Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

so my build week has been removed by the factory, new date to be specified....anyone else had this happen? Could it mean the build week is moving forward or back??
Confirmed status 20 build week or scheduled build week status 10? If it’s the latter it’ll move all over the shop.

Hi @melifornia. Mind if I ask where you've ordered from? We're with Liverpool VC and wondered if you were the same? If so and you've had a recent update, I'm definitely chasing in the morning.
Yes Liverpool. I called them earlier today and asked for an update. good luck for yours …

I don't think I'll be asking VW for updates (ordered March '21).
The van waiting to be built I can handle, it doesn't exist.
However:
The van sitting at a port waiting for a boat must be excruciating! It's built, it exists yet it's still bloody weeks away! I'd rather not know until sometime in 2022 my dealer calls me to come pay for the sodding thing :)

Think I was 333 in March, changed to 229 in April.
Ordered from Liverpool 31st December.
Spoke to them this afternoon and they are awaiting a new list that should be out anytime soon.
So those who are waiting, hold on a few days till VW get their act together and give the dealers a new list.
Thanks @Trudi. Saved me a call. :thumb

Confirmed status 20 build week or scheduled build week status 10? If it’s the latter it’ll move all over the shop.
It was still at status 10...I'm a patient man but this is unnerving. Fingers x its because someone has moved it up the ladder...I doubt it though.

True. When we ordered it we were pretty aware it could take a long time so it’s not like we set our heart on having it by the summer.

It does though raise the thorny question of the T7 and whether that becomes a more sensible option rather than taking delivery of a model that is about to be replaced.
Big part of why we cancelled when we were told our van was a November build, yes we realise it might still be on the same platform as the 6.1 , but I’m sure a T7 will have updated technology, hybrid etc

It was still at status 10...I'm a patient man but this is unnerving. Fingers x its because someone has moved it up the ladder...I doubt it though.

Our build week moved around a lot when it was status 10 - forwards and backwards. When it went to status 20 it was more forwards than backwards in terms of build week

Just had an update from dealer (prompted) (Ocean 204 w Towbar, Ordered Jan 21).

Last comms were exactly a month ago, told June build and August delivery.

Now:

" 0 /0 build and shipping December/January.... more than likely get built this year it will be a 2022 model year"

FML

Just had an update from dealer (prompted) (Ocean 204 w Towbar, Ordered Jan 21).

Last comms were exactly a month ago, told June build and August delivery.

Now:

" 0 /0 build and shipping December/January.... more than likely get built this year it will be a 2022 model year"

FML
What a joke all of this is. That's possibly whats happened to mine then. Except no tow bar...not that seems to matter. You'd think we'd asked for a replica Millenium Falcon to be built. FFS

Hi all just thought I’d chime in with our experience so far.

order placed for a t6.1 beach on the 10th February and have just had a confirmed build date of week 17. Anticipated delivery would be end of may/start of June.
Seems to indicate that beach orders are being processed much more quickly than others.

anyone had a similar timeline? How much faith should we place in the “confirmed” build week?
Hi Squirrel Patrol... Any news on you delivery?? !

Hi,

Our beach has been built week 17 and last I heard was at the port with an anticipated delivery mid June.
Just out of interest did you have a Towbar on yours? Our beach was ordered beginning of March and build is week 22 so next week, however we have a Towbar on ours so don’t know if ours will then just wait till they have a Towbar for it.

Just out of interest did you have a Towbar on yours? Our beach was ordered beginning of March and build is week 22 so next week, however we have a Towbar on ours so don’t know if ours will then just wait till they have a Towbar for it.
No I'm getting ones retrofitted by a local towbar company to OEM spec

Big part of why we cancelled when we were told our van was a November build, yes we realise it might still be on the same platform as the 6.1 , but I’m sure a T7 will have updated technology, hybrid etc
how much do you think a new camper van will cost if its electric.. ? don't think it will be able to have a diesel heater or a gas hob.

#week20club. Got a message today to say that my van is at stage 5 of the factory build; apparently there are 8 stages. No idea what that actually means other than the build is definitely underway and is progressing; which is really but good to know. Starting to be just a little hopeful.

#week20club. Got a message today to say that my van is at stage 5 of the factory build; apparently there are 8 stages. No idea what that actually means other than the build is definitely underway and is progressing; which is really but good to know. Starting to be just a little hopeful.
Oh wow. Fancy getting that level of detail! It will never catch on! :D In all seriousness though that is great news. Be status 30 before you know.

Oh wow. Fancy getting that level of detail! It will never catch on! :D In all seriousness though that is great news. Be status 30 before you know.
Fingers crossed. I’m just hoping that the towbar goes on in stage 1 to 4 and not stage 6 :oops:. Hopefully be a few of us turning status 30 in the next week or so.

Do you know your list (April) number? Purely for my own benefit as the closer it gets to 214 the closer my van goes into build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know your list (April) number? Purely for my own benefit as the closer it gets to 214 the closer my van goes into build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#38 I think. There are a few others with the same build week though, some of whom I think were higher up the list, toward #100 or so. And there are others lower on the list who are still waiting for a build week. Seems very dependant on engine/spec.

Last edited:
#38 I think. There are a few others with the same build week though, some of whom I think were higher up the list, toward #100 or so. And some others lower on the list who are still waiting for a build week. Seems very dependant on engine/spec.
I’m not sure about engines being a reason for delay/priority these days. If anything the 204s seem to be coming through quicker than 150s now.

I’m not sure about engines being a reason for delay/priority these days. If anything the 204s seem to be coming through quicker than 150s now.
Yes, that’s very fair. 204 delays have perhaps now been overtaken. But definitely model and spec. Reports of Beach’s coming through very quickly and Coasts as well. The ‘list’ may provide a broad guide but the devil is in the detail.

how much do you think a new camper van will cost if its electric.. ? don't think it will be able to have a diesel heater or a gas hob.
T7 won't be electric. It will have a selection of conventional and hybrid power trains. The electric van will be the Buzz. More info, speculation and guessing here: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t7-california-hybrid-to-be-presented-in-june-2021.39581/

Back