Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

We ordered a Coast on 8th November 21 Phil from Liverpool van centre. We’ve had an update which simply said on track, possibly slightly earlier than the 10-12 months we discussed on ordering. The suggestion that it might be earlier is based on a Q3 build. I’ve not chased the dealer. They’ve been good enough to provide periodic updates even if there’s nothing concrete in what they say. I expected to wait at least 10 months so anything else is a bonus.
Good stuff Phil, cheers. Fingers crossed.

Anyone else on here order around the same time as us (October 2021)? Just before the ordering cut-off but very unlikely to be delivered before June. No word from the dealer as yet, don’t really want to start asking them! Still holding out for a miracle though :)
Hi Phil,

Same here - mid-Oct order. Getting dealer updates every 2-3 weeks. Still at Status 00 (as of yesterday) but were told we are on the list and should be sorted pre-price increase. Fingers crossed and staying as patient as possible.

We are with Listers Droitwich. Just for info. We ordered Beach with some extras.
Having seen these recent discussions, emailed Eurovans Crawley last night. Got back to me at 8.30am this morning saying order is Status 20 confirmed week 7 (with Towbar) Order placed on July 7th, accepted at factory 13th July. I've only emailed the dealer 3 times, Sept, Nov and last night. Each time was status 10 moving from week 17/18 in Sept to week 12 in November. Today confirmed build week 7. The dealer did actually say on ordering he was expecting vans ordered at that time to arrive at the end of March, early April 22. Maybe production output is now improving...

Having seen these recent discussions, emailed Eurovans Crawley last night. Got back to me at 8.30am this morning saying order is Status 20 confirmed week 7 (with Towbar) Order placed on July 7th, accepted at factory 13th July. I've only emailed the dealer 3 times, Sept, Nov and last night. Each time was status 10 moving from week 17/18 in Sept to week 12 in November. Today confirmed build week 7. The dealer did actually say on ordering he was expecting vans ordered at that time to arrive at the end of March, early April 22. Maybe production output is now improving...

That’s very good for July order. Very promising for us as well.

For those hungrily awaiting your own deliveries, here are a few early photo's of ours, at the dealers and elsewhere ....

View attachment 88811View attachment 88812View attachment 88813View attachment 88814View attachment 88815View attachment 88816
Loved seeing this - it’s basically the exact same Cali we have on order, even down to the wood floor, shower and alloys. Sure you don’t have ours ;-).

Smashing. Enjoy. Fingers crossed for End May delivery here, July order.

Last edited:
Bouyed by the positive news - I emailed my dealer (eurovans Crawley) and they confirmed we've moved forward from week 18 unconfirmed to week 9 confirmed which is much better than I was hoping for and a welcome start to Feb.

This is for an ocean with a few extras (no towbar or electronic doors. How long is the timeframe for build to driveway? Dealer stated end of April which is fine with me but I'm hoping we may be able to enjoy some of the Easter holidays with the van.

Bouyed by the positive news - I emailed my dealer (eurovans Crawley) and they confirmed we've moved forward from week 18 unconfirmed to week 9 confirmed which is much better than I was hoping for and a welcome start to Feb.

This is for an ocean with a few extras (no towbar or electronic doors. How long is the timeframe for build to driveway? Dealer stated end of April which is fine with me but I'm hoping we may be able to enjoy some of the Easter holidays with the van.
From previous posts on this thread, I think 8 weeks from build to delivery is typical so that fits with end of April.

Hi Phil,

Same here - mid-Oct order. Getting dealer updates every 2-3 weeks. Still at Status 00 (as of yesterday) but were told we are on the list and should be sorted pre-price increase. Fingers crossed and staying as patient as possible.
Encouraging news, cheers

2 of mine were both about 6 weeks from build week to delivery.

Freshlayers in Chichester. Worth it given the investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Dean. Which package did you get done? Was it the film protection Or ceramic?

Just checked with my dealer...

STATUS 20 - WEEK 7 CONFIRMED

Woohoo!

Ascot Grey 150 Coast with heated seats, privacy glass, tow bar prep, rear cam, grey opening canvas, additional sliding window.

Ordered 19 July via Breeze Poole, should hopefully have it for Easter.

Just checked with my dealer...

STATUS 20 - WEEK 7 CONFIRMED

Woohoo!

Ascot Grey 150 Coast with heated seats, privacy glass, tow bar prep, rear cam, grey opening canvas, additional sliding window.

Ordered 19 July via Breeze Poole, should hopefully have it for Easter.
I ordered on the 7th June from Breeze, that’s exciting news.

Iv been told April at the moment but could be sooner. I’m sure il get an update if things improve / change for the better.
Worth asking as the update we had from Jon only a couple if weeks ago was still status 19 and week 16 - you might be pleasantly surprised!

Worth asking as the update we had from Jon only a couple if weeks ago was still status 19 and week 16 - you might be pleasantly surprised!
Yes, il check in with him end of Feb I think, by the sounds of it , things are pushing forward in a big way. Good news all round.

Just checked my Ocean 4Motion status with the dealer - still unconfirmed week 10. Ordered late June 2021.

quick update for you on my van , i promised when i was in this queue that when i got it i would post pictures of it as thats what i craved when i was in this agony you are all in now, one day it. happens!!

Some lovely Goodrich Ko2 to finally finish off my swampy look

you will be living the dream soon too i promise ;)

DSCF2328-Edit.jpg

DSCF2331-Edit.jpg

D5U_9535-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after over 13 months wait Bobbyjean is at the dealers and we picking it up Monday. Popped in to see it and fell in love straight away. Can't wait to take her on some amazing adventures around Ireland.
49497f0729359a58ee0e8369c008e80c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Picked Betty up in last weekend's gales - luckily she avoided the scaffolding collapse at the dealer. She had her first trip across the Military Road yesterday in more wind and rain. Well lived in already - new cosy den for the teenager with accumulated purchases over the year of waiting. And lots of adventures to come.
Time to leave this thread now, good luck to everyone still waiting - sounds like things are speeding up a bit.

210206_Betty_8.jpg210206_Betty_2.jpg

Picked Betty up in last weekend's gales - luckily she avoided the scaffolding collapse at the dealer. She had her first trip across the Military Road yesterday in more wind and rain. Well lived in already - new cosy den for the teenager with accumulated purchases over the year of waiting. And lots of adventures to come.
Time to leave this thread now, good luck to everyone still waiting - sounds like things are speeding up a bit.

View attachment 88981View attachment 88982
Fluffy slippers, absolutely the first thing any camper-vanner needs ! ! (Wish I was a teenager again ).

Back