Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weirdest Campervans

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We went for a hike on Headley Heath near Guildford on Sunday and I was in awe when we came across this. It’s almost part camper, part spaceship, I thought. I guess from the markings it might have been a racing crew‘s vehicle.
8EB4E14B-E8D6-415D-8E3C-0209D2B20502.jpeg

Wow, that's a camper only a mother could love.

John Player sponsored Norton in the TT, I think, in the 1970s so the van has probably some great stories to tell.

[EDIT] Yep, just checked and Peter Williams won the '73 F750 TT class on a JP-sponsored Norton that he had himself designed. Great days. And this looks like that van in the background...

1600797500178.png

Last edited:
Is that on a Bedford base vehicle or a ford? A winter project for someone !

Camper vans are in short supply right now ...

We went for a hike on Headley Heath near Guildford on Sunday and I was in awe when we came across this. It’s almost part camper, part spaceship, I thought. I guess from the markings it might have been a racing crew‘s vehicle.
View attachment 66698
And people think it’s hard getting their kids out of a California safely ;)

:D Also seen (last year in July during the French vw bus meeting at Chérizet), you should have seen the owner ... bizarre experience to say the least...
Greetings
67124358_2578268172206910_8140754336520077312_o.jpg

:D Also seen (last year in July during the French vw bus meeting at Chérizet), you should have seen the owner ... bizarre experience to say the least...
Greetings
View attachment 66723
Its Swiss!!
That geezer has been on the strong stuff with those ideas :D
I like the big air horn, just in case you cant see me :D

Greetings
View attachment 66723
We also saw it at Chérizet last year, it was also at the Bugaloo event in Italy last year in May, seem to get around to quite a few events.

We also saw it at Chérizet last year, it was also at the Bugaloo event in Italy last year in May, seem to get around to quite a few events.
I wonder what he would say about the price
of a new T6.1 ? :)

Its Swiss!!
That geezer has been on the strong stuff with those ideas :D
I like the big air horn, just in case you cant see me :D
yes, he is Swiss and gave a whole explanation and demonstration of his bus and all the features: very special to see.