Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New members bikers with doodles

Welcome Suzy and Dave!
many bikers here. I just sold my beloved Ducati scrambler for a 25 years old kawa 500KLE. The new Ducati’s really don’t break down enough for my taste ;). The real reason being to have a cheap bike to learn off-road riding.
We can’t tour right now in France but we loved our first summer in the Cali this year. I’m sure you’ll love it too.

Agree, not sure if underrated is the word to use ... but it sure is not everyone's cup of tea. With the increase in size of the bike, it does become too large a bike to manage for many. Very very capable for sure. Now, knowing the bike very well, I would not be with any other bike.

Well, here's a pic of mine :D... somewhere in Nepal. Was fortunate enough to complete a trip from UK to Mumbai, India as the first part of my RTW. Part 2 from India to NZ in planning. :)

View attachment 69394
What a trip, I can only really dream about doing that. My GSA is only used on the road really :rolleyes:. I did the BMW off road skills in Wales, great fun but I've never fallen off a bike so much! Agree that the GS is a great bike which it is why it's so popular, manoeuverable, putting sportsbike riders in their place and touring, it really does everything!. Hoping to do a track day on it next summer when we aren't gallivanting around in the new Cali. I'm doing an IAM course at the moment and it's very good, some of it re-affirms what you know and enough helps you to start thinking differently.

Cheers. Definitely want to go skiing with the Cali next year. Thinking Samoens or Chamonix
We have a place in Samoens, been going there for 20 odd years now. If anyone wants some advice I know the area pretty well. Don't tell your friends though Samoens is getting busy!!!

Back