Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on possible purchase please - California Beach/SE (Sort of)

Bryan2411 said he went to see a Cali in Lincoln which is an ex rental. I was also interested in this van but to save a possible expensive journey from N Wales wanted to have a word with him first.
ok, Welcome btw but be careful with this one, sets some alarm bells off for me. Yes it's cheap and obviously ex rental but it doesn't look a well cared for example at all. I notice it has the T6 roof canvas which is no bad thing but probably means it has had roof repair work or damage. Checking the Mot history suggests it was low mileage but then it has just done 8000 miles in the last 7 weeks and now up for sale.
You can do a lot better than this example and there are lots of of careful owners on here who can give good advice with your search. :thumb

ok, Welcome btw but be careful with this one, sets some alarm bells off for me. Yes it's cheap and obviously ex rental but it doesn't look a well cared for example at all. I notice it has the T6 roof canvas which is no bad thing but probably means it has had roof repair work or damage. Checking the Mot history suggests it was low mileage but then it has just done 8000 miles in the last 7 weeks and now up for sale.
You can do a lot better than this example and there are lots of of careful owners on here who can give good advice with your search. :thumb
Thanks,it was the Mot information that set my alarm bell ringing. I have now crossed this one off my list.
I shall keep lookin :rolleyes:.
Thanks to you all for your help, I appreciate it.

Hi John, email not recognised. *+**+*, does that mean *+*+*+*+*+ etc?
Hi Bryan, Thanks for your help,think we shall forget this one all getting too complicated and the info coming in is all negative :sad
Hope you enjoy the new Cali, suppose you have been out washing and polishing this morning!.
Merry Christmas. John

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your help,think we shall forget this one all getting too complicated and the info coming in is all negative :sad
Hope you enjoy the new Cali, suppose you have been out washing and polishing this morning!.
Merry Christmas. John
Hi John, that would be my view too. It seemed good in the ad and the dealer was straight up about lack of history, so it’s not a reflection on them, but it was shabby. Good luck with your continued search. Good things do come to those that wait, we’re really chuffed with ours, even if we went to the toppest, uppermost of our budget. The better half will just have to eat out if the tin with her fingers for a couple of months!!!

Back