Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping is becoming expensive !

What's with people this week? We are supposed to be in the Christmas spirit yet this thread and the C&CC one seem full of folks slagging off each others life choices.
The Daily Mail comments section may be a better place to slag off folks who make different choices to your own. Can we stick to earth shunt problems and worries about whether rear heated windows will make your double glazed tailgate explode?
It's all about the vehicle!:thumb

What's with people this week? We are supposed to be in the Christmas spirit yet this thread and the C&CC one seem full of folks slagging off each others life choices.
The Daily Mail comments section may be a better place to slag off folks who make different choices to your own. Can we stick to earth shunt problems and worries about whether rear heated windows will make your double glazed tailgate explode?
Not much happening on the forum at the moment, seems very quiet bar a good old moan.:(

We all need to get out in the van's more. How about some 2 ring Christmas meal ideas

I have a mate with a largish motorhome and he tends to book a lot of dates in advance with the CCC at the start of the year. He then decides closer if he wants to use the booking and if not he cancels.
I told him I thought it a bit selfish to book such a large number of places knowing full well he wouldn't use them all but his thinking is that there are always people looking for sites at the last minute so he isn't actually depriving anyone or the site from use.

We use both C and CC and CC

sometimes they fit the bill, sometimes they don't, if you don't like them then your in a van, the worlds your oyster, no point moaning about how awful they are when you have all the means in the world to go elsewhere.

Please don't go there.:shocked

Well when you get rid of the more colourful forum members this is what can happen.
No point moaning about it now.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

How many forum members are there? Get off the sidelines folks and start contributing, this forum must have about 30 members that regularly contribute and hundreds who only post when they find a bit of rubber by the rear parcel shelf and wonder where on earth it came from. Join in guys.

How many forum members are there? Get off the sidelines folks and start contributing, this forum must have about 30 members that regularly contribute and hundreds who only post when they find a bit of rubber by the rear parcel shelf and wonder where on earth it came from. Join in guys.
Lol!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I found a rubber .....near the rear parcel shelf. Can someone point out where it came from?
Or is it my spare wheel ( rubber:kiss)witch i put in the boothspace to preventing it getting stolen.

Notice some frustration here and there ,
keep it nice and clean guys...:)

British campsite prices:eek:, a very good reason to cross the channel and take advantage of French Aires and municipal campsites. Aires (Free to about €10 per night :thumb) or municipal campsites (€5 to €25 per night :thumb). Never needing to book always giving the opportunity to decide if you like the look of the place before parking up. Total flexibility, stay for one night or more, decide next morning when you see what the weather, local sights etc. are like, pay another night or move on.

Don't worry if you don't fancy France, Germany offers very similar facilities maybe just a bit more expensive. So do many other European mainland countries.

If you own a camper ( Camping Car in France, Wohnmobil in Germany ) just get away and be FREE in every sense of the word :happy.

Rod
Totally agree. I tend to go abroad, making the most of the better food prices, fuel prices and better campsite prices.
I don't pre-book sites for many reasons, not least because you don't get an appreciation of the site facilities (photos look nice, reality is quite often different). I get good prices on smaller sites as they always have a small percentage of pitches set aside for passers by. As these are not generally full (on the continent). We pay on average between €15 to €22 per night including electric hook up. We are talking here specifically about France and Spain. Germany and Italy tend to be a little higher.
When we say that we will stay one night more often than not they will do a better deal for you to stay a little longer.
Example: We turned up to site in Soria, Spain last year - swimming pool, tennis courts, cycle trails, new shower block, barbecue area, defined pitches under trees, cafeteria/restaurant and surrounded by mountains, only some 40 campers on-site, idyllic 5 nights for €18 per night inc. electric hook-up.

Supply and demand I'm afraid. There are more and more people 'camping' now than ever before. In the UK especially if you want to be assured of a space at a popular site on peak holiday dates you generally have to book well in advance. People often these days expect good facilities which drives the need for investment and means prices go up. Even in France where we are heading next summer we will be paying just over ÂŁ50 a night for family of four plus dog. This is at a 5 star site though.

I have some sympathy with people with young children, who want a relatively static holiday somewhere, lots of stuff to keep the kids amused by day and somewhere to chill for themselves at night.

When my children were small the last thing I wanted to do was to head off somewhere with uncertainty as to where I was going. I wanted that part sorted, knowing where to go, knowing I have a space, knowing what I am going to find when I get there. Sadly like most it had to be in those six weeks of the summer where demand exceeding supply meant that we paid through the nose.

Otherwise, now, I can pay what I like, nothing or a lot, the joy of a cali, cut the cloth to suit each time that I go away. It's why I bought one.

I am really new to the camping world, so please excuse me for my comments.
The last years we have rented houses in Liguria etc and I must say I find camping cost in france here www.eurocamp.co.uk close to the cost of renting a full house. Usually our rented house is better located than the camps as well.
I am quite torned between it all now, Whild camping with a cali yes, but a longer vacation in italy/france etc seems both expensive and the camps poorly located, ie not front row to the ocean but rather put away in the back of the towns.

I am really new to the camping world, so please excuse me for my comments.
The last years we have rented houses in Liguria etc and I must say I find camping cost in france here www.eurocamp.co.uk close to the cost of renting a full house. Usually our rented house is better located than the camps as well.
I am quite torned between it all now, Whild camping with a cali yes, but a longer vacation in italy/france etc seems both expensive and the camps poorly located, ie not front row to the ocean but rather put away in the back of the towns.
Is that Eurocamp or Eurocamp Independent. Two different beasts. We have done Eurocamp with the family with beachside camps and with out the bother of living in someones property. It really depends what you want from a holiday. There are sites for everyone. On the Isle de Re, in France, the site used by Eurocamp is virtually on the Beach, closer than any of the holiday lets/houses. Similarly in Brittany and on the Mediterranean coast.