Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any bikers on here?

• Thread starter WooburnCalifornia
  • Start date
W

WooburnCalifornia

I mean real bikers, not bicycles !

I am looking at treating myself for the summer, possibly having a mid life crisis, looking to spend around £8,000

Fair weather biker..... Left<<<.

Vespa 125 Sprint which I keep and use a fair bit while out in Portugal. It's bright yellow and even has a few '46' personal touches.

Mind you until age 60 last year I had never ever ridden a powered two wheeler.

I have a lambretta li 150 1962 Italian with a Suzuki 205 barrel + piston

I am looking at treating myself for the summer, possibly having a mid life crisis, looking to spend around £8,000
Yes, rather obviously in my case; and quite a few others. Maybe we should have a little corner of our own?:D

BMW R1150GS here, which I used to ride to work every day, but these days is only used a few times a month.

Kawasaki er6f, 650 cc parallel twin. 70 bhp, always brings a smile when I ride it.

I have a real soft spot for the Monkey bike but sadly I'm too big.

Well here is mine "owned" list:

DT125
KLE500
Fireblade
Africa Twin
TDM 850
Aprilia Dorsodura
BMW 1200 GSA

I have a real soft spot for the Monkey bike but sadly I'm too big.

Well here is mine "owned" list:

DT125
KLE500
Fireblade
Africa Twin
TDM 850
Aprilia Dorsodura
BMW 1200 GSA
Ah - an Africa Twin in the list - I want one of the new ones but sadly there are none to be had at present :(

Mmm. ridden to India and back, then cargo ship to Buenos Aires and rode up to New York all on the same G650X, both tips added up to 55k miles.
Just got back from a 4000 mile trip round Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand but that was on scooters !
www.facebook.com/curryhunt

I'd steer clear of the BMW singles as a road bike personally.

On the owned list front,
2 x Fireblades
GSXR 750 (which I raced for a few seasons)
KTM SuperDuke (my favourite)
TZ 250 ( again race bike)
RGV 250
2 x Buells, S1L & X1
ZX6R
ZX10R
G650X

Last edited:

Triumph Street Twin or Ducati Scrambler on my shopping list for that exact reason.

I've got an FJR1300. It's my third one. I've not been without one for 25 years!
I've ridden to north Africa on an AT, from Durban to Port Elizabeth with Prince William and Harry for charity, the coastline of NZ etc. Motorbiking was a huge part of my life for a long time. These days, I would rather be away in the van!
I've had far too many motorbikes (on younger days, I kept them until they have lost the maximum amount possible and then sold for a massive loss and then bought another...)
Only ever had one big shunt on the road but, it was a doozy... Writing off a 40 minute old TL1000S on the M6. I used to race MX, Enduro and Rallye raid style events. It took me far too long to realise that my enthusiasm outweighed my talent massively. Many broken bones later, I sort of miss it but not the pain (not to mention expense)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I had a string of bikes as a youth, then a long break until a friend got a maxi-scooter to commute in London - amazing.

The bug then re-bit during a leisurely John O'Groats to Lands End and much touring of Scotland, Ireland, France and a good long ride back from the Barcelona MotoGP followed. Last few bikes included a 1977 GL1000 Goldwing, a BMW R1200S, KTM enduro and a Triumph Street Triple - my brother had a potentially nasty off on his Street & the joy just evaporated so now all sold.

I've nowhere to keep one now, no real 'need' and the itch has all but gone - though my head still turns for a red Ducati, or a black R1 with gold wheels ...

I was a biker, but probably not anymore. The R1 in the picture <---- is now sold and with a new owner. I do still have an FJ1200 tourer which has taken me around France and the UK but its been garaged for a few years now.

I've got an FJR1300. It's my third one. I've not been without one for 25 years!
I've ridden to north Africa on an AT, from Durban to Port Elizabeth with Prince William and Harry for charity, the coastline of NZ etc. Motorbiking was a huge part of my life for a long time. These days, I would rather be away in the van!
I've had far too many motorbikes (on younger days, I kept them until they have lost the maximum amount possible and then sold for a massive loss and then bought another...)
Only ever had one big shunt on the road but, it was a doozy... Writing off a 40 minute old TL1000S on the M6. I used to race MX, Enduro and Rallye raid style events. It took me far too long to realise that my enthusiasm outweighed my talent massively. Many broken bones later, I sort of miss it but not the pain (not to mention expense)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
cool

Lots of sports bikes then naked bikes as the back started to hurt on sports stuff. I've had a yamaha tracer just over one year, great bike does everything very well and still lots of fun.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I must do a track day now I'm older and more sensible.

The Africa Twin was a fantastic bike. I did 35000miles in two years on the bike and it did everything well. Even took on a distraught driver in a Beetle and came off the better.

P/ex it for the TDM850 on a too good to refuse deal. The Yama was poor in comparison.

Forgot to add a TDR250 to the list. The only bike I ever wanted to crash on the road. Hated that bike but self preservation kicked in

Triumph Street Twin or Ducati Scrambler on my shopping list for that exact reason.
Thank goodness, I thought it was just me that was lusting after a scrambler as my first bike

Picked this up today. No Californicating for me this weekend!

Off to Dakar maybe ... as long as I'm back for dinner :D

IMG_0851.jpg

Just need to get rid of my 1200GS now :confused:

Back