Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New members bikers with doodles

Shacko

Shacko

Shacko
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all we’re Suzy and Dave. So pleased to be part of this amazing Cali tribe! We are both bikers, cyclists, skiers, walkers, dog lovers and now Cali tourers; let’s see if we can combine all of them at once.. Our dogs are Meg and Nixie, miniature labradoodle and golden doodle. Thanks to all for your helpful posts.

Welcome Suzy and Dave. Nothing better than a Cali to combine all your activities together.

Well, one thing - we lot on here love pictures. Usually it a request for pictures of the Cali, but this time around it will be a request for the Cali and the bike :)

Nothing better than a Cali as a base station for cycling, skiing and walking. No better feeling than coming back to a warm space for a hot cuppa.

Enjoy! :thumb- from a fellow biker, cyclist and walker (sorry, tried skiing only once in my lifetime and that too in the Wasatch mountains in Utah and gave up!) :D

Hi all we’re Suzy and Dave. So pleased to be part of this amazing Cali tribe! We are both bikers, cyclists, skiers, walkers, dog lovers and now Cali tourers; let’s see if we can combine all of them at once.. Our dogs are Meg and Nixie, miniature labradoodle and golden doodle. Thanks to all for your helpful posts.
:welcome Pics of Meg and Nixie please :)

:welcome Welcome to the forum and Cali life.

Welcome Suzy and Dave. Nothing better than a Cali to combine all your activities together.

Well, one thing - we lot on here love pictures. Usually it a request for pictures of the Cali, but this time around it will be a request for the Cali and the bike :)

Nothing better than a Cali as a base station for cycling, skiing and walking. No better feeling than coming back to a warm space for a hot cuppa.

Enjoy! :thumb- from a fellow biker, cyclist and walker (sorry, tried skiing only once in my lifetime and that too in the Wasatch mountains in Utah and gave up!) :D
Thats a great welcome, Hi there. Don’t have pics of the bikes with the Cali or of both our bikes together but sure we can rectify that. I do have a pic of our bikes before Suzy swapped her Triumph for a Ducati Scrambler..
28C93B5D-0D6C-4207-8863-64083655113A.jpeg

Thats a great welcome, Hi there. Don’t have pics of the bikes with the Cali or of both our bikes together but sure we can rectify that. I do have a pic of our bikes before Suzy swapped her Triumph for a Ducati Scrambler..
View attachment 69147
Love to see bike pictures. I had a Ducati Scramble for a while, cool bike! We are waiting for our Cali, in the meantime the bike is our fun / touring toy. We also ski, in fact all skiers should ride motorbikes and vice versa, similar thrill to me!

Love to see bike pictures. I had a Ducati Scramble for a while, cool bike! We are waiting for our Cali, in the meantime the bike is our fun / touring toy. We also ski, in fact all skiers should ride motorbikes and vice versa, similar thrill to me!
Yes, the Scramblers are a load of fun; I have one too! Looks like you have a very nice GSA there, definitely gets the job done, I commuted on an 1150 for years but the R1200 bike is just perfect. Enjoy your Cali when it comes!

It's a great bike. Fancy swapping it for a Multistrada but the missus won't let me! Fair enough given the cost of the new Cali which we are both very excited about

Hi Suzy & Dave...a warm welcome from the Missus and I.

Also bikers (RT) and owned by a dog but not skiers. Look forward to your posts.

Good Dog!
Welcome Suzy and Dave! Give us a shout if you bike or Cali over to North Yorkshire way once the current plague subsides. Hope you get away skiing this year too.

Welcome. Same hobbies here but no longer a dog owner. Enjoy your new Cali and do give Cali ski camping a go. It’s great fun.

Trev - will be picking your brains about Cali skiing hopefully next easter... Did it 25 years ago in a motorhome - loved driving early to the ski station and having a bacon buttie before being first in line for the lift.

Welcome. Same hobbies here but no longer a dog owner. Enjoy your new Cali and do give Cali ski camping a go. It’s great fun.
Cheers. Definitely want to go skiing with the Cali next year. Thinking Samoens or Chamonix

GSA. Very underated bike. I was only doing a few hundred miles a year so sadly it had to go.

1.JPG

Trev - will be picking your brains about Cali skiing hopefully next easter... Did it 25 years ago in a motorhome - loved driving early to the ski station and having a bacon buttie before being first in line for the lift.
Hi yes very happy to share our experiences. Not saying “you must do this” more “this is our experience”. Message me and we can chat.

Underrated for "scratching". Surprised how capable it was, probably the best handling bike I've owned. Use to run my ESA in 2up Sports.

Agree, not sure if underrated is the word to use ... but it sure is not everyone's cup of tea. With the increase in size of the bike, it does become too large a bike to manage for many. Very very capable for sure. Now, knowing the bike very well, I would not be with any other bike.

Well, here's a pic of mine :D... somewhere in Nepal. Was fortunate enough to complete a trip from UK to Mumbai, India as the first part of my RTW. Part 2 from India to NZ in planning. :)

IMG_20190812_141006 (2).jpg

Back