Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Worth asking as the update we had from Jon only a couple if weeks ago was still status 19 and week 16 - you might be pleasantly surprised!
Encouraged by this, I called today. We ordered end of July. Fairly standard Coast. Couple of weeks ago, status 10 and build week 14.
As of today, build week 9 and status 20.
Also Breeze, Poole. Things do seem to be moving forward...

Encouraged by this, I called today. We ordered end of July. Fairly standard Coast. Couple of weeks ago, status 10 and build week 14.
As of today, build week 9 and status 20.
Also Breeze, Poole. Things do seem to be moving forward...
I reckon a low spec Coast will be an extremely good buy now it’s been discontinued. Can’t see you loosing much on that or nothing if you got a good discount!

I reckon a low spec Coast will be an extremely good buy now it’s been discontinued. Can’t see you loosing much on that or nothing if you got a good discount!
Yes. Reassuring to know that we won't lose thousands, just driving it off the forecourt. But been thinking about taking the plunge for years. So don't see us getting rid of it anytime soon, or ever...

For those hungrily awaiting your own deliveries, here are a few early photo's of ours, at the dealers and elsewhere ....

View attachment 88811View attachment 88812View attachment 88813View attachment 88814View attachment 88815View attachment 88816
Looks great, gone for the same colour combo. Wish I’d added the chrome pack as it sets it off very well so thinking of doing it retrospectively. Went to see the van at the dealers today, apparently the bike racks are on back order so might not be ready by this weekend…aarrgh!!!

Morning all, we ordered in August and have an unconfirmed build date in early May. Would you make any changes to your order at this point? Or would you leave well alone!

We’re thinking about adding the tow bar prep for a future bike rack.. We’ve seen the detachable tow bar can be retrofitted and doesn’t appear to be much more expensive if you don’t have the tow bar prep… however, we like the idea of everything being done in the factory at the same time (assuming that’s when it is done!)

Morning all, we ordered in August and have an unconfirmed build date in early May. Would you make any changes to your order at this point? Or would you leave well alone!

We’re thinking about adding the tow bar prep for a future bike rack.. We’ve seen the detachable tow bar can be retrofitted and doesn’t appear to be much more expensive if you don’t have the tow bar prep… however, we like the idea of everything being done in the factory at the same time (assuming that’s when it is done!)
I ordered early September with an unconfirmed build date of mid May. I spoke with my dealer last week and made a couple of minor changes. I would give your dealer a call and ask them, but my understanding (limited experience!) is it’s OK to make changes before you have a confirmed build date

I would go with factory fitted option rather than having fitted at a later date. I’ve gone for a factory fitted tow bar for the bike rack, as didn’t want one mounted on the tailgate. Also prefer all electrics to be done in the factory rather than an external company afterwards, therefore avoiding any warranty issues down the line, if the electrics got messed up.

If you think you want a tow bar, I would get one factory fitted. When I had a tow bar fitted to my T6 - aftermarket - one question I was asked was if I had tow bar prep, as this is more hassle and at least one fitter I spoke with charged extra for adding a tow bar when you had tow bar prep.

I ordered early September with an unconfirmed build date of mid May. I spoke with my dealer last week and made a couple of minor changes. I would give your dealer a call and ask them, but my understanding (limited experience!) is it’s OK to make changes before you have a confirmed build date
Our dealer told us it was okay to make spec changes, apart from drive train changes, up to factory confirmation. We changed to colour and chrome pack quite late.

Ordered a Coast at the end of October 2021 and today a VIN appeared at myvw webpage. Dealer says he doesn't see anything in the system.. What now?

Ordered a Coast at the end of October 2021 and today a VIN appeared at myvw webpage. Dealer says he doesn't see anything in the system.. What now?
Yes, same here.
When I tried to input what I thought was the VW Order number in (starts 31 ... ) MyVW rejected it as unknown. However the number on my 'Dealer' Order was accepted.

It then showed a picture of an ID.3, I have previously seen it reported that you will see a random picture until you get a VIN number, so no concern there.

Last week a VIN number appeared - I got a bit excited until truth dawned, way too early for an Oct 21 order to come through. Now the Vehicle Details link shows a full spec for the vehicle - it is clearly for an ID.3 ..

So, seems that my dealer order number has 'highjacked' someone elses order for an ID.3 on the MyVW app ...

Worrying as I now can see someone elses VIN ... and 'they' all try to convince us that digital data is 'secure' ....

Yes, same here.
When I tried to input what I thought was the VW Order number in (starts 31 ... ) MyVW rejected it as unknown. However the number on my 'Dealer' Order was accepted.

It then showed a picture of an ID.3, I have previously seen it reported that you will see a random picture until you get a VIN number, so no concern there.

Last week a VIN number appeared - I got a bit excited until truth dawned, way too early for an Oct 21 order to come through. Now the Vehicle Details link shows a full spec for the vehicle - it is clearly for an ID.3 ..

So, seems that my dealer order number has 'highjacked' someone elses order for an ID.3 on the MyVW app ...

Worrying as I now can see someone elses VIN ... and 'they' all try to convince us that digital data is 'secure' ....
I have a sketch of a VW Golf and vehicle details of a California Coast, my ordered specs..

Following my experience this means they are building the car. I don't know where you are based, and everything can happen now but it is good news. For us it still took 3 months to finish the build in factory and will be 4 months to pick up. But different people has different experiences. In any case if you order in October is fast!

Following my experience this means they are building the car. I don't know where you are based, and everything can happen now but it is good news. For us it still took 3 months to finish the build in factory and will be 4 months to pick up. But different people has different experiences. In any case if you order in October is fast!
I meant it will be 4 months from VIN to pick up, not 4 more months haha

I have a sketch of a VW Golf and vehicle details of a California Coast, my ordered specs..
That sounds more like it should for your order. So, could be on its way soon then. I think mine is an anomally...

Sagy.
We ordered a Coast shortly after you on 8th November 21, so only a couple of weeks apart. The dealer got in touch in January (without being prompted) to say that there are no details on 'the system' other than a suggestion of a Q3 build. Which they thought was slightly ahead of schedule. I'm not aware of any numbers or codes that I can put in to MyVW either. I'd be delighted if I could see anything on 'MyVW' even if it was an ID3 !

Wish I could at least see my order in My VW.

Don't have any reference which it will accept as the order number and sales guy says that's correct as it's commercial vehicle order and not recognised by the system.

Not sure how it's working for you lot :D

Don't have any reference which it will accept as the order number and sales guy says that's correct as it's commercial vehicle order and not recognised by the system.

I tried it earlier after seeing the posts here but also had no luck. The online chat robot had no idea what I was trying to ask.

Seems to work only with 7 digit numbers - I removed the last number from my UK VW Order Number and got a 2021 Tiguan VIN and details ... so, maybe VW UK Commercial Vehicle 8 digit order numbers don't work and you have to wait to be advised of your allocated VIN - just a guess, but ..

How about we all try random 7 digit numbers and see who can get the 'Best' vehicle details!! :)

Back