Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice - before we spend our life savings!

:lol: Cheers Stu, but when it comes to baked beans it has to be Heinz, nothing else will do. I will have to cut back somewhere else ????? Do you think if i get a Cali with the heating i could brew my own ale in the back ?

Steve

With price of diesel going up I think it would be 'Special Brew' :rofl

Maybe -

031285.jpg

We have two girls - 8 and 12 - and have spent around 55 nights away in the 18 mths since we got the van. As has been said earlier, take only what you need. Space is tight, but for us it works well. We easily get 4 mountain bikes on the back, or when there is an event, tow a trailer with trail bikes for my eldest daughter an I to play in the mud.

The longest we have been away is 16 days - a night in a country pub was a welcome mid holiday break from sleeping in the van!

Overall, its worked great for us as a family.

We've got an 18 month old girl and a nearly four year old boy plus a black lab. Think we've done 22 nights now in 7 months - absolutely LOVE it!

We use a small pop up tent to stash baby seats, the dog and other bits and bobs in; very handy but it can be done without it (we've managed a few times).

We just spent the money and got a second-hand Cali from Bilbo's - having a lot of fun with it, and if it ever stopped being fun, we can always sell it again. It's a lovely thing, beautifully designed with plenty of storage space (by our standards - we live in a small flat & used to go camping, so it seems quite luxurious).

I'm a bit worried about the suggestion that the roof bed only takes 120kg - we both sleep up there (combined weight about 130kg) - I'll let you know if it collapses on us.

We started looking at the California's about 3 years ago and hired one for a few days,it was great to drive and sleep in,but held back till I got my head round the price,now 3years later I have gone for a lwb convention by three bridge in Buckinghamshire you will get a lot more for your money and get a lot more room, and you can hire b4 u buy.
Don't get me wrong the California is a great camper van but b4 you spend that sort of money have a good look around.
Ps check out vw4fun we hired one for a week, and that's the reason we went for a convention.
Good luck

Three Bridges do very nice work. Any pics?