Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

We ordered August 2021- Ocean, two tone, tow bar. We were recently told it had a build date of 19th September but have not heard anything since.

We called the dealer this week who said there is a current issue with two tone paint .

Still waiting and trying hard to be patient.

OMG! So (AFTER CHASING) I receive an email to say our van is BUILT and ready at the docks for transport to my dealer! This is after 13months since original order! We are now very excited albeit we wish we had been kept up to date with build progress! So I ask you wonderful people……
a) insurance - who is recommended - a lot are now requiring trackers (any suggestions?)
b) any immediate kit we NEED immediately prior to first camp (except for wine!)
Thank all These forums have kept us going so I know how good they are

We ordered August 2021- Ocean, two tone, tow bar. We were recently told it had a build date of 19th September but have not heard anything since.

We called the dealer this week who said there is a current issue with two tone paint .

Still waiting and trying hard to be patient.
We got our email yesterday. We ordered in September 2021 and ‘recently‘ changed to two tone Ascot grey and white. It’s been built and expected in UK in <4weeks! It really is tough being patient but hang in there!

OMG! So (AFTER CHASING) I receive an email to say our van is BUILT and ready at the docks for transport to my dealer! This is after 13months since original order! We are now very excited albeit we wish we had been kept up to date with build progress! So I ask you wonderful people……
a) insurance - who is recommended - a lot are now requiring trackers (any suggestions?)
b) any immediate kit we NEED immediately prior to first camp (except for wine!)
Thank all These forums have kept us going so I know how good they are
G-Man Bob:

Regarding a) we have just set up insurance with NFU Mutual for our Ocean (picking up next week) and were pleased with price and cover. There is a good string with a range of other insurance companies described and restrictions associated:

and, probably, several other insurance too strings on this forum.

On b) you clearly have not done enough reading of this forum, as otherwise you would already have a list as long as your arm!

Last edited:
Ordered and paid the £1000 deposit for a white Cali Ocean 150ps in white with a couple of options ie wood floor and red canvas roof on 7th March 2022, Got a email from dealer on 25th Aug 2022, saying that "order is currently a confirmed build week 37 (w/c 16.09) with a dealer estimate mid to late October (fingers crossed)

Was originally told 12-14 months wait, which what i was expecting, but if 8 months from order to delivery I will be over the moon.

Lead times are much better now, if you was to order today you could expect build to start January with some small delays if you choose a tow bar or 4motion

Eurovans Crawley have confirmed that my build week 35 Ocean ordered 13.10.21 (tow bar, 4motion, single colour) is due at their dealership on this Thursday, and ready for collection mid next week (from Mike).

Last edited:
I collected “Kermit” on Friday from Mike at Eurovans. Got off to a bit of a shaky start due to squeaky boot struts (when opening) and then a couple of warning lights appeared as we were driving off. The technicians took the van in straightaway and everything was sorted in a couple of hours. We then headed back home to Northern Ireland without any further issues. Delighted with our first Cali.

View attachment 100305

View attachment 100306

View attachment 100307
How was the handover with Mike as we ordered through him.

So just had an update from my dealer (Eurovans) today and our Ocean (Oct'21 order) has now been built and is awaiting shipping :cheers

It's been a very long wait but it's almost over....
What was your build week number?

Lead times are much better now, if you was to order today you could expect build to start January with some small delays if you choose a tow bar or 4motion
Are VW getting better or do they have less orders? Are we generally seeing 2022 orders getting built quicker. I might have to bring my plans forward if so

Eurovans Crawley have confirmed that my build week 35 Ocean ordered 13.10.21 (tow bar, 4motion, single colour) is due at their dealership on this Thursday, and ready for collection mid next week (from Mike).

I also got a surprise email today that my Ocean (ordered Sept 21) will be at the dealership on Thursday.

I knew it had left the factory a few weeks ago but seems quick, we must have been on the same boat

I also got a surprise email today that my Ocean (ordered Sept 21) will be at the dealership on Thursday.

I knew it had left the factory a few weeks ago but seems quick, we must have been on the same boat
That is two for East Anglia. I imagine you are collecting next week, as am I.

I was told week 34 originally, when ordered ended up being week 43. Almost there, ordered Liverpool September 29 2021 been told its on its way from port in Germany and could be collecting October 29 2022from dealers . its a 4motion with options inc tow bar.
All things being considered with what's happening in the world, I don't think it's too bad.
its been a long journey. update coming soon :thumb

Last edited:
I was told week 34 originally, when ordered ended up being week 43. Almost there, ordered Liverpool September 29 2021 been told its on its way from port in Germany and could be collecting October 29 2022from dealers . its a 4motion with options inc tow bar.
All things being considered with what's happening in the world, I don't think it's too bad.
its been a long journey. update coming soon :thumb
You may have to wait a few weeks whilst it sits at the port for tow bar bits...thats what mines been doing but just heard its been allocated the parts...they have got a team from the factory at the port fitting bits and bobs there to get them off the line and out of the factory...I reckon the whole tow bar thing has set back 2 months...i ordered with a school friend on same day and he took delivery 1/9/22.

I looked today and see that there is a ship in Emden due to arrive in Grimsby this weekend. Hopefully some vans will be on it. The ETA I was given, for ours, was end of the month.

I looked today and see that there is a ship in Emden due to arrive in Grimsby this weekend. Hopefully some vans will be on it. The ETA I was given, for ours, was end of the month.
Fingers crossed

I can confirm that my price quoted last September has been honoured this year so no price rise .paperwork has been finalised,so we are happy bunnies here.
I was told my speck vehicle would be £8000 more in todays prices if re ordered.That is a serious price increase it makes you wonder where these price increases will stop in this country (uk) not just on vehicles.

Last edited:
Back