• Thread starter WooburnCalifornia
  • Start date
My bike journey:
SV650S
SV1000S
Sprint ST1050
Explorer 1200
Multistrada 1200s

Sold the Ducati around 3 years ago after 20 years of biking (including a few years as a volunteer Bloodbike rider) and have been bikeless ever since. If I ever get another bike, I quite fancy a Triumph Rocket III.

I’d have the 380 all day long :cheers

Triumph 900 trident 1993 & T160 trident 1977 owned from new.

An old thread but a goodie. I think I have a relevant reflection on motorbikes and Cali’s.
I ordered a Beach in February and have been designing my rear pullout kitchen since then. Finalised my design, bought the cooker and sink, water tank and 43B2998E-B0E1-4108-A8B4-C26E3EE913E5.jpegpump, timber required and drawer slides. Waiting for it to arrive to check my measurements. It arrived in Fremantle, Western Australia three weeks ago after a two month ride in a ship from Germany, via the UK, USA, Jamaica, Panama Canal, New Zealand, Port Kembla (near Sydney) and Melbourne.
Last weekend I went for a three day ride in the beautiful south west of WA with some mates on my BMWR1200RT. Day 2, hit some gravel in a corner, high sided and the bike and I ended up in a ditch on the other side of the road. Lucky no cars were coming at the time.
Outcome was 4 broken metatarsals and a shattered heel in my right foot. Car delivered yesterday and my wife drove us home. So I have a two month recovery, if I am lucky. So there it sits, in our garage. I am dying to drive it, test everything, measure it, built the rear kitchen and ‘Experience’ it.
I will be very lucky if I don’t go mad in the coming weeks.
Life can be cruel and I will have time to reflect on my choices.

Here's me in the Alps last September on my KTM 1290 Super Adventure S.

IMG-20220919-WA0002.jpg

Californias are only good for doing the tyre pressures on the bike !

55227CB5-824A-4B00-84DC-632FD31EAEB0.jpeg

Way way back to 1968 when a new bike was out of the question the only other option was a special. This is my Tricati. 500 unit Triumph engine with hi comp pistons hi lift cam and a John Hartle Daytona head. Weighed about as much as a loaf of bread and was horrendously noisy with the open megaphones. Instamatic cameras were all the rage then so it was click and hope for the best. From my first bike a BSA c11 to a Suzuki Hayabusa which I ride now and everything in between. 59 years of biking and never regretted a minute.5F5526A1-EEDD-479B-9779-B77E825E190E.jpeg

Way way back to 1968 when a new bike was out of the question the only other option was a special. This is my Tricati. 500 unit Triumph engine with hi comp pistons hi lift cam and a John Hartle Daytona head. Weighed about as much as a loaf of bread and was horrendously noisy with the open megaphones. Instamatic cameras were all the rage then so it was click and hope for the best. From my first bike a BSA c11 to a Suzuki Hayabusa which I ride now and everything in between. 59 years of biking and never regretted a minute.View attachment 109762

John Hartle eh. He has a Blue Plaque in Chapel en le Frith and a pub called the New Inn has a lot of memorabilia of him. Great man.
You have had bikes even longer than me and you are still riding a Hayabusa ! Respect.
Keep that thing between the hedges !

IMG_1098.jpeg
This is my little plaything not used much as was a third bike, others now sold.
This was always going to be a keeper.
Recently got hold of a 300cc Honda Forza, great fun and perfect for London and the 20mph
Last scooter I had ever had was a 150 Lambretta many moons ago.

My local VW converter is selling his BMW cafe racer, gorgeous. Love the T5 pickup too.cafe racer 2.jpegcafe racer 1.jpeg

Back