Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

@markheathcote whats happened to poor old Betty Boo and has Barry moved into the new van.
Haha, yes, bettyboo has been traded in. Matt from SMG took no time stripping off her makeup (side decal).. So rude and no respect... I am hoping she will go to a great new home and have lots of adventures... Barry already made himself at home, but I'm still transferring stuff and ordering things like seat covers. Solar all fitted though and working well.

Haha, yes, bettyboo has been traded in. Matt from SMG took no time stripping off her makeup (side decal).. So rude and no respect... I am hoping she will go to a great new home and have lots of adventures... Barry already made himself at home, but I'm still transferring stuff and ordering things like seat covers. Solar all fitted though and working well.
Could you share a picture of your solar panels and info on where you got them done (if not DIY)? This is something I plan to do ahead of next spring.

Could you share a picture of your solar panels and info on where you got them done (if not DIY)? This is something I plan to do ahead of next spring.
This is the solution that many of us use... a pre-prepared kit with no drilling... there is a picture here too... doesn't seem to have increased my height. You also get a club discount if you email them - 5% I think it was. There are cheaper ways to do it, but I needed the convenience and no drilling factor. The only fiddly bit was getting the wire through the back cabinet, but once I examined the route in with my head in the cupboard I worked it out quite quickly. The controller unit I velcro'd on instead of screwing... all removable if I change vans.. https://solarcampersolutions.co.uk/index.php/en/shop/vwcalikit

This is the solution that many of us use... a pre-prepared kit with no drilling... there is a picture here too... doesn't seem to have increased my height. You also get a club discount if you email them - 5% I think it was. There are cheaper ways to do it, but I needed the convenience and no drilling factor. The only fiddly bit was getting the wire through the back cabinet, but once I examined the route in with my head in the cupboard I worked it out quite quickly. The controller unit I velcro'd on instead of screwing... all removable if I change vans.. https://solarcampersolutions.co.uk/index.php/en/shop/vwcalikit
Thanks!

I am now also in the built and waiting to be shipped camp, which is exciting after waiting 12 months.

Anyone know how long in normally takes to get to the dealer from this point?

I am now also in the built and waiting to be shipped camp, which is exciting after waiting 12 months.

Anyone know how long in normally takes to get to the dealer from this point?
Can vary massively but generally between 5 and 8 weeks depending on trains, ships and transporters.

Actually it's left the factory and on its way.

Almost boiling over with anticipation
I got a call from my dealer (Eurovans Crawley) to say my Ocean had left the factory on 21 September. It then arrived in the UK on 27th September and was delivered to the dealer yesterday, 5th October. I'm picking it up on Friday morning. I seem to have got lucky as this final delivery phase all happened quicker than I was expecting. Just over 11 months from order date! Can't wait!!

I got a call from my dealer (Eurovans Crawley) to say my Ocean had left the factory on 21 September. It then arrived in the UK on 27th September and was delivered to the dealer yesterday, 5th October. I'm picking it up on Friday morning. I seem to have got lucky as this final delivery phase all happened quicker than I was expecting. Just over 11 months from order date! Can't wait!!
Awesome, let us know how you get on. Hoping to pick our Ocean up from them this month.

Can vary massively but generally between 5 and 8 weeks depending on trains, ships and transporters.
Agree - typically 6 weeks. The longist wait is for the boat. Once offloading done in UK it’s very quick (VW say must be with the customer within 14 days ).

Agree - typically 6 weeks. The longist wait is for the boat. Once offloading done in UK it’s very quick (VW say must be with the customer within 14 days ).
Just be aware the dealer does not control the vehicle transporters and their timetables.

Picked the wagon up last Thursday from Eurovans Crawley, great service from Mike. I ordered on June 21 and all of that waiting and angst just disappears in a puff. Even the journey home to Norwich via Ikea and a 30-minute standstill on the M25 was heavenly. And yes I have slept in the carport, I had to.

My first meal was a cheese and ham toastie with the Ridgmonkey.shefits.jpg

Vehicle carrier left Emden on Saturday and arrived at Grimsby yesterday (I think this is what it all means anyway!) Looks like more Calis incoming - fingers crossed everyone.

