean with a few options but nothing unusual. Went through drivethedeal and Euro Vans Crawley. Out of interest has anyone else ordered at the same time / dealer and had any updates on manufacture dates yet? Was originally told end of July but thought I would get a build date soon if that was the case. Feel like a total kid at the moment waiting for Santa!!! Plus I am running out of room in the spare room for all the stuff that this forum advised me to buy!!!
Yeah I ordered via Eurovans at the same time as you. Build date is this week but had to ask them for an update

Thanks I will give them a call
I wouldn't bother calling them until the end of this month; I expect it'll get a build date allocated very close to when it gets built (that's what happened with mine), until that time they don't know anything. I expect yours will get built the second half of this month into the start of July.

I think EuroVans rely on massive turnover to compensate for their discount; I suspect this is why we get little communication from them. As a customer it feels frustrating as we're so keen for our new van, particularly at the moment with the good weather, but in reality they probably have dozens, if not more, Cali orders in (we see a fair few on here and I bet only a small proportion actually use this forum!) so they probably just prioritise on "essential comms", i.e. when it's time to arrange a collection.

Ok I will hold off calling for a few weeks…and distract myself with buying a few more essential items!