Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

well, I've just sat in mine (not PDI'd yet) , placed order end of August.

(ok, that's a bit of a gloat :Iamsorry )

What engine/gearbox did you get? I get the feeling the 150PS models are coming through more quickly than the 204PS, so might tip me in that direction.

204 DSG 4M.

Interesting, we ordered ours ( 204 DSG 4M) at the end of July with an initial week 50 build, now delayed to week 10.

Did you spec diff lock as well, trying to figure out what is holding up our build

What engine/gearbox did you get? I get the feeling the 150PS models are coming through more quickly than the 204PS, so might tip me in that direction.

I placed my 150 DSG order in April. Unconfirmed build week 4, so not expected at the dealers until February/March. Then it has three months as a road demonstrator in return for a 14% discount on van and options, but dealer hinted to me yesterday that they will loan it to me from new for the three months. I am now a gruntled customer.

I placed my 150 DSG order in April. Unconfirmed build week 4, so not expected at the dealers until February/March.

That has blown my theory out of the water. I'd be pretty fed up it my order takes 10 months.

I spoke to VWCV last week, my provisional week 4 now back to week 8 :( Nothing special on the order - 150 DSG plus a handful of extras.

We're another set of very happy and excited punters - we ordered ours on 12 Sept, and it arrived with the dealer on Tuesday evening. That's 10 weeks from order to arrival! We've been up and signed all the papers and are ready to collect just as soon as they have unpacked it all and checked it over.

Adventure awaits!

We placed our order on 19 October and have been given a provisional build date of week 11 (13-19 March). This is pretty much what we were expecting, but of course provisional can change when it becomes confirmed!

Very pleased for you but mine will (still nervous about committing!) have taken longer than conception to birth of any of my children!!

...... perhaps we should start a new thread ..."what can be achieved in less time than it takes to get a Cali?"?!
Perhaps I should have tempted fate earlier ...... hopefully collecting our Beach tomorrow !!!!! One week short of 9 months since ordering

Me too. Was warned off getting a bottom drawer together too soon - both by wiser heads here on the forum, and by my husband. Managed to stop (more or less) at a new tea towel, sparkly fairy lights, some nice warm woolly rugs and some cushions-cum-pillows and a set of sharp knives. Whoops!
The bunting has been bought! And Himself didn't even complain! We pick up our new van tomorrow hopefully. Husb has presented me with an early Christmas present - a Hamster decal! We decided to call the van Hamster 3 (2 previous much loved 2CVs were Hamster and Hamster 2 - original had number plate 'SPG' - old folks who remember The Young Ones will know all about SPG!).

We're very excited. Understatment.

We're another set of very happy and excited punters - we ordered ours on 12 Sept, and it arrived with the dealer on Tuesday evening. That's 10 weeks from order to arrival! We've been up and signed all the papers and are ready to collect just as soon as they have unpacked it all and checked it over.

Adventure awaits!
Lightening fast! Great news!

Mine arrived in Grimsby yesterday two weeks to pick up 4 month wait

Mojave. Although I was talking to the dealer last week about changing to Acapulco Blue! Do you fancy swapping!
Hmmmm.........if I am honest Mojave was not even on my short list - this was white, cherry red and AB.

I asked about colour because it seems that Bamboo Green seems to be an issue right now - no idea why, but that will not affect your date movements so non the wiser. Sorry. JW

DSG, 150. has changed from week 8 to week 9. Still unconfirmed.

DSG, 150. has changed from week 8 to week 9. Still unconfirmed.
Whats odd about all this is I see as many build dates going backwards as forwards. Can't make head nor tail of VW's scheduling, not that I tried particularly. More fruitful things to do :thumb

More fruitful things to do :thumb

I'm glad you have!

The dark art of California build scheduling appears to have become something of an obsession around these parts....

I get the distinct impression that if I can solve how they manage build slots then the Da Vinci code, a cure for cancer and the meaning of life, the universe & everything should be well within my grasp!

I'm glad you have!

The dark art of California build scheduling appears to have become something of an obsession around these parts....

I get the distinct impression that if I can solve how they manage build slots then the Da Vinci code, a cure for cancer and the meaning of life, the universe & everything should be well within my grasp!
I trust in you! ;)

I'm glad you have!

I will continue building my own cars.......I'm a slot car racer!:thumb

Back