Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Order Lead Times

@TerryLansdown
Both, please please please, use a phone with date / time / GPS stamp.
Check the paintwork with a fine tooth comb.
I had 25 scratches all over my panels when I collected and wasn’t happy.
I took the vehicle and said I’d try my Detailer to see if they can remove the scratches.
They couldn’t.
It’s took 6 months but my Ocean is finally in at VW Coventry having 2 weeks work of a re lacquer and bonnet painted to the tune of £6k.
EV and VW Commercial are paying for it.
So, I want you to be aware.
And take many pictures.
@Californication69 Ouch! Sounds like quite a hassle.
Thanks for the head's up though and tips.

And take the checklist from the file section. Worth the Cost of the VIP.
As items get taken from your California to give to other customers who collect the day before.
I had a few bits missing.
Take an hour or two to go through everything.
Check oil cap on securely. Everything.
Obviously you have to trust the PDi on the safety brakes etc. but the simple things you can check.
Check. As it’s frustrating once you’ve left….
Thanks again for this, much appreciated. I'd seen it was available, and was planning on something similar but really great to have a pre-considered list to work through. It'll be a long schlep for us back from Crawley to Edinburgh, so good to identify any issues there and then if possible.

Thanks again for this, much appreciated. I'd seen it was available, and was planning on something similar but really great to have a pre-considered list to work through. It'll be a long schlep for us back from Crawley to Edinburgh, so good to identify any issues there and then if possible.
Wowzer! Yep, take the list!
And take your time going over with fine tooth comb.
Sales guys are great. But the MD, Vic was the one who wouldn’t have it, that the scratches were that bad. But VW Commercial changed his mind ;)

Ordered 28th March, and it arrived on Monday! A hair under three months from order to delivery. It's taken me a bit by surprise if I'm honest, I need to get my arse in gear to sell the Beetle it's replacing!

I've been dodging the usual upsell on Gap, Diamondbrite, trackers etc. They wanted £495+VAT for a Scorpion S5 tracker, so I've arranged an independent to fit it at the dealership for £379 inc VAT instead. They're also giving me a lowball offer on the PX, so we'll have to go to Motorway.

Cheers for the heads up on the checklist, I'll have to pay my dues and get that downloaded before collection.

Ordered 28th March, and it arrived on Monday! A hair under three months from order to delivery. It's taken me a bit by surprise if I'm honest, I need to get my arse in gear to sell the Beetle it's replacing!

I've been dodging the usual upsell on Gap, Diamondbrite, trackers etc. They wanted £495+VAT for a Scorpion S5 tracker, so I've arranged an independent to fit it at the dealership for £379 inc VAT instead. They're also giving me a lowball offer on the PX, so we'll have to go to Motorway.

Cheers for the heads up on the checklist, I'll have to pay my dues and get that downloaded before collection.
Could I ask where you got that price for the tracker? Thanks.

I think mines going the long way round was on the boat last Friday! Really thought I’d get the call this week.

Could I ask where you got that price for the tracker? Thanks.
Or this one for £479 including one year’s subscription. I have the Vodafone one booked from this company:

Or this one for £479 including one year’s subscription. I have the Vodafone one booked from this company:
Ordering the Vodafone one tomorrow from the same people. Getting a provisional date in the diary for fitment. May need to change depending on when the van is available. It also has two driver fobs too.

I had the download the My Connect app email today. And then a few hours later received a email saying I’m now status 40. Arrived in Steerness today but Breeze till saying 7 - 14 days till it arrives at the dealer.
When did you order Marc please?

With a fair wind I’ll be picking mine up on Thursday! :cool: I realise it’s a relatively short journey compared with those who ordered a year or so ago, but it’s felt like a long while since ordering!

With a fair wind I’ll be picking mine up on Thursday! :cool: I realise it’s a relatively short journey compared with those who ordered a year or so ago, but it’s felt like a long while since ordering!
Is yours at the dealer Rockin ?

I’ve just had an email from Jamie at Breeze our van is now Status 38 at Emden waiting to be shipped.
How long does this usually take?

Our order was placed on the 29th April.

I’ve just had an email from Jamie at Breeze our van is now Status 38 at Emden waiting to be shipped.
How long does this usually take?

Our order was placed on the 29th April.
1-3 weeks typically. Then another week or so once in the U.K.

Mine has taken 2 weeks arrived in Sheerness on Friday!

Extended factory warranty???
Should I take it now £478 or after the first 3 years?
Help!

Help!
Do now mark 100% it’s not the same level of coverage when taken after. It’s an extended warranty after the 3 years, not a factory extension.

Help!
You have three months to take out the factory extended warranty so don’t need to do it at purchase time. Having said that, not sure why you wouldn’t being as you’re there.

You have three months to take out the factory extended warranty so don’t need to do it at purchase time. Having said that, not sure why you wouldn’t being as you’re there.
Correct! Sometimes what happens is people sometimes do forget that 3 month time limit. And it’s 3 months from the date the van is registered on the road.