Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 on order - alloy wheels?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We have our first California Ocean on order (originally build week 16 - mid April). Still hope to go ahead subject to deal/revised production date. Not impressed with the alloy wheel choice for the UK, so gone with the standard 'Devonport' alloys wheels. Have seen photos on this forum of white/chrome 18" wheels, think they are called 'Discus' wheels which look really good, especially with a two paint scheme. We have ordered our T6.1 in the Bay Leaf green, do wonder if the 'Discus' wheels would look really smart together.

Does anyone know how/if you can order them. Seen mentioned previously not a dealer option when ordering? Just wondered if possible to change the wheels in production/at the factory. I know UK choice is not the same as the EU? Also do these wheels stay in good condition, just not keen on 'diamond-turned' wheels if they get chipped/marked hard to sort out. If spending a lot of money on our first California (and hope to keep for a few years) might as well get the wheels you like - if possible!

We have ordered 4Motion (199hp) and towbar (which will be dealer fitted) will the 18" wheels be OK with this set-up, not sure what happens about a spare. Don't know if the Devoports would include a spare wheel, something to check when dealers open up again I suppose!

Also like the 'Springfield' 18" alloys only available in EU (not diamond-turned) again wonder if possible to order these instead of the 'Devoport'?

Thank you for any help, advice, no point in asking via VW website (ie. 'live chat' advisors) as they only know basic info.

We have our first California Ocean on order (originally build week 16 - mid April). Still hope to go ahead subject to deal/revised production date. Not impressed with the alloy wheel choice for the UK, so gone with the standard 'Devonport' alloys wheels. Have seen photos on this forum of white/chrome 18" wheels, think they are called 'Discus' wheels which look really good, especially with a two paint scheme. We have ordered our T6.1 in the Bay Leaf green, do wonder if the 'Discus' wheels would look really smart together.

Does anyone know how/if you can order them. Seen mentioned previously not a dealer option when ordering? Just wondered if possible to change the wheels in production/at the factory. I know UK choice is not the same as the EU? Also do these wheels stay in good condition, just not keen on 'diamond-turned' wheels if they get chipped/marked hard to sort out. If spending a lot of money on our first California (and hope to keep for a few years) might as well get the wheels you like - if possible!

We have ordered 4Motion (199hp) and towbar (which will be dealer fitted) will the 18" wheels be OK with this set-up, not sure what happens about a spare. Don't know if the Devoports would include a spare wheel, something to check when dealers open up again I suppose!

Also like the 'Springfield' 18" alloys only available in EU (not diamond-turned) again wonder if possible to order these instead of the 'Devoport'?

Thank you for any help, advice, no point in asking via VW website (ie. 'live chat' advisors) as they only know basic info.
18” wheels then no spare or wheel carrier. The carrier can be fitted and use a 17” with appropriate sized tyre and use as a “ Get you home tyre “ especially on a 4Motion. Wheel circumferences must be within parameters or the 4Motion system can be damaged.

Why did you go for a Dealer rather than Factory Fit towbar?

Info and part numbers for Generation 6 Disc wheels

18” wheels then no spare or wheel carrier. The carrier can be fitted and use a 17” with appropriate sized tyre and use as a “ Get you home tyre “ especially on a 4Motion. Wheel circumferences must be within parameters or the 4Motion system can be damaged.

If the 18” wheels are dealer fit, the van should still come with a 17” spare from the factory.

Thanks for info on the wheels.

Went for dealer fit Towbar as don’t need a removable towbar (standard factory fit) and slightly cheaper if fitted by dealer.

Hi, did you fit the discus wheels? I have exactly the same situation as yourself, van arrived and I like the wheels but would like to see what they look like on the green and white van if you have photos?!! Thanks R

Hi, did you fit the discus wheels? I have exactly the same situation as yourself, van arrived and I like the wheels but would like to see what they look like on the green and white van if you have photos?!! Thanks R
Hi, yes we did and really pleased with them, expensive, look great (when clean) but not too bad either when dirty, which was my concern having white alloy wheels!! So pleased we changed, the larger wheel size works better as well. Managed to find a photo, hope this helps you.

wheels.jpg

Hi, yes we did and really pleased with them, expensive, look great (when clean) but not too bad either when dirty, which was my concern having white alloy wheels!! So pleased we changed, the larger wheel size works better as well. Managed to find a photo, hope this helps you.

View attachment 89067
Looks great!

View attachment 89067
looks amazing, thanks - definitely going to go for them!

View attachment 89067
Hi Gelato, I’ve only just noticed your avatar……. Oops sorry I thought I was being quite original when I chose mine……. I’ll change it shortly :)

Hi Gelato, where did you source those wheels from? I’ve got a bay green Cali on order and spotted these as a great option as well, I think they look a lot smarter than the steel standard wheels!

So
Hi Gelato, where did you source those wheels from? I’ve got a bay green Cali on order and spotted these as a great option as well, I think they look a lot smarter than the steel standard wheels!
rry only just noticed your comment, we didn’t buy them when we first started to think about changing the wheels and they went up quite a bit unfortunately. Bought them from Campervsntastic based in London, wasn’t comfortable buying them on the internet/eBay, choosing tyres was difficult as well, went for Bridgestone Crossclimate - I think :)

Back