Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any bikers on here?

• Thread starter WooburnCalifornia
  • Start date
We might have to start our own thread and leave the leather clad bikers to it
You won't find too many of us bikers wearing leather now - it's soooo last century! ;) Seriously though, I hope no one intended to insult bicycle riders on here - I have great respect for anyone on 2 wheels, engine or not. (I'm far too lazy to ride a bike without an engine!)

I've got a Honda PSX 125, but I've not got further than taking my CBT at the moment. Being only 5ft makes handling a bigger bike seem maybe too challenging for me. The scooter is good fun though!
Don't give up on riding a bigger bike. I'm 5' and used to ride huge sports bikes that I couldn't touch the floor on! One of my current bikes is a 300kg Harley and another is a 1200cc Buell that weighs around 180kg and I can only JUST touch the floor on, but I absolutely love it and I'm totally at home on it. I would just say take your time and work your way up slowly - the confidence and skill to handle a big beast will come in time if that's what you want to do.

So will you wish you were in the Cali at any time? ;)
No! It's a different experience on a bike. I'll take Mrs RDH1 in the Cali when she has retired. I'm looking forward to both experiences. Scotland is brill; when there are no flying devils or drops of liquid sun!

Beginning to think everyone with a Cali is also on two wheels, motorised or pedal powered!

I think a new thread needs to be started "Any non bikers on here?" ;)

If everyone with a bike or a dog left this forum there'd be no one on here :D

Once a biker always a biker , had motorcycles all my life started when I was 12 and been through most makes over the years , track days , iom tt , north west in Ireland and many circuits in Europe . Last bike not long sold R1 Yamaha , once new Cali arrives , next one is a Ducati

In Scotland this week on the bike, Ullapool tonight then around the coast tomorrow. Big hello to anyone in the area in a California at the moment

+1 BMW R1200 GS '09
Love it
Selling mine, to make more room for the AT ... I'm afraid Chester Motorrad and BMW Customer (Dis)Service upset me big time :mad:

Sold my KTM1190R to afford the California, will get something else next year. Pedal bikes for now.

Sold my KTM1190R to afford the California, will get something else next year. Pedal bikes for now.
On the up side, you don't have to decide which to spend your leisure time on, and the pedal bike will keep you fit. ;)

Now an ex biker having recently sold my Triumph Thunderbird 900. Lovely bike, loads of fun and a real head turner especially with the loud pipes.
Previously owned:

Ariel Square four
AJS 350
Yamaha RD250
Yamaha RD 400 x 4 (used for production racing)
Suzuki T500
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB 750f
Honda 400 four
Suzuki GS550
Ducati 750 GT
Kawasaki 900z
Kawasaki Z750

Wish I had kept most of them.

Now an ex biker having recently sold my Triumph Thunderbird 900. Lovely bike, loads of fun and a real head turner especially with the loud pipes.
Previously owned:

Ariel Square four
AJS 350
Yamaha RD250
Yamaha RD 400 x 4 (used for production racing)
Suzuki T500
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB 750f
Honda 400 four
Suzuki GS550
Ducati 750 GT
Kawasaki 900z
Kawasaki Z750

Wish I had kept most of them.

With your username, surprised there's no Suzuki Kettle in there! :D

I like the lets list all the bikes we have owned thing, so here goes.
Suzuki TS50 ER
Suzuki TS125x
Honda MBX125
Honda NSF125
Honda VF400f
Kawasaki GPZ600r
Kawasaki GPZ900r
Kawasaki KLR600
Honda VFR750f
Yamaha TDR250
Yamaha YZ250
Yamaha FZR1000 exup
Honda MTX200
BMW 450x
Yamaha WR250f
KTM530 exc
Ducati Monster 695
Ducati Monster 1100s
Ducati 848 Evo
Harley Davidson v rod Muscle
Harley Davidson 883 iron
Triumph 675 street triple r
Honda VTR 250
Suzuki 400 bandit
Suzuki 600 bandit
Honda CBX550
Suzuki GT185
Suzuki DRZ400sm
So a very varied list and I'm still thinking of a few more

The problem I have these days is when I have one I never use it and when I haven't got one I really miss not having one.

Just don't ever ask for a list of cars

Last edited:
Triumph T10
Yamaha RS125
Suzuki GT250A
Suzuki TS185
Yamaha RD200
Yamaha RD250
Yamaha FS1E... having owned a few bikes, I've just become old enough to have one on the road..
Vespa 50
Vespa PX125
Vespa PX200
Kawasaki GPZ550
Kawasaki GPZ750 turbo
Vespa T5
Yamaha FJ1200
Suzuki TL1000S
Suzuki TL1000S.. long story!
Honda CR125
Honda XRV750
Suzuki DRZ400S
Bultaco Sherpa T
Honda CBR900RR
Yamaha FJ1200
Honda VTR1000F
Sherco 250
KTM 250 exc-f
KTM950 Adventure
FJR1300

Much more interesting than the EU Referendum... :cool:

Must be the most popular topic on the forum! And no "this is better than that" etc :thumb

I guess this thread proves that bikers always like a good natter :)

Here's mine (ones I can remember)

BSA Bantam 125
Triumph Tiger Cub
(Big gap - kids, no money etc)
Yamaha XJ600
Honda CBR600
Honda VFR 800
CCM 640
BMW R1150GS
KTM Duke (single)
BMW R1200GS
Yamaha XT660
Triumph Scrambler
Honda Africa Twin CRF1000

Looking at Californiaman & Jaydub I now feel a fraud with my username! :D

I missed one - KTM 690 Enduro :cool:

I look at the list and think 'bloody hell, could have paid cash for my house three times over if I hadn't had that lot....'

Not that I regret a single minute of it really but I do sort of wish someone had given me the advice that I give now about sticking pennies away for a rainy day! LOL!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I suppose I should also count a PW50 and QR50 that I bought last year and got sorted for the kids of friends... And a fantastic little minimoto that is sat in my garage waiting for a little chap to get a bit bigger and off his balance-bike!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Her list,
Honda CD 175
Moto Guzzi V 50
Harley Davidson Roadster (1983)
Harley Davidson XLCR (1977)

His list,
Honda C50
Honda CB 125T
Kawasaki Z 750 Twin
Yamaha XS 1100
Benelli 900 Sei
Ducati 250 single
Harley Davidson Sportster (1982)
Suzuki GS 1000 E
Suzuki GS 1000 G
Yamaha TDM 850 Twin
Yamaha V-Max

All bar one are long gone, still got a garage full of bits from most of them, as well as the workshop manuals.

Very impressed with the listings. I feel I have been lazy but will confess to having a 11 year sabbatical from motorbikes.

Apart from the obvious enjoyment of bike ownership, I have to say I loved the lifestyle that came with it.
The social events, rallies, club meets, race meetings, parties etc... not to mention the best event of all the TT.
I remember how we would pull up outside popular bikers pubs on a summer evenings, and there would be rows and rows of fantastic machines to drool over and have a good old natter.
I couldn't keep up the pace now.

Some of the classic bikes are now worth a few quid in good original condition too.

Back