Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Not based at a dealership and not in a sales role.
Have you seen instances where the price has not been honoured? I was told all quoted prices had been honoured to date regardless of when the order went in

Ordered 6th August 2022.
Been told today it’s at the port - 21st October 2022
I think 3 months is a new world record :D
Happy for you, no doubt. I'm looking at a world record but at the other end of the scale. My 2 year anniversary comes along in less than a month, and still no delivery confirmation. it was reordered due to spec snaffu last May so I'm quite shocked by your timeline. Mine is also a 204, 4Mo.

Happy for you, no doubt. I'm looking at a world record but at the other end of the scale. My 2 year anniversary comes along in less than a month, and still no delivery confirmation. it was reordered due to spec snaffu last May so I'm quite shocked by your timeline. Mine is also a 204, 4Mo.
It will standby the test of time thought:thumb:cheers

What about after..I ordered 26/11/21 and still waiting?
Have you seen instances where the price has not been honoured? I was told all quoted prices had been honoured to date regardless of when the order went in
Officially price protection finished on the 10/11/2021. However ultimately it is down to the supplying dealer if they can help or not.

What about after..I ordered 26/11/21 and still waiting?
We ordered 27/11/21 and picked it up on Wednesday. I was not sure if we would be impacted by any price increase but happy to say it was the same price as at time of order.

Got an email saying the van would be with them imminently! Good news. Now just need a date and get travel booked.
Looks like being almost exactly a year from order.
Same here. Which dealer?

I can confirm that my price quoted last September has been honoured this year so no price rise .paperwork has been finalised,so we are happy bunnies here.
I was told my speck vehicle would be £8000 more in todays prices if re ordered.That is a serious price increase it makes you wonder where these price increases will stop in this country (uk) not just on vehicles.
Good for resale values ;)

I have just had an update on my Ocean ordered in November 2021. It went into build in mid August and is currently awaiting parts linked to digital cockpit, tow bar and 4 Motion .

Just heard today that mine is status 39 and expected in the next 2 weeks. Not quite as imminent as I had hoped!
Your post further up the page says yours was build week 36, mine is week 37 so hopefully it wont be to far behind yours(maybe on the same boat)!!!

Mike was great throughout my buying process. Handover was good too, so no complaints at all. Hope you get yours soon!
Thanks, my experience has been very poor, only ever responds to reminder email after my first, he seems very vague, promised some info that has never been supplied.
Just concerned that if he is like this now what’s handover going to be like?

Thanks, my experience has been very poor, only ever responds to reminder email after my first, he seems very vague, promised some info that has never been supplied.
Just concerned that if he is like this now what’s handover going to be like?
Similar story/concerns myself. I’m just going to go through the buying checklist carefully and thoroughly whether they like it or not.

Picked up my Ocean (ordered 13.10.2021) Wednesday 26 October from Mike at Eurovans Crawley.

Access via Thameslink (in my case from Farringdon) to Ifield Station is brilliant with the dealer a stones throw away (but make sure you are in the front 5 coaches, I wasn't and had to run ...).

Happy overall, given the 9% discount and no price increase. Eurovans is a high turnover, commercial van operation, hence the ability to offer that price. Mike was personable and keen to please, but there is a lot to absorb on your own if you are a Newbie to this vehicle - so I was pleased I did my homework thanks to this forum, and to YouTubers California Chris and California Time.

A few days before arrival I asked that the tyres were checked as 235 (as ordered) and not 215 (see California Time video) and that the roof was left up over the week end to check for sag (I have since had to clear the autumn leaves, so they did as asked).

After a 45 minute handover, at least 50% on paperwork (as the order period exceeded 1 year and needed to be rerun) I took the Ocean away, to a local park Rusper Road Playing Field (with 2.1m barrier) and spent a few hours with my checklist (extracted from others posted here, I will add links below in case useful to anyone) forensically checking it all (£75k is a serious matter).

I found no build faults, but the following items were missing:

- First aid kit
- Triangle
- Jack
- Front cab loose magnetic blinds

I have later realised that the front door waste bin (brochure page 22) was missing as well.

Returning to Eurovans, Mike raided another new California (awaiting delivery two weeks hence) to give me the cab blinds, a first aid kit and jack (imagine what it would feel like to discover the jack missing in a lonely spot with a puncture) but he did not find a triangle for me in the donor car: at £9.99 in Halfords I am unconcerned about the latter, but I would have preferred a VW branded triangle in their red case.

Yesterday, I searched on EBay and found two brand new front door waste bins and bought them (£10 each plus postage).

I changed paint colour midway from Ascot Grey to Starlight Blue, and whilst the DVLA Registration was correctly made, Eurovans forget to correct this on the invoice at collection.

I have already spent the best part of two days in and out of the van exploring its features, and putting my bits in. I have checked the alignment of the drain below the gas cylinder, the function of the: fridge, auxiliary heater, water services, lower bed (California Chris newer video essential), among other things.

My previous car is a 2006 VW, and I had some catching up to do, but if others are in the same camp, We Connect and the infotainment system became easier to get to grips once I turned off both Bluetooth and WIFI connection, and restricted the connection to USB cable.

If I was to order another California I would go to Eurovans Crawley without hesitation, unless my local Ipswich VW Dealer could supply at similar terms (which they could not). But, as I say and as @PhilR says immediately above, it could be wise to check the vehicle and paperwork carefully without embarrassment - if necessary off site (the front area is 'rammed') but before leaving for good.

