Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Most expensive campsite?

blakeley

blakeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We are booking next years holiday this weekend to France and Spain and I am coming across some very expensive campsites, the most expensive one being Playa Montroig http://www.playamontroig.com/en/tarifas which for the family comes out at 163 Euro per night for their best pitch.

Beat that !!!

having a laugh

I once paid £36 a night for a pitch at Golden Cap (Seatown) and we felt they'd seen us coming lol. It was sea view though so a special view (well other than the carpark in between us and the sea). We did a few nights wild camping to make up for it after.

Not a problem these days though, they've replaced those hard standings with permanent caravans and moved the camping field way back up the top hidden away in the trees. We wouldn't even entertain using the site as it is now, rather spoilt it for campers imho. Nice if you want to book the caravans though.

Camping seems to fast be becoming expensive in some areas, especially so with those who charge per person. I'd be considering and giving preference to a b&b at that price to be honest!

We went down to Spain this year, finding some amazing €5 little French sites, and some amazing free France Passion sites, then hit the Spanish coast .....we were paying £50 a night ...for sites that had loads of facilities that we didn't want!
It was a beautiful coastline, but we didnt stay long.
I should have researched better , as there are nicer cheaper sites, and we have the van for transport, and can get under 2 m height restrictions on coastal car parks.
We will prepare guetter next year

My broad experience from 4 months last summer in a Bongo was the cheaper the site the better, the more expensive the worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back