Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

94C09E54-C7C3-4AD5-B80D-7BF8D1293E51.jpeg
Happy Days !

This MY23 4Motion is like chalk and cheese compared to the MY20 2WD
The handling and way it feels planted on the motorway for the 130 mile drive back.
Even through some fast & furious tiny country roads. It stays on the road. No leaning over, no rocking and rolling and diving and lurching.
Absolutely solid.
Blipp the accelerator a couple of times before a bend and it auto changes down and powers out of the corner beautifully.
I’m truly smacked in the Gob with how it handles.
Black pearl looks almost very dark purple berry in the low direct sunlight.
New style bellows on the inside, very smooth and shiny.
EuroVans had a nightmare at 10:30 as the VW finance approval system went down and they had to email it manually. But all sorted at 13:00.
Really great service by EV. Nothing missing.
Used forum check sheet. Even got the table strap.
I did check the table and there is a hole for the adjuster. And one adjuster in the right leg.
So ? Confused.
Even got the fag lighter torch. :cheers

View attachment 102677
Happy Days !

The handling and way it feels planted on the motorway for the 130 mile drive back.
Even through some fast & furious tiny country roads. It stays on the road. No leaning over, no rocking and rolling and diving and lurching.
Absolutely solid.
Blipp the accelerator a couple of times before a bend and it auto changes down and powers out of the corner beautifully.
EuroVans had a nightmare at 10:30 as the VW finance approval system went down and they had to email it manually. But all sorted at 13:00.
I did check the table and there is a hole for the adjuster. And one adjuster in the right leg.
So ? Confused.
Fantastic mate!! Looks lovely, really pleased for you. I must have just missed out on the new roof bellows then :( Oh well, Isotop ordered now anyway.
Agree about the drive, very impressed too. I’m certainly not going to upgrade the suspension anytime soon either.
Glad EV were good for you, apart from the table and chairs missing they were ok with us. And we got the torch too! Enjoy.

We were the same with Crawley Eurovans.
I got an email last Tuesday from VW that it had left the factory and then on Thursday EV called me to say could i pick it up Thursday 24th Nov.\
We was also expecting it March 23 but then EV did msg me to say it might be ready for December.
All in all a big surprise and having to find a months saving a short notice has made it stressful.
I ordered mine on July 3rd 22 with eta of June 23. Picked it up yesterday!

View attachment 102677
Happy Days !

Absolutely solid.
So ? Confused.
Nice new and shiny there! Need to get some mud on the wheels ;)

Nice new and shiny there! Need to get some mud on the wheels ;)
Or various shades of grey camo wrap on the back end :cool:
I agree, way too shiny, but before the mud, it’s getting a Gtechniq ceramic coating :cheers

Just got home and checked my emails.....

Fantastic News !! your vehicle is arriving with us today, Your registration number is as follows: XXXXXXX, Please confirm what date and time you would like to collect your new vehicle, at present time the vehicle will be prepared and ready for collection by Monday 12th December from 9.30am.

I'm a bit gob smacked to be honest, I only ordered mid Sept this year via DTD and was expecting at least 6 months wait. Not sure what to do now as I dont really need/want it until March hence waiting until Sept to order.

So I could cancel this & re-order, might cost me a little more? but I did want to change the spec slightly anyway. I suppose I lose at least £360ish deposit (I put £1K down is this correct?). I could order another and keep this one but would need to sell this one to pay for the 2nd & that seems a bit of a gamble trying to find a cash buyer at shortish notice when the time comes.

Fantastic News !! your vehicle is arriving with us today, Your registration number is as follows: XXXXXXX, Please confirm what date and time you would like to collect your new vehicle, at present time the vehicle will be prepared and ready for collection by Monday 12th December from 9.30am.

I'm a bit gob smacked to be honest, I only ordered mid Sept this year via DTD and was expecting at least 6 months wait. Not sure what to do now as I dont really need/want it until March hence waiting until Sept to order.

So I could cancel this & re-order, might cost me a little more? but I did want to change the spec slightly anyway. I suppose I lose at least £360ish deposit (I put £1K down is this correct?). I could order another and keep this one but would need to sell this one to pay for the 2nd & that seems a bit of a gamble trying to find a cash buyer at shortish notice when the time comes.
uh, I don't quite understand this. So you ordered one, it arrives in record time and you're not sure if you want it? Are the waiting times now so short that you can refuse a delivered cali to order another to slightly change the options? Wow, it has indeed changed a lot with waiting times, at least with you in the UK. There is still a waiting period of one year and longer here in Belgium.
Well, congratulations! I guess?

Depends on the deal you had for this order, and the price you’ll pay on a new order, plus whether an early delivery gives you any issues I guess? But that’s purely financial. I would say though that a slight dissatisfaction in spec is more than compensated through just having and using a Cali. We regret not ordering a heated windscreen, but hey ho, we wait a little longer to demist ! But then we waited 12 months ;)

Is it about time to finally bring this thread to an end!!!?
Indeed, you’re right! I would end up with @Corradobrit his cali delivered because let's be honest: he takes the cake in terms of waiting time. Ours wasn't too bad either: 20 months so indeed: waiting times of three months weren't really the intention of this thread, were they? :Grin

Indeed, you’re right! I would end up with @Corradobrit his cali delivered because let's be honest: he takes the cake in terms of waiting time. Ours wasn't too bad either: 20 months so indeed: waiting times of three months weren't really the intention of this thread, were they? :Grin
All will be forgotten and forgiven when I drive out of Naarden in a Coast with the new bellows. Looking forward to meeting a few of you at the VW Bus Fest event next June. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, what with VW's track record.