Ocean from cute to jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my checklist in Excell and pdf, there is obvious individualisation to my vehicle which should be adjusted to suit others, also another forum members handover list, which I used to make mine.

The links are to my secure Proton Drive in Switzerland, if you would like a copy by email please DM me accordingly.

https://drive.proton.me/urls/5KC22X4VZ8#83HsVlX0oTWe

Last edited:
Picked up my Ocean (ordered 13.10.2021) Wednesday 26 October from Mike at Eurovans Crawley.

Access via Thameslink (in my case from Farringdon) to Ifield Station is brilliant with the dealer a stones throw away (but make sure you are in the front 5 coaches, I wasn't and had to run ...).

Happy overall, given the 9% discount and no price increase. Eurovans is a high turnover, commercial van operation, hence the ability to offer that price. Mike was personable and keen to please, but there is a lot to absorb on your own if you are a Newbie to this vehicle - so I was pleased I did my homework thanks to this forum, and to YouTubers California Chris and California Time.

A few days before arrival I asked that the tyres were checked as 235 and not 215 (see California Time video) and that the roof was left up over the week end to check for sag (I have since had to clear the autumn leaves, so they did as asked).

After a 45 minute handover, at least 50% on paperwork (as the order period exceeded 1 year and needed to be rerun) I took the Ocean away, to a local park Rusper Road Playing Field with 2.1m barrier) and spent a few hours with my checklist (extracted from others posted here, I will add links below in case useful to anyone) forensically checking it all (£75k is a serious matter).

I found no build faults, but the following items were missing:

- First aid kit
- Triangle
- Jack

I have later realised that the front door waste bin (brochure page 22) was missing as well.

Returning to Eurovans, Mike raided another new California (awaiting delivery two weeks hence) and give me a first aid kit and jack (imagine what it would feel like to discover the jack missing in a lonely spot with a puncture) but he did not find a triangle for me in the donor car: at £9.99 in Halfords I am unconcerned about the latter, but I would have preferred a VW branded triangle in their red case.

Yesterday, I searched on EBay and found two brand new front door waste bins and bought them (£10 each plus postage).

I changed paint colour midway from Ascot Grey to Starlight Blue, and whilst the DVLA Registration was correctly made, Eurovans forget to correct this on the invoice at collection.

I have already spent the best part of two days in and out of the van exploring its features, and putting my bits in. I have checked the alignment of the drain below the gas cylinder, the function of the: fridge, auxiliary heater, water services, lower bed (California Chris newer video essential), among other things.

My previous car is a 2006 VW, and I had some catching up to do, but if others are in the same camp, We Connect and the infotainment system became easier to get to grips once I turned off both Bluetooth and WIFI connection, and restricted the connection to USB cable.

If I was to order another California I would go to Eurovans Crawley without hesitation, unless my local Ipswich VW Dealer could supply at similar terms (which they could not). But, as I say and as @PhilR says immediately above, it could be wise to check the vehicle and paperwork carefully without embarrassment - if necessary off site (the front area is 'rammed') but before leaving for good.

View attachment 101212
Which Mike? There are a few !
I’ll be there in 2 weeks :)Nailbiting ) hopefully!
I’ll be holding them to a waste bin and warning triangle as when spending £79k it’s the small things missing which become irritating.
Good idea about parking up around the corner to go through, at a leisurely pace, the checklist. I’ve printed off the clubs versions and added my optional extras.
I don’t think I’ll get that luxury as the wife will be with, and she is the Tasmanians devils twin.
But I’ll scoot down the list and make sure the main items are working.
Great idea about the roof sag.
I’ll email Mike Wool now….

Enjoy your lovely Starlight blue California, I do like the darker Californias. Really classy

My Mike was Mike Harb****.

I am an old man, wary of posting something that breaches modern privacy protocols, but the above surname in part is hopefully enough to differentiate.

@Californication69: Not sure what a “Tasmanian’s Devils Twin” is, but sounds stimulating.

Last edited:
Which Mike? There are a few !
I’ll be there in 2 weeks :)Nailbiting ) hopefully!
I’ll be holding them to a waste bin and warning triangle as when spending £79k it’s the small things missing which become irritating.
Good idea about parking up around the corner to go through, at a leisurely pace, the checklist. I’ve printed off the clubs versions and added my optional extras.
I don’t think I’ll get that luxury as the wife will be with, and she is the Tasmanians devils twin.
But I’ll scoot down the list and make sure the main items are working.
Great idea about the roof sag.
I’ll email Mike Wool now….

Enjoy your lovely Starlight blue California, I do like the darker Californias. Really classy
I find the handovers where they try and explain how everything works to be a waste of time. Id rather sort out the operation (preferably before hand) on my own. Its hard to take it all in during the handover.

I checked for keys for tow bar, water inlet. Found the jack (wasn't sure if it came with one as I had no spare wheel). I did fail to check for first aid kit, warning triangle and emergency roof ties downs (and they were all missing), but did get the locking wheel nut adaptor, fly screens, door bin, rechargeable torch and ashtray/coin holder.

To be fair, nothing has been an issue to resolve after the event and I still have a few niggles to sort out. Sagging pop-top on one side (so good advice to get it tested for a few days prior to collection) and a very sensitive rear/side parking sensor that goes off all the time.

I would say that the main thing to check with any new car before driving it away is paint/wheel damage. That is one thing that is hard to prove was a delivery issue once you've left the site.

Back