Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

I think it's colour ... there seems to be several mojave ones on fast track (including mine)

Maybe the Mojave paint is about to go past its use by date and they need to use it quick

Maybe the Mojave paint is about to go past its use by date and they need to use it quick
lol, it could be just that simple but the Cali is a complex vehicle. So many factors to consider.

yeah but we've pretty much disproved engine spec/drivetrain and extras! :)
My suspicion is back with the dealers.

If they have given customer 1 a large discount, there must be an overwhelming temptation to switch customer 1's unconfirmed build allocation with customer 2 who, eight weeks' later, is more interested in a speedy delivery than a discount.

My suspicion is back with the dealers.

If they have given customer 1 a large discount, there must be an overwhelming temptation to switch customer 1's unconfirmed build allocation with customer 2 who, eight weeks' later, is more interested in a speedy delivery than a discount.
OK, but sounds a bit far out to me especially if you overlay a number of dealers owned by differing companies in the UK and then you consider the international perspective. VW would never build anything for all the chopping and changing!

Isn't this in the realms of conspiracy theories?

Isn't this in the realms of conspiracy theories?
Perhaps. But it should be fairly easy to test my hypothesis that, on average, the bigger the discount the longer the wait between order and delivery. We probably only need about 20 data points to disprove the hypothesis or show a correlation on a scatter graph.

I placed my order at the end of April and now anticipate delivery at the end of February. My discount is 14% on vehicle and options, wait 10 months.

Perhaps. But it should be fairly easy to test my hypothesis that, on average, the bigger the discount the longer the wait between order and delivery. We probably only need about 20 data points to disprove the hypothesis or show a correlation on a scatter graph.

I placed my order at the end of April and now anticipate delivery at the end of February. My discount is 14% on vehicle and options, wait 10 months.
Hmmm.....Certainly 10 months is a long wait. You may have something. Could a poll do that for you?

To the people who have been waiting >6 months, have you made lots of adjustments to the options? Maybe you go to the back of the queue each time you make an amendment?

Remember the basic California, minus ALL the Habitation equipment and roof, is made on the T6 production line so it could be T6 commercial vehicle production that is affecting the California.

Remember the basic California, minus ALL the Habitation equipment and roof, is made on the T6 production line so it could be T6 commercial vehicle production that is affecting the California.

Sure but some californias are ready in 2-3 months and others take 10 ..?

New Beach ordered 26th March 2016, week 12, just been given by, VWCS, a new unconfirmed build date of week 15 2017.
So that's a year and 2 weeks and still no guarantee when it will arrive.

To say we are both bitterly disappointed is an understatement.

New Beach ordered 26th March 2016, week 12, just been given by, VWCS, a new unconfirmed build date of week 15 2017.

What have you ordered?

Unless you have done some weird discount deal or changed your order multiple times I would say you're entitled to some recompense. I'd be tempted to cancel but I suppose that would be cutting off your nose etc

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

That is appalling, I am so sorry for you.

You should be pressing your dealer and VWCS for a full explanation.

Unless you have done some weird discount deal or changed your order multiple times I would say you're entitled to some recompense. I'd be tempted to cancel but I suppose that would be cutting off your nose etc

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

No mega discount and no change of order.

Sure but some californias are ready in 2-3 months and others take 10 ..?
And if you look on the WWW you'll find that there is also variability in T6 delivery times.
So, although there might be some delay on the actual California production line where the Habitation equipment is installed, the main delays might be on the T6 production line. Fleet orders may be taking priority. I don't know, but I very much doubt the California factory is the root cause.

Hello Snowy, us as well, you're not alone, week 15 for us. I've just found that popping around to the next door narighbours and drinking their red wine and eating their nice Lidl orange chocailoate softens the blow...happy dayss ahead....

Hello Snowy, us as well, you're not alone, week 15 for us. I've just found that popping around to the next door narighbours and drinking their red wine and eating their nice Lidl orange chocailoate softens the blow...happy dayss ahead....

when did you order yours?

when did you order yours?
26th May. I wish I could buy a similar thing elsewhere. Funny these days that there is so little competition for a product. Such is the strength of the Cali!

No mega discount and no change of order.
Perhaps no change of order is the problem.

A couple of months ago I did some calculations to work out the number of possible variations of the California Beach. My calculation, which is almost certainly an over-estimate, it that there are 5 quitillion possible factory ordered variations of the Beach.

It is almost certainly an overestimate because there are various options which will not work with other options. When we ordered our Beach, it turned out that we were trying to order two radios, discover media + comp media (I thought one was sat nav and the other a radio).

With so many possible variations, some impossible combinations might slip through the dealer's configurator, the order goes off and you get an unconfirmed build date. When it comes to a confirmed build date, the factory spots the error and cannot confirm the build, so the order returns to the dealer. It goes into your dealer's in tray, other stuff goes on top, and the error is not corrected. You lose your unconfirmed build slot, and get shunted back another 10 weeks.

It is only a theory, but I think plausible even if unlikely. There may be other possible explanations which are not dissimilar. That is why I am now making monthly visits to my dealer - to keep my order at the forefront of my dealer's mind, so there is a smaller possibility of dealer related errors being overlooked. If I get shunted back again I will increase the frequency of my visits.

So my suggestion to you is to keep pressing your dealer for information. Visit weekly if it isn't too far, phone if you cannot visit, don't leave messages, keep phoning until he or she picks up. You should also be calling VWCS, and try to get a named person who will be investigating your case. You have waited long enough.

Last edited:
Back