Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Who‘s daydreaming about their Cali starting its build journey tomorrow then?!

#week20club

I know I am!
Yes, we are too. However, I can’t get clarification it’s actually in build from VW chat. Dealer still says it won’t be built till June!

Last edited:
Yes, we are too. However, I can’t get clarification it’s actually in build from VW chat. Dealer still says it won’t be built till June!
I share your obvious doubt. Confirmed week 20 build but I’ve now been told that it will be built with the towbar; despite me asking for the towbar to be removed in response to the dealers contact from the latest list (advised May build without towbar, June with). I‘m ever hopeful but can’t see what’s changed. Frankly it’s ridiculous, being offered the choice to remove an option to ensure an earlier build only for the option to be retained against explicit instructions and then given a confirmed build week aligned to the option being removed.
You couldn’t make it up.
Dealer says they are still getting vans through with towbar’s on but I have zero confidence in anything I’m told anymore.

True. When we ordered it we were pretty aware it could take a long time so it’s not like we set our heart on having it by the summer.

It does though raise the thorny question of the T7 and whether that becomes a more sensible option rather than taking delivery of a model that is about to be replaced.
If you check out the available information, nowhere I've seen does the T7 replace the T6.1, based on the transporter platform. The T7 will be a smaller vehicle.
Keep the faith, the wait will be worth it.

I share your obvious doubt. Confirmed week 20 build but I’ve now been told that it will be built with the towbar; despite me asking for the towbar to be removed in response to the dealers contact from the latest list (advised May build without towbar, June with). I‘m ever hopeful but can’t see what’s changed. Frankly it’s ridiculous, being offered the choice to remove an option to ensure an earlier build only for the option to be retained against explicit instructions and then given a confirmed build week aligned to the option being removed.
You couldn’t make it up.
Dealer says they are still getting vans through with towbar’s on but I have zero confidence in anything I’m told anymore.
Be interesting how it goes I was given op to remove tow bar as well but told June if I did and 2nd half yr if I didn’t. Chose not too but asked to add an option instead as I figured had nothing too lose date wise. After a few days of asking told I couldn’t as it was confirmed for week 20. To be fair when I pointed out to the dealer the info was already out of date within a week don’t think he was that surprised. It must be difficult for them as well having to communicate bad info. He did manage to find out it would be built to a point then sit and wait on a tow bar but who knows we might get lucky!

I ordered a Beach Camper January 4th. It went into build on 19th April, and found out today from VW CS Chat that it left the line to go to Emden 18th May. The only extra it had is parking sensors. I had an email on the 20th May from VW saying it was being built. No audio message and no bar chart. Weird.
thats great your getting it so quick, can I ask is it two tone paint, We ordered a two tone Beach (29th Dec 2020) and was told that the two tone paint may have pushed our original build week from 23 to 36.!

Ordered a 150 Coast at the end of March in Ireland. Haven't contacted the dealer on status of it since. Trying to keep it out of mind as it will probably be next year by the time we get it going on the previous posts on this thread.
Interesting to hear how you get on as it appears VW's ordered outside of Ireland are getting through quicker.

Definitely! Might even ping our friends on VWC chat tomorrow afternoon to see if they can confirm it's started? Just how many are there of us in #week20club ??
I'm one - if my dealer is to be believed!

Hi all, so as I'm now in a happy place after collecting my Cali at the weekend, and as promised I wanted to share a timeline of my order to give those still awaiting delivery some hope:

26/10/20 ordered van (suggested April/May delivery)
09/02/21 given build month of April by SMG
05/04/21 went into build (suggested 2 week turn around)
01/05/21 finished build and arrived at Emden (poss 2 weeks late due shutdown at VW)
10/05/21 On Ship
11/05/21 arrived at Sheerness
19/05/21 left port for dealer
22/05/21 collected from dealer

Its been a long 7 months but worth it in so many ways, weekends have been missing something not having a camper to get away in, and we've got it just in time for the sites opening, and have 2 booked up for the half term week so can't wait.

Now the fun starts, I asked SMG not to wash it as wanted to prep the paint myself for the first time, Matt at SMG really struggled handing me a dirty new Cali but told him it made me much happier!

Rest of the week booked off to now make it my own and fit all the parts I've been buying since October, the obvious Brandup items plus dashcam, new wheels, coilovers, spoiler, gloss grills, side bars, ABT splitter if it arrives, chrome side repeaters plus I'm sure lots I've forgotten about!

I know many will be haters for the mods but for me personally its about making it my own, one of the main things is the ride is way to soft for my liking, I'm used to fast roads cars so I need to sort that out and should be all sorted by the end of the week.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread as its been a great help to a new Cali owner going through the new order process for the first time.

