Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I ordered early December Ocean 150 with tow bar. Cancelled tow bar when told it would delay build. Originally told end of March then told at end of April build week 25. Phoned dealer yesterday told build now week 39. That would mean no real use in 2021. I’ve never seen anything like this confusion. My biggest concern when ordering was should I buy a diesel but I thought I would have 3/4 years ownership and it would probably take that long to develop an electric/ hybrid alternative and charging infrastructure. Now I’ve lost a full year and the decision is starting to play on my mind and I am wavering!

I ordered early December Ocean 150 with tow bar. Cancelled tow bar when told it would delay build. Originally told end of March then told at end of April build week 25. Phoned dealer yesterday told build now week 39. That would mean no real use in 2021. I’ve never seen anything like this confusion. My biggest concern when ordering was should I buy a diesel but I thought I would have 3/4 years ownership and it would probably take that long to develop an electric/ hybrid alternative and charging infrastructure. Now I’ve lost a full year and the decision is starting to play on my mind and I am wavering!
Same, same - bloody mess. I've been taken off any list or any stage....jokers

If there was going to be a camping T7, you can understand VW being coy about it. They’d be looking at hundreds of cancelled Cali orders if people decide to write off 2021 and wait for the T7!

Ordered in Mid February, Coast with 80l fuel tank and camera, privacy glass, shower head. Build week from chat this time last month was W/C 1st November. Now it's W/C 6th September (Week 36).

Nothing from dealer...

Any updates from the swiss orders? Nothing from my side...
Nothing from dealer.
The only small detail I can update you with is that, when I made the order, I got the order number (AMAG one). I registered in oficial webpage, created username and so on, and added my order number.
Till now, the model year was 2021, and now is 2022.
I understand that it stands for the MY2022... otherwise I kill myself!
(I ordered mid December)

I attach screenshot (sorry for the French).
Also in "Puissance" I used to see 150, and now nothing. Maybe some changes coming with MY2022?
I am not even sure we can trust this page..

myvw.png

Yes diesel is a big downside for what I hope to be a vehicle I own for at least a decade.

Same here. I wonder what the legendary California Residuals® will look like in 2032 when diesels are banned from most cities!
hybrid s are banned from 2035 . so they won't be worth any more. and they will cost more to fix when they go wrong. people in t2 s will still be driving around tax free mot free and they can go in city s

Hey

I also ordered at Amag. Where did you register to access this? :) thanks!
Top right corner, click in the profile icon. It should bring you to "Bienvenue chez VW ID" you can register there

Top right corner, click in the profile icon. It should bring you to "Bienvenue chez VW ID" you can register there
Hmm what number did you punch in? I only have my order confirmation from amag.
thanks

May not help those including me that are waiting but this is just bonkers.

View attachment 79221
They can have mine for £89,999.00 and I'll throw in some rubber mats as well & go online and order a replacement for next year.

The current prices are what you would expect if they were never going to make anymore & this is your last chance to buy.

Likely a vat issue; it’s 75k on their site. Still outrageous though.

They can have mine for £89,999.00 and I'll throw in some rubber mats as well & go online and order a replacement for next year.

The current prices are what you would expect if they were never going to make anymore & this is your last chance to buy.
- It’s showing as not even available until March 2022!! (found the ad on Facebook marketplace)

ABF334E7-BCD5-4D6B-9EED-E0BFD2320617.png

Yes diesel is a big downside for what I hope to be a vehicle I own for at least a decade.
Yes, I am of the same opinion. Scared to see the price of diesel in 5 years when the thing is paid for.
Only ordered the Coast 150 in March but against better judgement I popped into the dealer as I was passing yesterday. Hoping against hope for some light. Nothing only "maybe in the last quarter". Ah Well.

Yes, I am of the same opinion. Scared to see the price of diesel in 5 years when the thing is paid for.
Only ordered the Coast 150 in March but against better judgement I popped into the dealer as I was passing yesterday. Hoping against hope for some light. Nothing only "maybe in the last quarter". Ah Well.
live for today . don't worry about tomorrow.

Any updates from the swiss orders? Nothing from my side...
I just heard from my dealer (via AMAG) yesterday. I have a provisional 38.2021 build week "that could still change" (duh). Mine is a 150 Ocean DSG-4M with tow bar ordered in mid December.

Finally picked up our 204 Ocean! The 9 months of waiting and angst is already forgotten! Well worth the wait so hang on in there everyone!
Hope you don't mind me pointing it out, but your postcode is in your header. Some might think that poses a security risk.

I ordered mine in Feb this year and was given a potential build month of June, then in April I was told July at the earliest but could be any month after that, they couldn’t even give a rough guess when it may happen. My initial trade in price for my current T6 was £50K which at the time I was very pleased with but since then 2nd hand prices have sky rocketed and I’ve just sold the van privately for £59K so I’m glad it’s been delayed

Last edited:
We finally collected our Starlight Blue 204 Ocean on Wednesday and went straight on holiday on Friday to the Isle of Wight. We are in a holiday cottage for 7 nights and extending with 1 night camping at the end, it should be a good quick test of what we have forgotten and may show up things we dont need.

Loving the van so far, nippier to drive than I expected and great to go to the beach. For those still waiting it is worth it!

We finally collected our Starlight Blue 204 Ocean on Wednesday and went straight on holiday on Friday to the Isle of Wight. We are in a holiday cottage for 7 nights and extending with 1 night camping at the end, it should be a good quick test of what we have forgotten and may show up things we dont need.

Loving the van so far, nippier to drive than I expected and great to go to the beach. For those still waiting it is worth it!
Enjoy the van, same colour as I ordered to looking forward to seeing pics!

Enjoy the van, same colour as I ordered to looking forward to seeing pics!
The colour is great, very hard to capture the colour, it varies under different light, from a dark blue, to very very deep purple, to almost black.

Back