Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Conversion for sale here - Cheap intro to van life

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Appreciate it's not a Cali but - as a former Cali owner - I'm surprised this one has not sold quickly - listed on the site. Friend of ours relocating abroad (we just did the same and sad to see our Cali go, much missed) and its one of the best conversions I have come across, knowing the outfit that did the work and the attention to detail and care that went into it I'm genuinely surprised its not been snapped up as a good intro vehicle to test the water on full VW Factory ownership. What am I missing here ? Is it just the turn in the weather now that's slowing van sales?

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/classi...i-camper-conversion/aberdeen/other-campervans

For the record - before I get all the conversion hate on here - I'm normally the first person to recommend a Cali vs a full conversion (the roof is the tipping point IMO) but this one makes no attempt at being a Cali replica and is simply a good, can for those not in need of 4 berths.

You asked. Its a van with two cabinets landed in the back with a strange layout. A massive TV instead of something of real use. A day van not a camper.

Not a very good example of a basic conversion. Sorry.

I quite like the layout and I’m not phobic of carpet on the wall. The price seems high for me though, as it lacks the expensive parts of a conversion (A decent high lifting roof and a crash tested bed). If you look what 06 plate empty vans make, there a big gap from those to this very personalised and relatively cheap conversion.
Oh and Aberdeen is not the best place to be selling a van that needs viewing before offering.

Fair replies - thanks for the honest feedback. For sure its not for everybody and a very specific layout, coming from a Cali I still like it for what it is - a day van with the option to sleep over and a good amount if useable space. I suspect Aberdeen makes the heater more valuable than it may be in southern parts and - full agree @2into1 - it also makes it hard to sell up there for sure.

Appreciate the response.

Fair replies - thanks for the honest feedback. For sure its not for everybody and a very specific layout, coming from a Cali I still like it for what it is - a day van with the option to sleep over and a good amount if useable space. I suspect Aberdeen makes the heater more valuable than it may be in southern parts and - full agree @2into1 - it also makes it hard to sell up there for sure.

Appreciate the response.
I would have thought advertising on Autotrader or eBay might generate more interest. If only advertised here then possible customers know what they are looking for and unfortunately this vehicle does not tick many boxes. It has a very specific market.

Back