Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Ok so we are in the crazy lucky gang . Ordered 10th September and ours apparently is on the boat and turning up next week ! 11 weeks from order. Even our dealer is stunned ! 150 manual in Acapulco blue. We werent expecting it until march next year and was reallyworried about the new VED changes in April. In fact I think we are going to wait until the new year to register it and pick it up !

Ok so we are in the crazy lucky gang . Ordered 10th September and ours apparently is on the boat and turning up next week ! 11 weeks from order. Even our dealer is stunned ! 150 manual in Acapulco blue. We werent expecting it until march next year and was reallyworried about the new VED changes in April. In fact I think we are going to wait until the new year to register it and pick it up !
That is the same specification as mine which also arrived quickly. I wonder if colour may be a major influence in delivery times.

We initially had build date of week 4 , then changed the colour from idium grey , and then up'd the ACC to get the free multi-function steering wheel and suddenly our build date jumped forward - not complaining but v surprising given what we'd read here

Collected! Quite happy ;) 204 DSG 4M, Acupulco Blue, alcantara and lots of goodies.

Interestingly, the dealer mentioned that an order placed one month ago was already on a ship ... but another ordered at the same time is Week 11 next year. Barmy! Pleased that the wait is over, and California is in our life. Great service from Martin at SMG Tonbridge.

I think he was referring to us ! Turning up next week . Super excited

That is the same specification as mine which also arrived quickly. I wonder if colour may be a major influence in delivery times.

Our dates keep going back, now standing at week 8 from an original week 50.

We did ask the question regarding the specification and were told that making changes would not make any difference to the build date.

204 DSG 4 Motion, bamboo Green ordered at the end of July

I have an Acapulco blue Ocean on order.

Deposit paid 18th of May, and I've just had a 'Code 20' , build week confirmed wk 47, next week :) !!!

However, I don't expect to actually see it in the flesh much before xmas, so that will be an 8 month wait....which seems pretty standard from what everyone is saying.

Mine is a 204 DSG, from previous posts it seems that the manual 150's are getting pushed through quicker, although in truth its probably just VW doing whatever takes their fancy on that particular day :(

And, like others, tried making a couple of changes to my order a couple of months ago, and was told that yes, I could make them, but I'd then go to the back of the queue, and 'might' be lucky enough to take delivery next March...... Errrrrr, no thanks!!

Lots of acapulco blues arriving soon. Yay! We ordered DSG with lots of trimmings at the end of August with Guy at Preston. Week 44 so well into the build now. I cannot wait!
Mine's Acapulco blue and ordered end August but no week 44 for me :( still week 4, and that's only conditional. I am strong, I will not get angry. :)

And, like others, tried making a couple of changes to my order a couple of months ago, and was told that yes, I could make them, but I'd then go to the back of the queue, and 'might' be lucky enough to take delivery next March...... Errrrrr, no thanks!!
Good shout :thumb

Hi, this is the first post to the forum as have recently placed an order for a California. Very excited about it being delivered and as a result have changed my order several times since mid October. Just to add to the already muddy waters of the VW build schedules, my original order was specified with a manual box and I was given a provisional build date of week 12. However, I decided today that I wanted DSG and was very surprised to find I now have a week 4 provisional build date! Mental!

I spoke to my dealer today as this is my confirmed 'Code 20' build week. (Yippee!)

He said that he has been very surprised as several orders have come through much earlier than expected of late, in fact the word he used when I asked when we might be told that mine might be on the boat was 'imminently'. Mine too is a DSG. Perhaps they've had a shipment of the DSG boxes then, as a few weeks ago it was the manuals that were coming through quickly.

However, I shall reserve judgement and try very hard NOT to get too excited, yet....:)

My first post also on the forum. Ordered an Ocean 150 4 motion manual in early September and have been given provisional build week 7.

Hi, this is the first post to the forum as have recently placed an order for a California. Very excited about it being delivered and as a result have changed my order several times since mid October. Just to add to the already muddy waters of the VW build schedules, my original order was specified with a manual box and I was given a provisional build date of week 12. However, I decided today that I wanted DSG and was very surprised to find I now have a week 4 provisional build date! Mental!
Well that could have saved you about 600 quid! Fingers crossed and you will get delivery before the dreaded new VED kicks in on March 31st. Well done you. Oh, by the way a big welcome!!

Well that could have saved you about 600 quid! Fingers crossed and you will get delivery before the dreaded new VED kicks in on March 31st. Well done you. Oh, by the way a big welcome!!
Thanks very much. Yes I hope I escape the new VED rules. I'd much rather spend the cash on a few tanks of fuel.

Had a text from dealer today saying that our Cali has left the factory! A week to 10 days to ship to the UK and then the same to be delivered from the UK port to dealership. I am worse than a kid at Christmas!

Had an update from VW today, build now week 10, from week 8 last week.

Overall our build date has gone back 12 weeks in the last month, looks like delivery will be some time in April, not happy.

has anyone else who has ordered a 204 DSG 4 motion being hit with delays ?

Had an update from VW today, build now week 10, from week 8 last week.

Overall our build date has gone back 12 weeks in the last month, looks like delivery will be some time in April, not happy.

has anyone else who has ordered a 204 DSG 4 motion being hit with delays ?
Yep. ordered 204 DSG 4M end of Sept and no confirmed date at all as yet. just an unconfirmed week 15. Really annoyed that now having to find even more money is if its not expensive enough already. The whole process is taking the shine off getting the van. I am slowly losing interest and wondering whether to abort now.

We ordered our 204 DSG 4 motion towards the end of October, contacted our dealership today for update. Appears we have a provisional week 11 build. We were also warned that this date can change but the way things stand currently we're looking at a mid to late April delivery.

My cali will be ready (order to pickup) in less time than is being quoted for a set of Brandrup carpets for it! :) :)

My cali will be ready (order to pickup) in less time than is being quoted for a set of Brandrup carpets for it! :) :)
Very pleased for you but mine will (still nervous about committing!) have taken longer than conception to birth of any of my children!!

...... perhaps we should start a new thread ..."what can be achieved in less time than it takes to get a Cali?"?!

Last edited:
it was meant more as a comment on the ridiculous lead times on a bit of carpet, sorry if it came across as a gloat!

it was meant more as a comment on the ridiculous lead times on a bit of carpet, sorry if it came across as a gloat!
No worries. ........ always knew our vans were a lifestyle choice, just didn't realise the only choice was to move into life's slow lane!

Last edited:
Back