You never know we may meet on a site one day, if you see a white Cali with big wheels and a short bloke with a huge smile, pop over and say hi!

Hi all, so as I'm now in a happy place after collecting my Cali at the weekend, and as promised I wanted to share a timeline of my order to give those still awaiting delivery some hope:

26/10/20 ordered van (suggested April/May delivery)
09/02/21 given build month of April by SMG
05/04/21 went into build (suggested 2 week turn around)
01/05/21 finished build and arrived at Emden (poss 2 weeks late due shutdown at VW)
10/05/21 On Ship
11/05/21 arrived at Sheerness
19/05/21 left port for dealer
22/05/21 collected from dealer

Its been a long 7 months but worth it in so many ways, weekends have been missing something not having a camper to get away in, and we've got it just in time for the sites opening, and have 2 booked up for the half term week so can't wait.

Now the fun starts, I asked SMG not to wash it as wanted to prep the paint myself for the first time, Matt at SMG really struggled handing me a dirty new Cali but told him it made me much happier!

Rest of the week booked off to now make it my own and fit all the parts I've been buying since October, the obvious Brandup items plus dashcam, new wheels, coilovers, spoiler, gloss grills, side bars, ABT splitter if it arrives, chrome side repeaters plus I'm sure lots I've forgotten about!

I know many will be haters for the mods but for me personally its about making it my own, one of the main things is the ride is way to soft for my liking, I'm used to fast roads cars so I need to sort that out and should be all sorted by the end of the week.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread as its been a great help to a new Cali owner going through the new order process for the first time.

You never know we may meet on a site one day, if you see a white Cali with big wheels and a short bloke with a huge smile, pop over and say hi!
Thanks, I can only assume my 150 delays are due to the towbar and sports pack.
If you could update your avatar to include your van that would be helpful (says n/a).
Like the sound of your mods tbh, though as I've spec'd DCC I'm now sure whether i need to/can further modify the ride. We shall see...
Now, go and enjoy it!

Reactions: Abx
I'm one - if my dealer is to be believed!

Thanks, I can only assume my 150 delays are due to the towbar and sports pack.
If you could update your avatar to include your van that would be helpful (says n/a).
Like the sound of your mods tbh, though as I've spec'd DCC I'm now sure whether i need to/can further modify the ride. We shall see...
Now, go and enjoy it!
haha, the avatar etc was on my job list when I get a decent pic, on it now!

Ordered a coast 31st December. No tow bar.
Just gone to Status 20 according to our dealer. Thinks its about 5 weeks till we can pick up.
Time to get excited.
Excellant - You would appear to have done well there. That's 4 weeks after we placed our order and we have Status 20 - build week 20 (Last week), so hopefully making some good progress this week.

Ordered a coast 31st December. No tow bar.
Just gone to Status 20 according to our dealer. Thinks its about 5 weeks till we can pick up.
Time to get excited.
Brilliant news Trudi! Same with ours, just found out we've gone to a status 20... Week 24 build for us... hopefully we should have our vans in time for the Tatton show after all

Brilliant news Trudi! Same with ours, just found out we've gone to a status 20... Week 24 build for us... hopefully we should have our vans in time for the Tatton show after all
Hi @melifornia. Mind if I ask where you've ordered from? We're with Liverpool VC and wondered if you were the same? If so and you've had a recent update, I'm definitely chasing in the morning.

Guys who are getting build dates do you know your number on “The list” I’m 214 (based on last months list) so hopefully getting a build date soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys who are getting build dates do you know your number on “The list” I’m 214 (based on last months list) so hopefully getting a build date soon

I am told that we were 128 - Status 20 - Build week 20 (Last week).

I am told that we were 128 - Status 20 - Build week 20 (Last week).

Ah nice, so in the next few weeks then basing on the 70ish vans a week in production , I ordered from Liverpool also

We ordered an Ocean 204 on 12 December and just been given a firm build date of 14 June. Apparently this will not change...(according to chat) They said to expect it at the dealership 5 weeks later. (Late July) So hope this remains on track.

129 here. Nothing since last month's list update, when we were still status 10 with an estimate of a June build.

Think I was 333 in March, changed to 229 in April.
Ordered from Liverpool 31st December.
Spoke to them this afternoon and they are awaiting a new list that should be out anytime soon.
So those who are waiting, hold on a few days till VW get their act together and give the dealers a new list.

I'm getting a tad excited now

so my build week has been removed by the factory, new date to be specified....anyone else had this happen? Could it mean the build week is moving forward or back??

so my build week has been removed by the factory, new date to be specified....anyone else had this happen? Could it mean the build week is moving forward or back??
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back