Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

How heavy are they?
Look like a nice set. But I already use a lot of airline metal cutlery sets. (From business airlines ;)
We used some lovely enamel metal plates and bowls for years. The trouble is they make your food go cold really quickly. Just like enamel baths go cold. It’s shame.
We now use basic plastic IKEA pasta bowls but the food stays warm.

We used some lovely enamel metal plates and bowls for years. The trouble is they make your food go cold really quickly. Just like enamel baths go cold. It’s shame.
We now use basic plastic IKEA pasta bowls but the food stays warm.
Pasta bowls, great for every meal :cheers
Even holds beer

How heavy are they?
Good question, no idea. As I say it was a bit of an impulse ‘punt’, a bit out of character for me - so we’ll see when (if!!) they arrive. The cutlery sets are established though and seem well regarded so I am hopeful of good quality and design.

Good question, no idea. As I say it was a bit of an impulse ‘punt’, a bit out of character for me - so we’ll see when (if!!) they arrive. The cutlery sets are established though and seem well regarded so I am hopeful of good quality and design.

I have some of their stuff, it’s well made and they haven’t failed a Kickstarter yet. I was tempted by this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look great, they really do. It’d be great to get a review in November please.

My only reservation is that hot soup in a metal bowl might not make for the best food on your lap eating experience because of conduction. Other than that I’m sold.

post #6261

link provided by @Viktorgeorge

Hi there. Look great but I can’t work out who the supplier is. You don’t have a link do you? Thanks
I got mine off ebay, there are 2 versions. Mine is v2 for a t6.1

Living the dream, again. New UK number plates - I did not like having an enormous UK sticker on the back of the van last summer. :cool:

PXL_20230706_104416209.MP.jpg

Living the dream, again. New UK number plates - I did not like having an enormous UK sticker on the back of the van last summer. :cool:

View attachment 110714
Good idea and worth reminding people about the change. I stuck on a UK one from e-bay over my old one but it may peel off and I still have to put the oval UK on for Spain, I have a magnetic one.
Note for Spain from

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in-the-eu#:~:text=From 28 September 2021, you'll need a UK sticker,your vehicle to drive abroad.&text=You do not need to carry a green card to,Norway, Serbia, or Switzerland.

"UK stickers and number plates​

You must display the UK identifier when driving a UK-registered vehicle abroad.

If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

However, you will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate."

Last edited:
I bought some U.K. sticker from ebay for about £2 and stuck them over the GB logo on the plates
My existing plates did not have the GB flag so insufficient room to squeeze on a UK sticker. You would have ended up with no gap between the right hand edge of the UK sticker and the registration's first letter.

A second tandem carrier.

So we can now get our tandem triplet and our tandem twin on the roof, along with four solos on the rear. A total of 9 saddles.

We will be travelling with all nine saddles to the Tandem Club rally being held on Stratford upon Avon racecourse mid August.

usb-led-lights.jpg
Our new USB, rechargeable, retractable LED lights have arrived from Amazon. Nice and compact when retracted, but 10m of lights which is plenty to adorn the van and awning for summer camping. Can be used as a light too when not pulled out. If you double press the button they flash too = party van!!! Bought them from amazon. Link here. Says its waterproof... will see after a British summer!! Cost £27 but does seem well made and we god fed up with strings of lights getting snarled up in the draw and batteries running out. This runs direct from a power bank if you need to (USB C connection).

This is ours. Very useful for charging phones etc. 3 x 12v sockets and 4 x USB ports. Makes good use of the 12v socket by the bench seat which is normally quite inaccessible. I think the brand is Lomoy? Right angled 12V plug with illuminated on/off switch.
I added a reminder sticker as they advise to switch off before starting the engine, but when i’ve forgotten it’s been fine.

View attachment 89550

View attachment 89551

View attachment 89552
Hi, where did you get this shelf please? Thanks

IMG_4385.jpeg After 7+ years the original 17” alloys have been relegated to winter boots. New matt black 18” MoMo alloys, orange callipers and CrossClimate tyres fitted. Nemo is looking fresh!!

Back