Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New order placed - front seats question (electric vs...)

I've tried to find the electric/memory seat option for a T6.1 Ocean (in the UK) ...does it exist as I cant see it in the configurator?

I can find the option for a Caravelle.

I've tried to find the electric/memory seat option for a T6.1 Ocean (in the UK) ...does it exist as I cant see it in the configurator?

It got dropped pretty quickly after the scandal known as swivelgate.
The description on the option list forgot to mention that if you had the electric seats they didn't swivel. it wasn't until vans were delivered that the dealers realised.
As suggested in the posts above, on a LHD van it works ok for some having a drivers seat that doesn't swivel as the kitchen is in the way anyway. On a RHD van its its not a sensible option.

It got dropped pretty quickly after the scandal known as swivelgate.
The description on the option list forgot to mention that if you had the electric seats they didn't swivel. it wasn't until vans were delivered that the dealers realised.
As suggested in the posts above, on a LHD van it works ok for some having a drivers seat that doesn't swivel as the kitchen is in the way anyway. On a RHD van its its not a sensible option.
Makes sense, at least I don’t have to fret about whether to spend another £1400 or not…!

I bought my car in Germany and I just requested to the dealer that I wanted 1 memory seat for the driver, no problem

I bought my car in Germany and I just requested to the dealer that I wanted 1 memory seat for the driver, no problem
I've done the same in Switzerland, but not sure that info helps the UK buyers out here.

Did you buy Left Hand Drive or Right Hand Drive?

On a LHD we 1) have the option to just order the driver's side without swivel, and 2) on an LHD having the driver's side without swivel is not a big loss, due to it being on the kitchen side of the van.

Plus now on the German and Swiss sites, its states "Non-swivel" in the description so there it is clear. In the UK it didn't do that in the past, so was a shock to a lot of people who lost the swivel.

Note: Even adding just height adjustment (a.k.a. "Comfort seats") loses the swivel, which was a no-cost option and of course a lot of people clicked it.

I guess overall the the boffins at VW marketing decided that it was simplier to remove the option all together from the UK site. Well yes it avoided future issues, it's a bit extreme!

Makes sense, at least I don’t have to fret about whether to spend another £1400 or not…!
That's the spirit!

Plus in Switzerland when you add the electric memory seat, you have to also take the Art Velor seats, and the heated seats! That gave me another week of headaches and haggling. I went for it in the end, but yeah kind of wish it just wasn't an option and I'm sure we would have survived!

@two-saabs congrats on the order from a fellow 'Zürcher'.
I'd agree with the others that LHD non-swivel will be fine as we also find we mostly swivel the RH seat and leave the LH facing front.
Also, electric hookup is a must, even with the Beach as you'll no doubt get a fridge too. I recommend a Dolmetic (look at Conrad or Galaxus websites).
We also have the heated front windscreen, but we've always added this to all our cars here if possible.
The manual roof is fine for me, but my wife would struggle so I can see why you went for the electric.

OK, now to leave for a night in Appenzell...

@two-saabs congrats on the order from a fellow 'Zürcher'.
I'd agree with the others that LHD non-swivel will be fine as we also find we mostly swivel the RH seat and leave the LH facing front.
Also, electric hookup is a must, even with the Beach as you'll no doubt get a fridge too. I recommend a Dolmetic (look at Conrad or Galaxus websites).
We also have the heated front windscreen, but we've always added this to all our cars here if possible.
The manual roof is fine for me, but my wife would struggle so I can see why you went for the electric.

OK, now to leave for a night in Appenzell...
Thanks for the congrats :)

Heated front windscreen we figured we have the standing heating so on cold days we could always turn it on before we go out to the car.

Electric hook-up, yep, added, will be good

Fridge at Galaxus, noted!

Enjoy Appenzell!

Thanks to all the advice, I've updated my order with the dealer, for both electric memory drivers seat + art velour interior
I am also in Switzerland. We took Delivery of Onur Ocean in January 2022. There arme just two of us, and I now wish wie had done as you did and ordernd both Memory drivers (left) Memory Seat and Velour. Turning the pax Seat together with the 2 bench seat is enough.

Thanks to all the advice, I've updated my order with the dealer, for both electric memory drivers seat + art velour interior
You will lose the swivel function. The swivel of both seats is essential in my opinion

I am also in Switzerland. We took Delivery of Onur Ocean in January 2022. There arme just two of us, and I now wish wie had done as you did and ordernd both Memory drivers (left) Memory Seat and Velour. Turning the pax Seat together with the 2 bench seat is enough.
Hey, in the end we went for the electric memory driver seat (no swivel), and the standard passenger seat (with swivel). If you’re just 2 people I think this is a good balance.

Back