Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Some good news for this thread - ordered on Sunday, van already in production and arrives May. Sadly for many of you this probably is only relevant for LHD 4 motion production.
No idea how this can be possible (but it's good for you!!)
LHD 4Motion ordered in February 2021, still no news about production start.

No idea how this can be possible (but it's good for you!!)
LHD 4Motion ordered in February 2021, still no news about production start.
LHD 199 4M ordered Nov 2020. Supposed to be delivered mid April 2022. I live in hope.

I’ve been keeping a eye on this forum and just signed up so can comment finally ! Like many of you eagerly awaiting some news. Coast ordered early sept but still no sign of even an unconfirmed build week or any indication of a possible build quarter . Ordered Coast via autoebid with towbar, two tone copper and candy white, rear camera and wheel upgrade. Added order number to myVw and see details of a ID4 .

I’ve been keeping a eye on this forum and just signed up so can comment finally ! Like many of you eagerly awaiting some news. Coast ordered early sept but still no sign of even an unconfirmed build week or any indication of a possible build quarter . Ordered Coast via autoebid with towbar, two tone copper and candy white, rear camera and wheel upgrade. Added order number to myVw and see details of a ID4 .
What’s the myVW?

My reading that was for the old MyVW app, there's now "My Volkswagen" which is subtly different somehow and does seem to work for some people, but as I was told by my dealer, can't be used for Cali order tracking as they are commercial.

My reading that was for the old MyVW app, there's now "My Volkswagen" which is subtly different somehow and does seem to work for some people, but as I was told by my dealer, can't be used for Cali order tracking as they are commercial.

You’re right - the MyVolkswagen app only works on the build progress of new Cali’s in Europe, not the UK. You’ll need your dealer to keep you updated. The app can be used once your van is delivered.

We are in a very similar position, order wise, to yours. Coast with a tow bar in Ascot grey and candy white, reversing camera, and a few extra bits, wooden flooring, darkened glass, 17” wheels etc, ordered 8th Nov 21. Liverpool van centre have suggested a tentative Q3 build, but nothing concrete. That said that does fit with general information in threads that the process has sped up. Your order is three months ahead of ours. So possible Q2 build. Let’s hope they've got plenty of semiconductors for the tow-bars and masking tape and bin bags for the paint job aye ! Phil.

Last edited:
Well after 11months wait ours has been built and waiting to be shipped. Strange feeling as we have loved and cherished our T5.1 taken our family on some wonderful adventures. Will be sad to see it go hope the new one is as good as our current California.
Onto our third California soon.

Have a provisional build week for my Ocean! Ordered 27 April 2021 in Ireland. Provisional build week 16. If I understand correctly, it’s week of the 18 April 2022.
Contacted my dealer for my monthly update. Build week has been brought forward by two weeks. Now scheduled for week 14 (start of April). Here’s hoping.

Some good news finally ! Confirmed build week 10 ! :) anyone know how long from build to delivery ?

Some good news finally ! Confirmed build week 10 ! :) anyone know how long from build to delivery ?
Yep, the delivery time is a little elastic. For us the build took 3 weeks, and the delivery a further 6 weeks - but that was over Christmas. Shipping from Germany is the major delay, and then transport from the UK port to the dealer seems fairly rapid.

Got some updates! Our beautiful van is in the way of o Switzerland we can pick up in 10 days aprox!
What was the order date?

Last time I spoke to the dealer he already warned me that I'd be waiting about a year, also in Switzerland

What was the order date?

Last time I spoke to the dealer he already warned me that I'd be waiting about a year, also in Switzerland
Sorry, just spotted that you ordered Dec 2020... so 14 month wait :headbang

My order got pushed back another month from April to May. Apparently there are over 9000 unfinished T6.1's parked around the factory waiting for parts. The sudden short-term surge of Cali deliveries suggests those vehicles got a batch of parts they were missing.

I know “how longs a piece of string etc” but if I ordered an ocean tomorrow say, how long do you guys reckon before delivery

My order got pushed back another month from April to May. Apparently there are over 9000 unfinished T6.1's parked around the factory waiting for parts. The sudden short-term surge of Cali deliveries suggests those vehicles got a batch of parts they were missing.
Interesting stat, 9000 unfinished. That's a lot of cars, but having worked at a car plant not outside the realms of possibility if you have a big enough car park and process to mark what is missing what. JIT processes tend to kybosh that sort of bulk manufacture, which is more akin to how BL used to make cars in the 70's. Not that there is much JIT going on at the moment. What's the source?

Good news today. Just heard from Eurovans Crawley that my Ocean 6.1 with only a couple of extras has left the factory and is on its way.
I ordered 29th April 2021 with confirmed build week 7. The salesman said it should arrive 2nd week March.
David
Congratulations! If you don't mind, I would like to ask if the extras includes 4 motion, tow bar etc, everyone is guessing that these things made the delivery delay.

Congratulations! If you don't mind, I would like to ask if the extras includes 4 motion, tow bar etc, everyone is guessing that these things made the delivery delay.
Extras were Discovery Media Pro Sat Nav, 80L tank, uprated alternator and AGM battery, bed extension and comfort sleeping mat. Cherry Red no cost option.
David.

Back