Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’ve been told both by a dealer in Norfolk and Drive the Deal that the waiting time is 12months for an Ocean.

How does that align with what others are being told currently?
We might also see that, as people start to go back to package holidays abroad, there's a lot more availability of used vans and less pressure on the supply chain (did I read VW order books were up 700% last year for the Cali?). That said, I'd still assume a year.

I’ve been told both by a dealer in Norfolk and Drive the Deal that the waiting time is 12months for an Ocean.

How does that align with what others are being told currently?
I would have thought 12 months is a good time line to work to, but could easily be a month earlier or a month later. I ordered at end of last year if my new van turns up this year great, if I have to wait until early 2023 not the end of the world. The positive is that I have an order placed after a long time of considering van options.

We might also see that, as people start to go back to package holidays abroad, there's a lot more availability of used vans and less pressure on the supply chain….
Yep, I keep an eye on Autotrader Cali adverts and there’s a few that are still for sale that I looked at 3-4 weeks ago. Saying that, one is someone trying to sell an Ocean for £90k!!! Now reduced to a bargain £87k :rolleyes:

Just had an update with my dealer on a early June 2021 order.

Factory have updated them (in the last week) that the build month is now March and they are reasonably confident of an April delivery.

This was on a Ocean 150, only options being Towbar and mattress.

Factory have updated them (in the last week) that the build month is now March and they are reasonably confident of an April delivery.

Great news. We ordered mid-July so hopefully not too long for us!

I had similar information given to me last week, I also ordered my 150 Ocean in June. He did also mention it mite turn up towards the end of March as VW have targets to get them registered in the first quarter of the year. Positive news

I've been watching this thread with keen interest - ordered a Ocean through DTD mid May 2021. Originally was given week 5 then week 7 now week 18 all unconfirmed build dates and the latest coming in Jan. Hoping to get the van before the June holiday mainly to start using it for the summer but also to avoid any price increase.

Positive news that vans are coming through in March. For those of you getting March dates did you have an unconfirmed date before?

Holding off asking my dealer for an update in the hope that I'll be contacted first with some positive news!

Things seem to be moving faster for UK orders, currently looking at April ‘21-May ‘22 here, so 13 months if the date doesn’t move again (fully expect it to!)
Wonder if UK orders are less likely to get shifted around, being RHD they can’t go to any other market?

Things seem to be moving faster for UK orders, currently looking at April ‘21-May ‘22 here, so 13 months if the date doesn’t move again (fully expect it to!)
Wonder if UK orders are less likely to get shifted around, being RHD they can’t go to any other market?
My 13 month wait passed 2 months ago.......

Picked up ours on Monday. Busy few days putting our various purchases made over the last 11 months since ordering in the van! First mini trip planned in early March, plus some day trips in the mean while. It’s still sinking in that we actually own a Cali after 2 years of planning, and hiring vans. The wait is painful, until it’s over!!

Picked up ours on Monday. Busy few days putting our various purchases made over the last 11 months since ordering in the van! First mini trip planned in early March, plus some day trips in the mean while. It’s still sinking in that we actually own a Cali after 2 years of planning, and hiring vans. The wait is painful, until it’s over!!
Nice one.
How does the van feel, any snags and what is your favourite purchase for it so far?

Nice one.
How does the van feel, any snags and what is your favourite purchase for it so far?
It feels great, a nice space to be in, and very secure on the road. No snags so far (finger's crossed). A few "bonuses" we weren't aware of that are included in the spec we ordered..
> Heated Front Seats - I was just mentioning (moaning) to my better half last week that I'll really miss them - and hey presto - they're included!
> More seats pockets on the front seats than we've seen before - small document sized pockets located above the main ones. Not yet figured what to use them for, but we will!
> Remote heating start up. In honesty I did know about this (through these forums), but the vans we've hired to date didn't come with the fob needed.

Purchases? Two favourite purchases so far: I had a large (deep) Ridge Monkey pan bought for me at Christmas - used one in our last hired van and it was great for all types of meals, and packs away nice and square in the bottom drawer. Other favourite has to be the Campinggaz Party Grill 400 we got last summer - so versatile, we used it nearly daily when away. Similar to the Cadac Safari Chef, but packs away smaller.

Great news. We ordered mid-July so hopefully not too long for us!
Our dealer has come back and said the date has moved in from build in May to March and delivery in April. Order July 2021 for Beach (no towbar). He said due to the price increase they were prioritising orders to bring in early to ensure they don’t get a price increase.

Great news it seems these orders are coming in - hoping ours is one of the choosen ones to be brought forward!

Our dealer has come back and said the date has moved in from build in May to March and delivery in April. Order July 2021 for Beach (no towbar). He said due to the price increase they were prioritising orders to bring in early to ensure they don’t get a price increase.
Thanks. That sounds promising - Coast (towbar prep but no towbar) ordered 19 July.

Anyone else on here order around the same time as us (October 2021)? Just before the ordering cut-off but very unlikely to be delivered before June. No word from the dealer as yet, don’t really want to start asking them! Still holding out for a miracle though :)

Anyone else on here order around the same time as us (October 2021)? Just before the ordering cut-off but very unlikely to be delivered before June. No word from the dealer as yet, don’t really want to start asking them! Still holding out for a miracle though :)

Hi Phil.
We ordered our Cali at the end of September. Haven’t heard from dealer since VW factory confirmed our order. I dropped the email to dealer last Monday. Had reply after few hours. What he could see was Status 0 and Build week 0. He said that should change next couple of month. He believes that ours will be produced before end of June. So fingers crossed. We’ll see.

Hi Phil.
We ordered our Cali at the end of September. Haven’t heard from dealer since VW factory confirmed our order. I dropped the email to dealer last Monday. Had reply after few hours. What he could see was Status 0 and Build week 0. He said that should change next couple of month. He believes that ours will be produced before end of June. So fingers crossed. We’ll see.
Hi Richi, thanks for that, that’s encouraging news! Which dealer are you with?

We ordered a Coast on 8th November 21 Phil from Liverpool van centre. We’ve had an update which simply said on track, possibly slightly earlier than the 10-12 months we discussed on ordering. The suggestion that it might be earlier is based on a Q3 build. I’ve not chased the dealer. They’ve been good enough to provide periodic updates even if there’s nothing concrete in what they say. I expected to wait at least 10 months so anything else is a bonus.

Back