Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weirdest Campervans

This is a proper Motorhome. 2 Storey, 8 wheel, all wheel drive. Aussie built.

View attachment 67535
For my next camper, I think I’ll go down a route similar to this, probably on a Unimog chassis which can be changed from RHD to LHD with a box body.

Something like this.

5B89F6FA-C0B6-489D-BB3E-E1E4AD5D628D.jpeg
This (2005) one is for sale for the price of a new Coast. I think I could make it expedition ready for about the price of a new 4Motion Ocean.

For my next camper, I think I’ll go down a route similar to this, probably on a Unimog chassis which can be changed from RHD to LHD with a box body.

Something like this.

View attachment 67537
This (2005) one is for sale for the price of a new Coast. I think I could make it expedition ready for about the price of a new 4Motion Ocean.

That’s a serious bit of kit.

That’s a serious bit of kit.
Running costs would go up for sure. Someone on this forum said they’d just done a 3,500 mile trip to Portugal. I think it would cost in the region of £2,700 in the Unimog cruising at about 50mph. Probably better for heading to Morocco or Mongolia. Iceland out of season would be a blast.

Something like this.

View attachment 67537

We have a whole fleet of Mercedes Zetros at my employer.. like a Unimog on 'roids. I've always wondered if one would make a great camper! Could keep the hook loader on the back, and dump your home anywhere

28966449912_92e5101012_b.jpg

We have a whole fleet of Mercedes Zetros at my employer.. like a Unimog on 'roids. I've always wondered if one would make a great camper! Could keep the hook loader on the back, and dump your home anywhere

28966449912_92e5101012_b.jpg
That is indeed. Please let me know when any of your fleet is being replaced. Genuinely interested.

While studying at an architecture college in Chennai, 23-year-old ARUN PRABHU N G did some research on slum housing and was struck by the poor utilization of space in these structures. Residents would spend somewhere around Rs. 4-5 lakh to build a house, but it would not have a toilet.

“I was researching slum housing in Chennai and Mumbai, and realized that these small spaces that could be improved by instituting a proper design, to create toilets, bedrooms, etc. and make the house more habitable,” said Arun Prabhu.

He spent Rs 1 lakh building a portable house on wheels called ‘SOLO.O1’, modeled after the Bajaj RE.

“My objective is to use small scale architecture and show people what we can do with such tiny spaces. Also, portable housing can inspire better temporary housing for construction laborers and emergency housing during natural calamities,” he quips.

This auto rickshaw's 36 sq ft space not only has a bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet, bathtub, and workspace, but also a 250 litre water tank for water, 600 watts solar panels, batteries, cupboards, hangers, doors, and staircase for drying outside

8D40DDBC-7612-40B6-BFF7-694A4E4E8DC9.jpeg

While studying at an architecture college in Chennai, 23-year-old ARUN PRABHU N G did some research on slum housing and was struck by the poor utilization of space in these structures. Residents would spend somewhere around Rs. 4-5 lakh to build a house, but it would not have a toilet.

“I was researching slum housing in Chennai and Mumbai, and realized that these small spaces that could be improved by instituting a proper design, to create toilets, bedrooms, etc. and make the house more habitable,” said Arun Prabhu.

He spent Rs 1 lakh building a portable house on wheels called ‘SOLO.O1’, modeled after the Bajaj RE.

“My objective is to use small scale architecture and show people what we can do with such tiny spaces. Also, portable housing can inspire better temporary housing for construction laborers and emergency housing during natural calamities,” he quips.

This auto rickshaw's 36 sq ft space not only has a bedroom, living room, kitchen, toilet, bathtub, and workspace, but also a 250 litre water tank for water, 600 watts solar panels, batteries, cupboards, hangers, doors, and staircase for drying outside

View attachment 67776

See posts #27 and #31for the video of this little 'extension'.

But one could also do it inside the rickshaw itself, well almost:

Trying to convince my son to go out experimenting with his Clio. But he's lurking towards my Cali, the brat .:Nailbiting

View attachment 67776
Watched the video and thought what a clever engineer.

Got $225K to spare?

The bedroom looks bigger than some London flats!