Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bikers

My wife and I are 65 years old and spend our holidays for the last 45 years with a motorcycle.
Since a few years we take our bike (BMW F 700 GS) on a platform on the back of our VW T6 H3L2 campervan (150 ps TSI petrol).

BMW F 700 GS.JPG

T6 + bike.jpg

Thanks. After much restoration and time put into it I sold it. Mistake in hindsight. Ah well.
My BMW, pictured above was sold, much too cheaply - another mistake.

My wife and I are 65 years old and spend our holidays for the last 45 years with a motorcycle.
Since a few years we take our bike (BMW F 700 GS) on a platform on the back of our VW T6 H3L2 campervan (150 ps TSI petrol).

View attachment 53928

View attachment 53925

Im thinking of getting that Cate. How does it affect the stability of the T6 ?

Im thinking of getting that Cate. How does it affect the stability of the T6 ?

I ordered the VW T6 from factory with the option: "re-inforced rear suspension" because the weight of the BMW F 700 GS is +/- 220 kg. With the original suspension +/- 100 kg is the maximum load I think. Otherwise the van is with the tail down and the nose in the air.
The steering feels a bit lighter/more nervous on high speed but you get used to it.
In the end we always drive our van with a smile because we have our bike with us :).

My 3 babies :) Harley Night Train, Buell XB12S Lightning and my very rare 'Suzukimatic' 1983 GS450 that I've owned for a mere 27 years!

Nighttrain.jpg

Buell.jpg

flo1.jpg

Great. What size frame have you used ?
We have the 80 cm frame
Great. What size frame have you used ?
We have the 800 mm carrier frame.

Besides the carrier you need also the adapterplates. VW T5 and T6 are the same: