Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thank you for clarifying. I thought something was odd because as you say: I too only see such extremely short waiting times in the UK. Probably/maybe this has something to do with the RHD van on which it is based; maybe a lot of them were recently produced? Or cancellations, more than elsewhere.
In any case, I look forward to the delivery of yours because since our problem (constant loud scratching at the front window, remember) has hopefully been definitively solved it is so much fun to drive it around every days. Happy days!
@babble: when it is delivered: of course you too have fun with it!
Me in outsourcing: all of you, enjoy your cali :D
I had hoped my 1000 post would be the big reveal but VW had other ideas. Not long to wait now though.

Given the long waiting lists even for the conversions, you're probably right. I can't think why someone would choose a conversion over a factory Cali, unless they love carpet on the side panels and roof. I could possibly see some advantages in a Crafter conversion vs GC but not the Cali.
Some people want a LWB T6.1 and 5 seats so a conversion is the only option.

well, i just got the message that mine is here in Belgium. Just less that three months since i ordered it, and six month earlier than predicted. Looks like it will have to sit in storage somewhere for two or three months, unless someone can lend me 50k?

well, i just got the message that mine is here in Belgium. Just less that three months since i ordered it, and six month earlier than predicted. Looks like it will have to sit in storage somewhere for two or three months, unless someone can lend me 50k?
Great :thumb but no, sorry I paid cash for it and have nothing left ;)

We ordered an Ocean early November and have just been told it's build week is 9th January, which is a shock as I wasn't expecting it until around May

What do think the timescale of it arriving in the UK? I'm worried the funds won't be in place in time.

Thanks in advance

We ordered an Ocean early November and have just been told it's build week is 9th January, which is a shock as I wasn't expecting it until around May

What do think the timescale of it arriving in the UK? I'm worried the funds won't be in place in time.

Thanks in advance
Where have you ordered from? Mine arrived at the dealers earlier this month (ordered mid september) & I am collecting 1st March. Dealer says cleared funds required 3 days before collection.

Thanks in advance
Typically around 2 weeks in production and 5-7 week’s delivery. Can be sooner, can be later.

Last edited:
This has really become a topic about calis delivered too quickly. Maybe make a new topic: Help! My cali is delivered too soon (and there is no fund) o_O
Seriously: wouldn't a new topic be better?
;) Only my two cents…

This has really become a topic about calis delivered too quickly. Maybe make a new topic: Help! My cali is delivered too soon (and there is no fund) o_O
;) Only my two cents…
As long as we get enough posts to reach a nice round 7,000!! :thumb

;) Only my two cents…
Yes, how dare these newbies come on this thread and dilute the indignation of those who had to wait more than a year for the delivery of their new family member.

Yes, how dare these newbies come on this thread and dilute the indignation of those who had to wait more than a year for the delivery of their new family member.
That is exactly the point! :D
;)
But I do think it would be easier for them -the ones with one tenth of some of our our waiting times- to discuss their concerns in a topic that doesn't have the word delay in the title.

Thanks in advance
My Ocean has been in build since 15th August (17 weeks). They say it has been held up because of a shortage of parts.

That’s me saying bye to this thread!! Good luck to all waiting, it’s worth it in the end

Finally collected our Beach camper from Breeze Poole last weekend. One year and one week from ordering! FYI it went in to production in May and took over 20 weeks to complete due to the well publicised supply issues.

7C5C9D3A-B08D-4D54-B44C-B03F5EB71ACD.jpeg

Nice front splitter/wheel/sidebar combo
Thanks

It’s the ABT splitter, VW sidebars and 18” Terasina wheels. The wheels are only temporary as we’re waiting for a set of 20” silver Tridents to arrive.
We’re very happy with the look

Thanks

It’s the ABT splitter, VW sidebars and 18” Terasina wheels. The wheels are only temporary as we’re waiting for a set of 20” silver Tridents to arrive.
We’re very happy with the look
Will the sale of the Terasinas cover the cost of the Tridents?

Will the sale of the Terasinas cover the cost of the Tridents?
Good question! I doubt it as resale value of alloys is low due to the vast number of them for sale.

We’ve paid for the Tridents already so anything we get for the Terasinas will be a bonus!

Good question! I doubt it as resale value of alloys is low due to the vast number of them for sale.

We’ve paid for the Tridents already so anything we get for the Terasinas will be a bonus!
Look forward to a pic with the Tridents fitted :thumb

Delays - what delays?

I ordered this morning, take delivery next week & even thats too long a wait.

You can't beat a van thats in stock, it saves weeks of worry about whether the spec is right.

Back