Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping is becoming expensive !

We are also finding campsites very discriminatory because you have a camper van and not a tent & Car combo or a big white camper.

In particular we have to argue the case for having a family tent and campervan no different to an estate car and a family tent but we get charged for the tent as an awning. This is really getting out of hand as many others will have a car, family tent and event tent which they get charged as an awning. Yet we pay the same and have one less item taking up considerably less space.

One campsite said that because it was not attachable to the van they would charge us double once for a tent and once for a campervan.

I think sites need to change their pricing policy to be more reasonable and logical. I understand charging for space and number of people but California’s get charged more.

are

I guess that was in the UK and is just about what we expect, rip-off Britain yet again.

However campsites are often full in summer so the owners can charge what they like and get away with it.

We are also finding campsites very discriminatory because you have a camper van and not a tent & Car combo or a big white camper.

In particular we have to argue the case for having a family tent and campervan no different to an estate car and a family tent but we get charged for the tent as an awning. This is really getting out of hand as many others will have a car, family tent and event tent which they get charged as an awning. Yet we pay the same and have one less item taking up considerably less space.

One campsite said that because it was not attachable to the van they would charge us double once for a tent and once for a campervan.

I think sites need to change their pricing policy to be more reasonable and logical. I understand charging for space and number of people but California’s get charged more.

are

If you can’t change what you perceive to be unfair while your booking in your options are to walk away or follow up with a letter to the owners. Action is the only thing that will change it. Person booking you in is in all likelihood an employee and following instructions. If it’s the owner you have more chance of changing it at the time.
Not worth ruining your holiday for but there are times to pick a fight.

Mike

Completely agree. Beauty of camping/ campsites is the freedom and holidayay on a budget with the family. If they charge over £30 a night, we should expect cleaners in the morning cleaning our vans and making the beds!!!!

Completely agree. Beauty of camping/ campsites is the freedom and holidayay on a budget with the family. If they charge over £30 a night, we should expect cleaners in the morning cleaning our vans and making the beds!!!!
The site we stay at in Il de Re is 69 euros per night.

It is not uncommon now, with both of the two main clubs, for two people, one unit, to be over £30 for weekend days.

We always said if we ran a campsite we would do C&B, camp and breakfast :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strangely enough my wife and I were discussing this on recent tour of northern Spain and France. It was often cheaper to have ‘desayuno’ or ‘petit de jeuner’ than order and buy your bread, croissants, jam, coffee, etc. In some sites in Spain it was less than €2.50 each!

Mark, With a family, especially school hols you will be over that £30 every night I'm afraid.

Mark, With a family, especially school hols you will be over that £30 every night I'm afraid.
I know, been pricing it all up. Campsites want their pound of flesh from working families as well then in Summer hols!

We've come to Wooda Farm at Bude this weekend - we're paying about £32.50 per night.
It's full of kids and dogs but you have to expect and accept that bearing in mind it's August bank holiday.
It just annoys me that the dog walkers seem to find it perfectly acceptable to let their dogs crap on the bit of grass between our pitch and the MIL's next door and scrape up the majority of it but leave the rest behind!
No point getting wound up about it though as people aren't going to change because I've had a rant at them as ive found out in the past

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We've come to Wooda Farm at Bude this weekend - we're paying about £32.50 per night.
It's full of kids and dogs but you have to expect and accept that bearing in mind it's August bank holiday.
It just annoys me that the dog walkers seem to find it perfectly acceptable to let their dogs crap on the bit of grass between our pitch and the MIL's next door and scrape up the majority of it but leave the rest behind!
No point getting wound up about it though as people aren't going to change because I've had a rant at them as ive found out in the past

True,

If your paying £33 a night, you have every right not to have dog poo by your tent and you should let the campsite owner know because the end of the day, its your holiday and their making a lot of money and if they dont want to offend the dog owner, the manger should clean it up themselves!!!!! Make them earn your £33! Dog poo at the end of the dog, can be dangerous especially if theirs kids running about! I will rant for you :thumb:mad:

..sorry, made myself giggle with my own rant...."Dog poo at the end of the dog", meant day :veryfunny

..sorry, made myself giggle with my own rant...."Dog poo at the end of the dog", meant day :veryfunny
Lol. I probably should complain to the site owners as there are loads of kids here, and they have a tendency to play on the grass next to their pitches.
On another day I would have said something to the dog owners, but I'm so knackered at the moment I just want to kick back and relax and just leave everyone to do what they want without getting wound up about it.
I had a major row with someone on the pitch next to me on this very site a couple of years ago which I posted about at the time, nearly ended up in a punch up!

I know, been pricing it all up. Campsites want their pound of flesh from working families as well then in Summer hols!
Yep, the old supply and demand thingy but It's still a lot cheaper than your package holiday to Spain etc. and more fun. :thumb

Sandy Balls this summer was £79 per night !! Only reason we stayed there is we were meeting up with family who were staying in a lodge, the prices are getting ridiculous at some sites, the only time I am happy to pay a premium is for a spectacular sea view

Sandy Balls this summer was £79 per night !! Only reason we stayed there is we were meeting up with family who were staying in a lodge, the prices are getting ridiculous at some sites, the only time I am happy to pay a premium is for a spectacular sea view
Sandy Balls does have pretty good facilities for families though and out of the summer season its pretty cheap and quiet.

I have a new limit for camp site fees.
£35 max, any more and we wild camp or find another site.

I stayed at a site last week which was super quiet, only 5 pitches. Electric Hook-up, Toilet, but unfortunately no shower £15 a night.
Only 3 pitches in use. Lovely to get away from the crowds, we have started to shun the big commercial sites.

Some real douche bags camping these days and it’s the bigger sites that seem to attract them

Thats just crazy money. Hopefully you get all you can eat breakfast with that price.

I have a new limit for camp site fees.
£35 max, any more and we wild camp or find another site.

I stayed at a site last week which was super quiet, only 5 pitches. Electric Hook-up, Toilet, but unfortunately no shower £15 a night.
Only 3 pitches in use. Lovely to get away from the crowds, we have started to shun the big commercial sites.

Some real douche bags camping these days and it’s the bigger sites that seem to attract them

Douche bags are very popular these days we see them on a lot of the sites we stay on.
Certainly like quieter sites but couldn't manage without a shower!

We had a pitch at La Rive in Biscarosse on Friday night and for the 5 of us, it was €97!

Saw a Marco Polo on a hotel front car park in Oban sat/sun so maybe site fees becoming excessive ;):rolleyes:

We had a pitch at La Rive in Biscarosse on Friday night and for the 5 of us, it was €97!
Was it a good site? We have considered staying there but never got round to it.

That madness, madness...
Was it worth the 97 big ones...?

To compare, two years ago I stayed at this B&B in Biscarosse. It was about €150 for 3 of us, on suite room, swimming pool and fresh breakfast. Couldn’t fault it.

http://www.cotedune.fr/