Got a phone call yesterday to say that my Ocean 150 has been built, but cant tell me when it will arrive.:confused: But will keep me updated!!

Got a phone call yesterday to say that my Ocean 150 has been built, but cant tell me when it will arrive.:confused: But will keep me updated!!
About three months. And then you can cancel it and order a new one :)

I’m trying to be funny ;)

I chased my dealer and Autoebid this week after ordering in July this year. They said vans are arriving sooner than expected but mine still didn’t have a build date. Autoebid said I would get a minimum of 6/8 weeks notice before delivery and you have to take it within 14 days. Hopefully order number two gets built before I change my mind again

uh, I don't quite understand this. So you ordered one, it arrives in record time and you're not sure if you want it? Are the waiting times now so short that you can refuse a delivered cali to order another to slightly change the options? Wow, it has indeed changed a lot with waiting times, at least with you in the UK. There is still a waiting period of one year and longer here in Belgium.
Well, congratulations! I guess?
You may have missed my post on this calibusje, but my Cali, ordered in Belgium in September will be ready next month. The dealer said "we got a call (from VW) and they are all coming in early".

Last edited:
You may have missed my post on this calibusje, but my Cali, ordered in Belgium in September will be ready next month. The dealer said "we got a call and they are all coming in early".
Hi. No I haven't missed your post. I kinda read them all :D It is still very not normal to have such a short waiting times. Just a month ago our dealer (and let's say he no small one) said the waiting times in Belgium are still more than a year. Their words, not mine. But very good for you, indeed :thumb
Let's just say that they are doing a good job building and delivering and that the waiting times are even shorter than before Corona, Microchip shortages and the war. Then it was a 4-month waiting period and when we ordered (August 2020) we were already predicted to wait a year instead of 6 months, which was already long at the time -those 6 months- because normally 4.
Or there are many cancellations.

Last edited:
Hi. No I haven't missed your post. I kinda read them all :D It is still very not normal to have such a short waiting times. Just a month ago our dealer (and let's say he no small one) said the waiting times in Belgium are still more than a year. Their words, not mine. But very good for you, indeed :thumb
Oh. Well maybe it's changed in a month? I spoke a couple of days ago, and he implied he had just got this news. He said he was expecting a whole load of deliveries in January now. (It was D'iter.. in Zaventem)

Oh. Well maybe it's changed in a month? I spoke a couple of days ago, and he implied he had just got this news. He said he was expecting a whole load of deliveries in January now. (It was D'iter.. in Zaventem)
Just after we received ours in April this year, there were at least 20 brand new Californias at our dealer. Coast, beach and ocean and every colour that you could think of. It was a beautiful sight, that was for sure, but then he also said: a large load has arrived in one go. The waiting times were then at least a year and none of them had been ordered until 3 months before. I’ll guess yes, it must have changed in a month. And D’Ieteren is the main importer in Belgium so I think he's going to have a lot coming in. But something very strange things can be going on, it is bizarre that waiting times have become four times shorter in such a short time. Orders are still coming in and have been coming in smoothly for a long time, so it can't be that. I think more in the direction of cancellations of former orders, before September that is. But that's just my idea. Or they found a box of microchips.
I still find it bizarre: a california from order to delivery in 3 months; again: before Corona, microchip shortage and the war it was about 4 months and this was so for a long time. I don’t understand it but it is very good news for al those orders from September on. Or not so much for those who think the deliveries are too soon now but this is a whole other story :D
For me this thread is near closure… 3 months… o_O

Last edited:
Just after we received ours in April this year, there were at least 20 brand new Californias at our dealer. Coast, beach and ocean and every colour that you could think of. It was a beautiful sight, that was for sure, but then he also said: a large load has arrived in one go. The waiting times were then at least a year and none of them had been ordered until 3 months before. I’ll guess yes, it must have changed in a month. And D’Ieteren is the main importer in Belgium so I think he's going to have a lot coming in. But something very strange things can be going on, it is bizarre that waiting times have become four times shorter in such a short time. Orders are still coming in and have been coming in smoothly for a long time, so it can't be that. I think more in the direction of cancellations of former orders, before September that is. But that's just my idea. Or they found a box of microchips.
I still find it bizarre: a california from order to delivery in 3 months; again: before Corona, microchip shortage and the war it was about 4 months and this was so for a long time. I don’t understand it but it is very good news for al those orders from September on. Or not so much for those who think the deliveries are too soon now but this is a whole other story :D
For me this thread is near closure… 3 months… o_O
Babble is referring to a Cali BEACH. These have always tended to have quicker delivery times, even during the worse supply periods. The only market I've noted to see significant improvements (although some are debating this) for Ocean models with habitation, is the UK.

Babble is referring to a Cali BEACH. These have always tended to have quicker delivery times, even during the worse supply periods. The only market I've noted to see significant improvements (although some are debating this) for Ocean models with habitation, is the UK.
Thank you for clarifying. I thought something was odd because as you say: I too only see such extremely short waiting times in the UK. Probably/maybe this has something to do with the RHD van on which it is based; maybe a lot of them were recently produced? Or cancellations, more than elsewhere.
In any case, I look forward to the delivery of yours because since our problem (constant loud scratching at the front window, remember) has hopefully been definitively solved it is so much fun to drive it around every days. Happy days!
@babble: when it is delivered: of course you too have fun with it!
And by extension: all of you, enjoy your cali :D

Last edited:
Back