Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi
I ordered a Beach Camper at the beginning of April. Now received an audio clip in a email from VW Commercial Vehicles informing me my vehicle has gone into production. (No TPMS or towbar ordered). Anyone give me a guesstimate on how long production takes? Crystal balls are permitted to be used.
Thanks

Hi
I ordered a Beach Camper at the beginning of April. Now received an audio clip in a email from VW Commercial Vehicles informing me my vehicle has gone into production. (No TPMS or towbar ordered). Anyone give me a guesstimate on how long production takes? Crystal balls are permitted to be used.
Thanks
Two weeks for an ocean, a little less for a beach so great news.

Thanks Abx. I assume from the replies, approx 1 to 2 weeks build and another 6 weeks to get to the dealer.

Hi
Thanks
AN audio clip from VW Commercials??

Given most of us have heard nothing since ordering (and many hear nothing until the day the van lands on their driveway) this is pretty unusual!? Was this from the dealer or elsewhere?

AN audio clip from VW Commercials??

Given most of us have heard nothing since ordering (and many hear nothing until the day the van lands on their driveway) this is pretty unusual!? Was this from the dealer or elsewhere?
Hi Broodie

I received 2 audio clips, First confirmation of my order and the second telling me the vehicle is in production. Both came from VW Commercials. The voice sounds very nice with a slight Geordie accent.
I have attempted to copy the file I hope it works

http://links.marketing.volkswagenva...riant=CV_SAL_RAN_WEL_201125_ORD02_EMT02_ORD02

Hi Broodie

I received 2 audio clips, First confirmation of my order and the second telling me the vehicle is in production. Both came from VW Commercials. The voice sounds very nice with a slight Geordie accent.
I have attempted to copy the file I hope it works

http://links.marketing.volkswagenvansuk.co.uk/ctt?m=13419848&r=NjEwNzYzNzE2NjMyS0&b=0&j=MTc1MjIyMTQ1OQS2&k=001169483_LinkName=BDY_IMG_CV_HeaderLogo&kx=1&kt=1&kd=http://d7536d142b29e68f3809-88b12dd1a5d2767cd8603291916d30ae.r62.cf3.rackcdn.com/VWCV/2020/Q2/06_Welcome_B2C/EM2/V/CALI_D.mp4?dbgid=4682937&dbg_campaign=C000006917&variant=CV_SAL_RAN_WEL_201125_ORD02_EMT02_ORD02
That is sooooo weird. Creepy almost. We have never had anything like that and we've been in production for 2 weeks now

Hi Jackster
I know, very strange that this has not been previously reported. As well as the audio clip I have a flat bar chart with order received at one end and ready to Pick Up at the other with a little camper symbol on it. Now a quarter of the way along the bar. If any interest for info, I could post the next audio clip.

Broodie said 2 weeks to build most models, what have you ordered?

Hi Jackster
I know, very strange that this has not been previously reported. As well as the audio clip I have a flat bar chart with order received at one end and ready to Pick Up at the other with a little camper symbol on it. Now a quarter of the way along the bar. If any interest for info, I could post the next audio clip.

I ordered a Beach Camper January 4th. It went into build on 19th April, and found out today from VW CS Chat that it left the line to go to Emden 18th May. The only extra it had is parking sensors. I had an email on the 20th May from VW saying it was being built. No audio message and no bar chart. Weird.

Hi
Thanks
Wow! So quick...! Nice one

Hi Jackster

I ordered a Beach camper, ordered mid February, with tow bar. Apparently it started build WC 3rd May, but not finished build yet. VW chat don't know any more than that!

I ordered a Beach Camper January 4th. It went into build on 19th April, and found out today from VW CS Chat that it left the line to go to Emden 18th May. The only extra it had is parking sensors. I had an email on the 20th May from VW saying it was being built. No audio message and no bar chart. Weird.
Do you mean you got an email on 20th April saying it was starting build? Or that they sent you an email on the 20th May saying it was finished build?

Do you mean you got an email on 20th April saying it was starting build? Or that they sent you an email on the 20th May saying it was finished build?

yes, it went in to build on the 19th April, but for some reason they sent me an email on the 20th **May** saying they were building it, when in fact it was already finished and on its way to the port. Terrible comms.

Until recently you couldn't specify a "required date" on an order further ahead than 6-months. That restriction has now been lifted, so presumably VW are admitting that no California ordered at present can be the delivered without at least a 6-month delivery delay.

Ordered a 150 Coast at the end of March in Ireland. Haven't contacted the dealer on status of it since. Trying to keep it out of mind as it will probably be next year by the time we get it going on the previous posts on this thread.

Ordered a 150 Coast at the end of March in Ireland. Haven't contacted the dealer on status of it since. Trying to keep it out of mind as it will probably be next year by the time we get it going on the previous posts on this thread.
Hello and welcome!
Coasts coming through quicker than Oceans...think I saw one ordered in Feb has an allocated build week. You might be lucky

Hello and welcome!
Coasts coming through quicker than Oceans...think I saw one ordered in Feb has an allocated build week. You might be lucky
My coast was ordered in February and has just had its anticipated build week punted down the road from week 28 to week 38. Maybe the towbar is causing the issue...

Well at least you will get the new Reg plate and probably MY22 changes, everything has a positive side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. When we ordered it we were pretty aware it could take a long time so it’s not like we set our heart on having it by the summer.

It does though raise the thorny question of the T7 and whether that becomes a more sensible option rather than taking delivery of a model that is about to be replaced.

True. When we ordered it we were pretty aware it could take a long time so it’s not like we set our heart on having it by the summer.

It does though raise the thorny question of the T7 and whether that becomes a more sensible option rather than taking delivery of a model that is about to be replaced.

Everything I’ve read says the California will stay on the current base commercial vehicle and only the Caravelle will move onto the new body type, many threads on this so go have a read and make up your own mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We order a beach at the beginning of March and it’s confirmed build next week so might be worth following up as beaches and coasts seem to be going through quicker than oceans for some reason

Back