Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

So I was thinking about this - there have been remarks on here in the past about after collection find a nearby quiet place and go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Now, other than obvious damage (e.g. scrapes/scuffs to the exterior) and bits missing as part of the handover (i.e. so there's no "well, it was fine when it left us sir, you must have hit something" retorts), is there any value in checking everything else near to the dealership vs at home (but still very soon after taking ownership)? My thinking is any other issues are unlikely (?) to be contested to be customer fault so would have to be dealt with as a warranty issue? More relevantly, I, like many on here, have ordered from a dealer located a substantial distance from home - if I do discover issues, take it back to the selling dealer, then what? Give it back to them? I've then got to get home (and back again at a later date). Or am I missing something here completely?

Ordered a 204 Ocean with quite a few options 2nd May, build date WC23 and just found out it's at port waiting for a ship. Hoping to pick up second week of July, a good month ahead of what I was expecting

Ordered a 204 Ocean with quite a few options 2nd May, build date WC23 and just found out it's at port waiting for a ship. Hoping to pick up second week of July, a good month ahead of what I was expecting
Hi
i‘ve also ordered a 204 Ocean in May and looking at the spec that was generated by the configurator it says “Reinforced pastic floor covering in wood look” despite me not adding it. Do you know if it is now standard?

Last edited:
Hi
i‘ve also ordered a 204 Ocean in May and looking at the spec that was generated by the configurator it says “Reinforced pastic floor covering in wood look” despite me not adding it. Do you know if it is now standard?
I wouldn't trust anything the configurator says - your order sheet is gospel. It's possible I suppose it might turn up with extras they're trying to use up, but far more likely those would appear on stock vehicles for dealers as a private buyer who has ordered a specific spec might not want those extras (I didn't want the wood effect floor for example).

Hi

Not standard as far as I’m aware!

So I was thinking about this - there have been remarks on here in the past about after collection find a nearby quiet place and go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Now, other than obvious damage (e.g. scrapes/scuffs to the exterior) and bits missing as part of the handover (i.e. so there's no "well, it was fine when it left us sir, you must have hit something" retorts), is there any value in checking everything else near to the dealership vs at home (but still very soon after taking ownership)? My thinking is any other issues are unlikely (?) to be contested to be customer fault so would have to be dealt with as a warranty issue? More relevantly, I, like many on here, have ordered from a dealer located a substantial distance from home - if I do discover issues, take it back to the selling dealer, then what? Give it back to them? I've then got to get home (and back again at a later date). Or am I missing something here completely?
There is a list of things to check in the file section.
I spent 1.5 hours going through the whole checklist at the dealer.
Awning handle missing, they filtched one out of a show van. A couple of other bits missing.
They got them.
Had a ciggie torch which I didn’t know about.
Found around 9 panels with scratches in paintwork and took detailed photos while it was sat on forecourt. (So time / date / gps) ingrained into apple photo.
As long as you’ve gone through and ticked the list, previously mentioned.
All good to go. Get home and enjoy it.
Anything that’s not working, or fails can be fixed under the 5 year warranty. At any VW Commercial garage of your choice.

Hi
”Wooden floor with plastic lining” appears to be the cost option. Strange description for the standard one really as it looks nothing like wood but hey ho.

Just had a email update, I’m now status 39 ( on the speedboat) 1 more week hopefully.

Could be heading to different ports. Is yours Breeze or euro vans?

Just shy of 2 weeks now. I think it's something to do with Sheerness; I've noticed a lot of vehicle carriers between Emden and Grimsby, but comparatively few between Emden and Sheerness
Seine Highway currently in Sheerness

Screenshot_20230625_144019_Chrome.jpg

Mine is EuroVans so it’ll be a Sheerness arrival but there has been half a dozen ships while mines been at Emden. Maybe it’s been forgotten about

I’ve spoken to Jamie at Breeze and we are still at Status Code 20 and so it doesn’t look like we will have a super fast delivery!

Picking up our GC680 on Friday from Breeze. Was ordered 9th March.

Ordered my Ocean at the end of April and sounds like it’s going to arrive with Eurovans in mid-July. Won’t be tracking any ships, happy to pass on that one :D
That’s fast !
3 months !

Hi, new to the forum, with our update for folks. Ordered on 11th May (with DtD and Eurovans Crawley) our California is now in build (apparently) with a 6-8 week delivery estimate at this stage. Must confess, getting a bit excited now, didn't seem real before.

Hi, new to the forum, with our update for folks. Ordered on 11th May (with DtD and Eurovans Crawley) our California is now in build (apparently) with a 6-8 week delivery estimate at this stage. Must confess, getting a bit excited now, didn't seem real before.
Just had the same update for mine today…hopefully get to say hello when we pick them up together!!!

Not necessarily. My order sheet said 204 engine, but VW installed a 150 due to a 'clerical' error. I waited another 8 months to get what I actually ordered.
That's a different issue; the order sheet is still effectively the contract particulars. In your case they made a mess of it and why you quite rightly could (and did) reject it.

Just had the same update for mine today…hopefully get to say hello when we pick them up together!!!
@TerryLansdown
Both, please please please, use a phone with date / time / GPS stamp.
Check the paintwork with a fine tooth comb.
I had 25 scratches all over my panels when I collected and wasn’t happy.
I took the vehicle and said I’d try my Detailer to see if they can remove the scratches.
They couldn’t.
It’s took 6 months but my Ocean is finally in at VW Coventry having 2 weeks work of a re lacquer and bonnet painted to the tune of £6k.
EV and VW Commercial are paying for it.
So, I want you to be aware.
And take many pictures.

And take the checklist from the file section. Worth the Cost of the VIP.
As items get taken from your California to give to other customers who collect the day before.
I had a few bits missing.
Take an hour or two to go through everything.
Check oil cap on securely. Everything.
Obviously you have to trust the PDi on the safety brakes etc. but the simple things you can check.
Check. As it’s frustrating once you’ve left….