Build delayed - pick up dates?

tribloke

tribloke

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,

- my cali was first to be delivered in October,
- I was then told the build week was the 26 (End of June) with a delivery in July
- Now been informed the build week is pushed back 2 weeks into July with a delivery date probably in August.

I asked the dealer then if it could be registered on Sept 1st for the new UK registration "69". They've said it all depends on when it is delivered as I have to pay and pick up within 2 weeks of it being at the dealer due to price protection. Does this sound correct? Any advice?

Personally, I'd collect it as soon as possible and start using it...

my cali was first to be delivered in October,
- I was then told the build week was the 26 (End of June) with a delivery in July
- Now been informed the build week is pushed back 2 weeks into July with a delivery date probably in August.

I asked the dealer then if it could be registered on Sept 1st for the new UK registration "69". They've said it all depends on when it is delivered as I have to pay and pick up within 2 weeks of it being at the dealer due to price protection. Does this sound correct? Any advice?

Personally, I would pick up as soon as I can but after the delays but with them saying you must pick up it up within 2 weeks of del. to dealers seems all a bit VW onesided - you could have been away all summer in your van they did not deliver.

Last edited:
Hi All,

- my cali was first to be delivered in October,

When did you place your order?
I ordered on the 3rd May and have a wk 24 build date.

When did you place your order?
I ordered on the 3rd May and have a wk 24 build date.

I ordered on the 11th of May, it's a 4motion 30 years edition.

Have you been given a delivery date?

If you were told by dealer at point of order that it would be available in October and that's what you agreed and wanted, I would not take it till 1st Sept. They are just trying to make sure that its paid for as quickly as possible and increase out the door cars for the month.

Tell them your away for summer hols for 2 weeks from 17th August!

What does your order form state? They may say it needs to be registered by end of August for any deposit or loyalty discounts? Were any of these agreed at order?

tell them you are on holiday when they contact you until the 2nd of september!

I ordered on the 11th of May, it's a 4motion 30 years edition.

Have you been given a delivery date?
An approx delivery of Late July / 1st week Aug.

I ordered a 4Motion 199 DSG Ocean. When I ordered we agreed 2nd Sept delivery, but I’m torn between taking it early or getting a later plate.

An approx delivery of Late July / 1st week Aug.

I ordered a 4Motion 199 DSG Ocean. When I ordered we agreed 2nd Sept delivery, but I’m torn between taking it early or getting a later plate.
The DVLA should of made the reg change Feb 1st and August 1st. Every year, loads have the dilemma of school holidays /summer in a nice new car or waiting for the new registration!

What does your order form state? They may say it needs to be registered by end of August for any deposit or loyalty discounts? Were any of these agreed at order?

No nothing agreed, the order states and "Estimate" delivery date of October 23rd, nothing guaranteed. But the salesman just states that as my order is price protected I must collect it within 2 weeks of delivery to them or loose the protection. I think I'll talk to the sales manager. It's VW Van Centre Liverpool.

The contract just states this:

Unless agreed by us in writing, if you fail to take delivery or collect a vehicle or any other product within fourteen days of us notifying you that the same is available for delivery or collection, we reserve the right to cancel the agreement, offer the vehicle for re-sale and deposits will not be returned. You will be liable to pay to us costs that we reasonably incur if you fail to take delivery or collection, including any storage costs and in such circumstances, we will not repay your deposit. Without affecting and subject to the above arrangements, if you unreasonably fail to take delivery of the vehicle, we may re-offer it for sale.

Our California is due for delivery late July early August I have informed the dealer we are away on holiday until the third week in August and I will not be taking delivery until September mine is at Liverpool as well and I've heard nothing back saying that I cannot.

Hi Tribloke,

I ordered in Nov & collected March 1st so it was a 19 plate,

Dealer received the van 1st week in Feb but I had no grief getting them to hold onto it until the delivery date I wanted...

Back