Ours wasn’t on the boat :headbang

Apparently it’s still at the port of exit. I saw a post recently about vans being sent to the exit port when they were awaiting tow bar parts to still be fitted, but we didn’t order a tow bar.

Anyone else with orders from August 2021 or earlier still waiting for their van?

On the plus side, there has been no talk of a price increase.

@Bigphatwhale Looks great, is it white? Happy camping :thumb

Just be aware the dealer does not control the vehicle transporters and their timetables.
Agreed - deliveries often catch them unawares. VWUK though stipulate that any agreed offers/discounts only apply if the van is registered within 14 days of arrival at the port of entry.

Ours wasn’t on the boat :headbang

Apparently it’s still at the port of exit. I saw a post recently about vans being sent to the exit port when they were awaiting tow bar parts to still be fitted, but we didn’t order a tow bar.

Anyone else with orders from August 2021 or earlier still waiting for their van?

On the plus side, there has been no talk of a price increase.

@Bigphatwhale Looks great, is it white? Happy camping :thumb
Hi, I ordered my van on the 11th August 2021. I rang vw uk two weeks ago and they said my van was due to be built this week although not confirmed and I haven’t heard anything from them since. Hopefully get some good news soon. With regards to price increase, I have never heard or been able to find online from vw about price protection being withdrawn for orders made before Nov 21 if van not delivered by end of September 22? Not sure we’re the rumour came from?

Hi, I ordered my van on the 11th August 2021. I rang vw uk two weeks ago and they said my van was due to be built this week although not confirmed and I haven’t heard anything from them since. Hopefully get some good news soon. With regards to price increase, I have never heard or been able to find online from vw about price protection being withdrawn for orders made before Nov 21 if van not delivered by end of September 22? Not sure we’re the rumour came from?
Fingers crossed you hear something about your van really soon. Just out of interest, what spec did you order?

I spoke to VW via their online chat back in January time. At that time they advised California vehicles not registered before the end of June (end of March for transporters) would be subject to price increases. From reading the T6 forum, some of them paid around £4K extra, with very little warning of the price increases. I never heard of any California’s paying extra, but did see plenty of mention the June date was changed to September.

961C4ABB-50F2-4F60-968E-AC685387947F.jpeg

Fingers crossed you hear something about your van really soon. Just out of interest, what spec did you order?

I spoke to VW via their online chat back in January time. At that time they advised California vehicles not registered before the end of June (end of March for transporters) would be subject to price increases. From reading the T6 forum, some of them paid around £4K extra, with very little warning of the price increases. I never heard of any California’s paying extra, but did see plenty of mention the June date was changed to September.

View attachment 100243

View attachment 100243I ordered an ocean 204, two tone copper bronze/candy white, art velours, towbar, chrome kit, Palmerston wheels, shower, safe, 80l tank and 3rd drawer. Oh right, I’ve never been told by the dealer or vw about a price increase, but then again the only contact I’ve ever had were the handful of calls I’d initiated and neither have been very informative! All I can say is in the current climate I wouldn’t be prepared to pay a penny more after all this time waiting…hopefully it doesn’t come to that. surely they would have notified the customers of this before building their vans! Hope you get your van soon too

I collected “Kermit” on Friday from Mike at Eurovans. Got off to a bit of a shaky start due to squeaky boot struts (when opening) and then a couple of warning lights appeared as we were driving off. The technicians took the van in straightaway and everything was sorted in a couple of hours. We then headed back home to Northern Ireland without any further issues. Delighted with our first Cali.

DB3AD087-E46B-4B43-8DDC-4A6DF03293EF.jpeg

E640FF95-1E33-4558-91EE-2516FAC50BB0.jpeg

74CB73B4-D5F5-453E-A7F7-80852CDB02FC.jpeg

I collected “Kermit” on Friday from Mike at Eurovans. Got off to a bit of a shaky start due to squeaky boot struts (when opening) and then a couple of warning lights appeared as we were driving off. The technicians took the van in straightaway and everything was sorted in a couple of hours. We then headed back home to Northern Ireland without any further issues. Delighted with our first Cali.

View attachment 100305

View attachment 100306

View attachment 100307
Love the wheels and the colour…;-)

Back